•  

COVID19 Compliant - Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 28 May 2021

Wrangeld

9 hours ago, jamie taylor said:

hi @Wrangeld

i ive camped at beaches ive often parked away and carried my stuff over so having more experience would allow me to make my life easier for this also. and yeh i would also join some drives and do some easy dune bashing/ driving probably 

Hi @jamie taylor thanks for that. Perfect explanation and very common reasons for wanting to try out driving with a club. 

Look forward to seeing you in the morning. 

Dear Absolute Newbies, 

Here is the convoy list for the drive tomorrow morning. 

Morning Absolute Newbie Desert Drive Al Qudra 28 May 2021
Attendees Level Car Radio Pos #
Wrangeld Marshal Mitsubishi Pajero SWB Y 1
Abdul Rafay-S @Abdul Rafay-S Absolute Newbie Jeep Wrangler SWB N 2
Jamie Taylor @jamie taylor Absolute Newbie Jeep Wrangler LWB N 3
Abdelrahman Abounar @abdelrahman abounar Absolute Newbie Jeep Wrangler SWB N 4
Mohammed Samaco @Mohamed Samaco Absolute Newbie Jeep Wrangler JLU N 5
Will Seivewright @Will Seivewright Absolute Newbie Ford Raptor 150 N 6
Nivin @Nivin Fewbie Nissan Xterra Y 7

If you have your own radio, please bring this with you. If not, no problem, we will supply a suitably sanitized radio for your use. 

Looking forward to meeting you all in the morning. 

• Like (+1) 3

On 5/27/2021 at 9:05 AM, Wrangeld said:

Hi @jamie taylor thanks for that. Perfect explanation and very common reasons for wanting to try out driving with a club. 

Look forward to seeing you in the morning. 

@Wrangeld - apologies , but i forgot to hand back the radio , let me know what i can do to drop it back somewhere for you

also i hope you managed to catch @Will Seivewright and close the raptor tail

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Absolute Newbies, 

You are no longer absolute newbies - after today's drive, you are all firmly in the newbie camp. as we drove our circuitous route this morning from Bab Al Shams to Last Exit you had chances to cross dunes, descend, climb and negitiate some nice obstacles along the way. 

@abdelrahman abounar your timing ... well less said about that the better. Please listen to the instructions when you have a problem. It will help you and your fellow convoy members. Well done today. A manual is a new set of challenges. 

@jamie taylor great first drive. Sorry for literally rushing off. A great job by you as a first convoy drive. 

@Abdul Rafay-S all that time in the passenger seat did you proud. Excellent drive. 

@Mohamed Samaco Good first drive. Good self recoveries where needed. 

@Will Seivewright Nice to meet you Will. Strange that the Raptor which has electronics for every little f#$@ has no sensor on the tailgate. 

@Nivin Outstanding. great support. 

See you soon in the sand.

7 minutes ago, jamie taylor said:

@Wrangeld - apologies , but i forgot to hand back the radio , let me know what i can do to drop it back somewhere for you

also i hope you managed to catch @Will Seivewright and close the raptor tail

@jamie taylor I am based in Serena. You? 

Yes managed to catch up the Raptor ...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Thanks for catching me Richard - I was laser focused on watching the tire pressure readings as they take a while to register once inflated and totally missed the tailgate open - hope it didn’t curtail your goodbyes too much!! Thanks for leading and the guidance today and support from Nivin. Hope to catch up with folks on the next drive!

29 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

Dear Absolute Newbies, 

You are no longer absolute newbies - after today's drive, you are all firmly in the newbie camp. as we drove our circuitous route this morning from Bab Al Shams to Last Exit you had chances to cross dunes, descend, climb and negitiate some nice obstacles along the way. 

@abdelrahman abounar your timing ... well less said about that the better. Please listen to the instructions when you have a problem. It will help you and your fellow convoy members. Well done today. A manual is a new set of challenges. 

@jamie taylor great first drive. Sorry for literally rushing off. A great job by you as a first convoy drive. 

@Abdul Rafay-S all that time in the passenger seat did you proud. Excellent drive. 

@Will Seivewright Nice to meet you Will. Strange that the Raptor which has electronics for every little f#$@ has no sensor on the tailgate. 

im in Jumeirah islands, serena is Jumierirah village is it. thats 15 mins or so if thats the case

can i drop it off for you tomorow ? i guess perhaps you can see my profile and phone number? if so if you want to drop me a text message or phone call (not whatsapp as thats on another number) we can arrange a convenient time for you and let me know the place to drop it

• Like (+1) 1

Took the wheel finally after an year of visual learning, and I must say, driving isn’t half bad 😂

@Wrangeld It was an honor to have my first ever drive under your lead. As expected it was an awesome drive and I really enjoyed it thoroughly. You are right, all that time spent in the passenger seat helped me understand my car, and the sand better, it was my greatest strength today.

@MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ Good job at being a great passenger, should really do it more often 🌝

@jamie taylor@abdelrahman abounar@Mohamed Samaco Great first drive with your wranglers. Your cars are full of potential, do a couple of more drives to really understand your car’s behavior in sand and then you all will be able to perform wonders.

@Will Seivewright Amazing to see how you had your monster completely under your control. Usually I see such cars performing side sloping, sideways 😂. But that wasn't your case, great driving.

@Nivin Thanks for helping with the recoveries and ensuring that the convoy kept moving in one piece.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

Dear Absolute Newbies, 

@Wrangeld thanks a ton for you patience today,  the biggest challenge today was the manual gear, but by the end of the drive, i was able to understand more how to control it and keep the momentum.

@Nivin thank you for the outstanding support today.

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use