•  

COVID19 Compliant - Afternoon Newbie Desert Drive - Margham - Dubai - 28 May 2021

dear @Foxtrot Oscar, thank you for the lovely ride, and indeed we are all grateful for @Desert Dweller for saving the day :) . big thanks to Carnity for the opportunity to meet with amazing groups of off-road enthusiasts every week.

I uploaded few photos in the gallery for the beautiful memories of that afternoon !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Immediately after@Foxtrot Oscar lock herself out, I knew where my car keys are going to be. Safely in the pocket.

I then went and helped recover a mini truck carrying some camel feed. I saw him struggle and was waiting for him to ask for help but he would not come forward, while looking at us thinking "they could help". In the process I put a knot on my recovery rope. The novices-ness does show off in annoying ways.

As a newbie, I had problem determining how much gas to apply - too much gas when stuck and too little when it is needed. As the day progressed convoy to figured out how it is done and it was a smooth sailing quite soon into the drive.

Kudos to Angela @Foxtrot Oscar to mix a verity of driving challenges to hone the skills and end it off with a night technical drive towards the exit. A few pictures I snapped are in gallery for everyone to enjoy. See you all in the next drive. 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

Looked like a fun drive that slowly ramped up in intensity as everyone got more comfortable with their cars, was nice to see @Rory Ashman get into a good rhythm after a couple stucks at the beginning, it might be worth a try to drive with some of the manual car owners in carnity although they are sparce like @Srikumar and @Jeepie, im sure they'll have some great insights about driving stick in the desert, particularly around trying not to burn your clutch as that's a very common issue here.

I was MEGA excited about that popped out 🤣 the moment i felt the distinct rumbling and pull of a pop out the little boy in me had a moment of pure joy! So much so that i jumped out of the car an celebrated. This is a great thing to experience early in your drives as getting your first pop out much later would've mad for a harsher learning experience.

Also @Desert Dweller you may or may not still have my spare radio😅

Edited by Arman
tagged the wrong person oops
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad (0) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Foxtrot Oscar for the nice and relaxed drive and @Goutam for the supporting role.

Great opportunity to practice skills learned in previous drives.

Had a close range view of  fixing a pop out, with Angela explaining the procedure over radio - which was a first for me.

Nice to have had the time and opportunity for some chit chat with @Charbel Yazbeck who was driving in front of me and @WaYan 's partner Yanni, when we had the breaks. (Off course with masks on and social distancing - no violation of Covid protocols :-) here !!! )

Here is my first try with Relive, taking cue from some others in the forum

Animation  - https://www.relive.cc/view/vwq1wQ3yJBO

Interactive Route  - https://www.relive.cc/view/vwq1wQ3yJBO/explore

Not sure if these work :-) ..Enjoy if working, else ignore

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Arman said:

Looked like a fun drive that slowly ramped up in intensity as everyone got more comfortable with their cars, was nice to see @Rory Ashman get into a good rhythm after a couple stucks at the beginning, it might be worth a try to drive with some of the manual car owners in carnity although they are sparce like @Srikumar and @Jeepie, im sure they'll have some great insights about driving stick in the desert, particularly around trying not to burn your clutch as that's a very common issue here.

I was MEGA excited about that popped out 🤣 the moment i felt the distinct rumbling and pull of a pop out the little boy in me had a moment of pure joy! So much so that i jumped out of the car an celebrated. This is a great thing to experience early in your drives as getting your first pop out much later would've mad for a harsher learning experience.

Also @Desert Dweller you may or may not still have my spare radio😅

Sorry to disappoint you,  but I don't drive a manual 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use