•  

COVID19 Compliant - Afternoon Newbie Desert Drive - Margham - Dubai - 28 May 2021

Drive Brief
A chance to enhance your off-road skills in the forgiving dunes of Margham. This area provides stunning scenery and beautiful sunsets. The dunes will give us the opportunity to play a little and hopefully  we get to sweep around some nice . gentle bowls and get on top of some nice low dunes. 

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: BAN POST

Two Way Radio Guidelines

• Every Offroader brings his own radio, programmed to the frequencies described in below advice topic.
  • We will not share spare radios or program your radio on the drive. If you need assistance in programming the radio, post a topic on the Carnity website with your questions and we will help you out. 
  • Make sure your radio is fully charged. It will be your only way of communication while driving.
  • Before buying, please carefully read below advice so you are informed properly on which model / cost / shops...
  • No radio = No drive. It is an essential tool and you should make sure you bring it on every drive and learn/practice how to use it.

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and Above (All Levels) 

When:  28 May 2021, Friday

Meeting time: 03:30 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: - https://goo.gl/maps/UdxJRwuzb6Urpqik7

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 19:30 (Friday evening)

End Point: TBD

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE UNLESS YOU HAVE A COMPRESSOR. ANYONE ARRIVING AT THE DRIVE WITHOUT A COMPRESSOR, FLAG, PROPER SHOVEL AND DEFLATION KIT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. ALL TOW POINTS WILL BE CHECKED BEFORE DEPARTURE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:
  • Limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • 1 Lead + 1-2 Seniors + 10 participants
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below calendar

• Like (+1) 2

• Gaurav changed the title to COVID19 Compliant - Afternoon Newbie Desert Drive - Margham - Dubai - 28 May 2021
On 5/25/2021 at 10:27 PM, Rory Ashman said:

Good evening. I will have the fill equipment listed but only did my first drive in Qudra last Friday morning. Will this be a suitable level? Thank you. 

Yes, if you have completed an Absolute Newbie then this drive is suitable.

• Like (+1) 1

Good afternoon fellow adventurers,

Tomorrow's drive will see us enter the tantalizing but forgiving dunes of Margham, the area has lots of nice low level dunes with some delicious low bowls too. This drive is all about practicing your newly found off-road driving skills whilst having lots of fun in the safest possible way. 

We have a large convoy of 15 with predominately newbie  drivers, however I have interspersed the drive with Fewbie drivers too which will provide you with nice tracks to follow as the convoy, no doubt, becomes extended. Please don't worry if you have a refusal or a stuck, as we have plenty of support available to teach you how to self recover, and how to use your shovel if needs be. We love when we get the opportunity to demonstrate these skills so please, embrace the refusals, it happens to us all.😎

Tomorrow we will use Radio Chanel 1 (one) 446.006.25

My proposed convoy is as follows:

Driver

Car

Level

Position

@Foxtrot Oscar

Black X

Marshal

Lead

@Ammar Naji

Expedition

Fewbie (22)

2nd Lead

@shu yang

White Y62

Newbie (1)

3rd

@JamesThorn

Black Lexus

Newbie (2)

4th

@Larry Cadden

Black Jeep

Fewbie (7)

5th

@Rory Ashman

Silver Jeep

Newbie (1)

6th

@Aisha S

Silver Jeep

Newbie (1)

7th

@Desert Dweller

Red Jeep

Advance

CF

@Wade Pat2

Black LC

Fewbie (7)

9th

@Saddaquat Tanvir

Black LC

Newbie (1)

10th

@Charbel Yazbeck

Silver Pajero

Newbie (3)

11th

@Sunil Mathew

Yellow Jeep

Fewbie (10)

12th

@Simon Hope

Silver Jeep

Newbie (2)

13th

@WaYan

Silver Jeep

Newbie (2)

14th

@Goutam

Yellow Jeep

IM

Sweep

Please do let me know if you cannot make it as I have @Goutam @PaoloMarazitiand @shu yangon the waitlist.

• Like (+1) 4

@shu yangare you good to go for tomorrow? As I see @Abdelhamid Elbasossihas removed his RSVP. As this would be your first drive of the weekend then you are top of the waitlist. Please confirm asap. Thank you :) 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, shu yang said:

@Foxtrot OscarHi Marshal, i am good to go, confirmed! Cant wait for my first afternoon drive. I had just installed my new front bumper with skid plate also.

Great!

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use