•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Evening/Night Short Desert Drive - Around Qudra - Dubai - 23 May 2021

Chaitanya D

24 minutes ago, Ehab said:

Thank you @Chaitanya D for the nice drive, the timing was perfect getting the best out of both daylight and almost full moon light, I wish if the trip was a bit longer.

@Gaurav Soni @Karthikeyan Govindarajan  @Darren Brooke  @Gregory @Sunil Mathew @Zed  @Wade Pat2@Anoop Raj  @Thomas Varghese  @M.Seidam @Craig Finlayson @Hisham Masaad @Tbone 

Enjoy the video

And here is a bounce video for the recoveries and refusals even though there were not many

Very nice videos @Ehab thank you very much👍👍

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

34 minutes ago, Ehab said:

Thank you @Chaitanya D for the nice drive, the timing was perfect getting the best out of both daylight and almost full moon light, I wish if the trip was a bit longer.

@Gaurav Soni @Karthikeyan Govindarajan  @Darren Brooke  @Gregory @Sunil Mathew @Zed  @Wade Pat2@Anoop Raj  @Thomas Varghese  @M.Seidam @Craig Finlayson @Hisham Masaad @Tbone 

Enjoy the video

And here is a bounce video for the recoveries and refusals even though there were not many

Excellent videos @Ehab. Many thanks for sharing and editing them so well. Perfect . Now I know which position to keep you when we do a drive together 🚙👍

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Trip Report 😎

@Gaurav Soni @Karthikeyan Govindarajan  @Darren Brooke  @Gregory @Sunil Mathew @Zed  @Wade Pat2@Anoop Raj  @Thomas Varghese  @M.Seidam @Craig Finlayson @Hisham Masaad @Tbone @Anoop Nair @Ehab

This will be easiest one🤣.

Text - awesome post written by @M.Seidam

Video - excellent post by @Ehab, do not miss it!

Some stats below 529320858_Screenshot_20210524-004220_GaiaGPS.jpg.ac8302e3f329a55bdc7441c1bd5bf006.jpg

See you all sometime soon. We had a nice fast paced, yet safe twilight  drive (day+night). Some nice self recoveries by @Gregory and @Sunil Mathew learning the manual crawl, perfect tugs to correct the angle of @Thomas Varghesexterra from a soft pocket by @M.Seidam.

Perfect 2nd lead by @Darren Brooke. Thank you 🙏

Great support by @Hisham Masaad, @Craig Finlayson and @M.Seidam. How well you all are grooming is a joy to experience and watch.

Well done and enjoy your week👍

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thanks @Chaitanya Dfor a really fun, fast paced drive over the long dunes. Doing it at night definitely adds another dimension. My 2nd night drive and definitely felt more confident this time.

Thanks for the opportunity to be 2nd lead,  

@Ehabtruly excellent videos

Thanks @Hisham Masaad, @Craig Finlayson and @M.Seidam for all the support

Until next time

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Zed said:

No worries @Sunil Mathew, it's a team-sports so we're glad to help whenever we can & have the tools. I offered to tug back with rope, but the Dr. prescribes that you should learn self-recovery 😅, so hope you learned something yesterday ☺️  I know we're in the same rank, but here I'm just sharing my tips I learned over the months to avoid that cresty-sticky situation:

1. When I was driving the Y62 Patrol, for some reason sometimes there's hesitation at the feet when going over dune. Maybe it's the scaryness of flying, or maybe afraid to wreck the car. To overcome this, just visualize you're driving an old car (don't be afraid to wreck it), and flying's a bit better than getting stuck. This will push your feet to the pedal and not let go during that crucial moment.

2. Be one with your car. This sounds like a Yoda trick, but after hours of driving the same car, you can "feel" what your car is going through: from the right-foot, to the right-leg, to the brain, "feel" and process these inputs. It helps to put the driver-window down when practicing: when the car is losing power, there's that specific sound the engine's making and you can feel the "loss of power" through your foot, then in split-seconds decide whether to put more gas pedal or if pedal's already maxxed out, accept the fact that you didn't have enough momentum and stop to reverse and try again. Forcing the car when it's already crying "i don't have enough power" usually is when I get stuck 😁

20 hours ago, Chaitanya D said:

@Zed, I would say getting stuck is way safer than flying.

I/We want you to get that fine balance by repeated practice crossing a dune straight up/down and while criss crossing as you progress- first on a small dune, then a medium, then a bigger and a sharp crest.

By flying you risk breaking something ( a bumper/fog lamps) to be the least, or a flip if it was worse - both of which is totally avoidable. If you fly while criss crossing you risk a roll over as most of the times you are entering the slip side of a dune.

While you practice to get that balance, you can get stuck 100 times and I/we will recover you 100 times (Here comes the importance of having strong rated recovery points at front and back.), but all do it fairly quickly. None other than @Karthikeyan Govindarajan would agree. Good to see how he is finding that balance in quick time

Point taken @Zed, along with comments from our marshal and lead @Chaitanya D

WRT the rank, i am an "absolute" fewbie :-) feeling like an absolute newbie  :-) , and yet to get a taste of fewbie rides, which i am cautious myself, and may attempt only after some more NB rides. I applied for FB  to widen the options i have for ride sign up, and not based on conviction that i am a fewbie. I still feel that i have a long way to go for being a proper fewbie, So your points and feedback are always welcome, as a more experienced driver.. i see you have quite a bit of experience with your Y62, from other posts in the forum, so keep it flowing !!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use