•  

COVID19 Compliant - Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Tawi Nazwa - Sharjah - 29 May 2021

Anish S

Great drive today, the area is spectacular and the drive was challenging and testing. It was a good group of drivers with very few problems for the majority of the drive. There were a few issues late on with a pop out,  plus my own 4 wheel drive, low and high shifter cable snapping left me in permanent neutral was interesting but by lying underneath the car and manually changing with my wheel wrench managed to solve. 

As always plenty of support and I much appreciated Anish checking I got home OK and Paulo for insisting on following me home just in case I had an issue. These are the reasons I enjoy being part of the Carnity family with such a great team spirit.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Thanks @Anish S & @Veedooshee once again for todays drive a perfect mix of all for a Fewbie with crossing semi technical area,  criss cross, steep climb, very soft patch. I throughly enjoyed and was able to test 4HLC and 2H in different gear and thanks for your tips.

Thanks @luis manteconfor being the amazing second lead, you did drive really well throughout drive it was a treat to watch you. Towards the end you had a pop-out in the small pocket which adds to your learning curve which was fixed by @Anish S in no time.

@Matt.T did perfect sweep role, keeping the communication going always. Well done in self recovery and hope you enjoyed it. It was unfortunate that you had technical problem, and with your perseverance sorted out on your own. Good to know that you reached home safely. Hope you get it fixed asap. Kudos to @PaoloMaraziti for making sure he reached home safely. 

@PaoloMaraziti definitely you have improved a lot and you started enjoying that reflected in your drive today. Keep it up.

@nihalyou did drive well today, If you maintain safe distance it would have been perfect, nothing to worry I am also improving on it.

@Farouq Owdehhope you enjoyed driving today on the churned up sand which would have given you more experience.

Over all we had minor refusals which were self recovered and only one assisted recovery which is very good. 

And special thanks to @Veedoosheefor being copilot and assisting in fixing popout, rerouting me when I went on other side.

I thank you all for joining todays drive and enjoying and demonstrating great team effort. Hope to see you all again soon. Have a nice week ahead.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Matt.T @PaoloMaraziti @luis mantecon  @Lakshmi Narasimhan  @Nihal17 @Farouq Owdeh

Today before beginning the drive, I had to make few changes to the convoy list due to few last minute no shows.  We started from Tawi Nazwa to Pink Rock and finally exited at Big Red. Luckily there was not much traffic in the area but some cross tracks that we came across. We got the opportunity to practice some side slopping, nice high climbs and criss crossings. We barely had few refusal on the first half of the drive.

Towards the end of the drive, we got few refusals, a stuck and a pop out which was successfully managed and fixed swiftly. Unfortunately, @Matt.T 4x4 selector cable snapped and was stuck in neutral but we figured out to manually move the selector to 4L from underneath the car. It was even more impressive when we exited on the tarmac, Matt managed to put it in 2H as well and also home safely.

Thank you  and Bravo to@PaoloMaraziti to go out of the way to follow Matt, it shows great team spirit, care and consideration towards each other.

Bigs thanks to @Lakshmi Narasimhan  for accepting to be centre forward the last minute and also for keeping the convoy together, as well as your assistance with the refusals.  @Matt.T did a fabulous job as a sweep and maintained excellent communication with me being my eyes at the back of the convoy. @luis mantecon was a flawless second lead as usual and made necessary correction whenever required so that the rest of the convoy can a smooth drive.

Thank you  @Veedooshee (my co pilot) for always being by my side and your assistance whenever required.

Lastly thank you everybody for joining the drive, for being such a nice team and for showing lots of patience and proactiveness to help each other which is very important for this sport. Looking forward to see you soon on another drive, till then stay safe and take care.

Screenshot_20210529-232828_2.png.957fe41384d337e3fb68c3eadc9c4ce0.pngScreenshot_20210529-232852_2.png.2679b73a14f85b2900b1c57267a8d59b.png

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 6

Thank you very much @Anish Sfor doing it again, as I said after the drive, you always manage to lead us with a perfect mix between fun and safety. Big thanks also to @Veedoosheefor her amazing copilot role and for supporting with the pop out and other refusals, impecable job. Incredible @Lakshmi Narasimhan, you have become an experienced driver assuming lead and support roles in record time !!! It is a pleasure always driving with you, you make the convoy feel safer. Thanks also to @Matt.Tgreat sweep always keeping us informed and managing refusals at the back fantastically, and also incredible ability to fix his mechanical problems on spot, nice meeting you buddy, I would like to have you around If I had problems with me clutch !! 
Also big thanks to @PaoloMarazitigreat guy!! Nice meeting you too. You did it amazing in all sense, driving great and supporting when there was any issue. Muchas gracias!!!!! 
@Nihal17@Farouq Owdehwell done !! 
It’s been one of the best drives since I joined the club!!! Well done guys, see you on the dunes!! Have a nice week ahead. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use