•  
Advertise here

Dash Cam Advice/Recommendations

Niki

I purchased the Mia70 pro a year ago on both my cars and I'm happy with it. I got the GPS MODULE as well but after a while it stops working as the holder will expand on heat and the gps pins won't touch firmly anymore.

They came up with a newer version called 70mia pro plus in which it has built in GPS.

The image video quality is very decent, it also has a small battery in which it can activates automatically if somebody hits your car while parked.

The first one is the most recent and advanced one recording at 4k res ( didn't try it yet).

The second one is the updated version of the pro thatbI have. ( Comes with built in GPS)

8ABA5712-1C29-4416-A7ED-5EA55458D3CA.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Goutam said:

And a few more. In my newest project I’ll be putting GPS overlay. 

Thats nice quality video.. 

there are couple of version in amazon. can you let me know which one do you use. 

image.png.64ee2f2740243cd79b9e5845ec580567.png

I have bought this one:

https://www.amazon.ae/dp/B083KV8LRC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_DNiC2A7moWXwK

but suggest buy the latest one. In my device it does not record GPS, and you would want to have it record GPS so that you can extract it.

with the Garmin app it is easy to do. 

I have to overlay the Gaia using app which is time consuming.

don't drive like its your last one.

4 minutes ago, Goutam said:

I have bought this one:

https://www.amazon.ae/dp/B083KV8LRC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_DNiC2A7moWXwK

but suggest buy the latest one. In my device it does not record GPS, and you would want to have it record GPS so that you can extract it.

with the Garmin app it is easy to do. 

I have to overlay the Gaia using app which is time consuming.

Thanks..

@sertac @Rizwanm2

and don't forget our trusty Dragon Mart.  they are the source of all Xiaomi products in the UAE and i understand they have a dedicated storefront there also.  online it is also available at a friendlier price point:

https://www.dragonmart.ae/xiaomi-dashboard-camera-recorder-with-night-vision

I am planning a visit there soon as I have read the A800 version is the one to pick up... hard to find the model number from the above link. 

Edited by Niki
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Niki Are you referring to the store that is on the ground floor of the new parking building, as soon as you come down the escalator? The prices seemed to be a on the higher side than the amazon for the product I was looking for (I was not looking for dashcam though). 

The price as per the online dragon mart is unbeatable for this, but as you mentioned you have to be careful for the version number. I have a couple of versions and the 2nd one is what I am currently using and that allows the watermark to be removed. First one does not allow removing the water mark, with the same software on the phone. Xiaomi keeps updating their models without any notice as such and it is a stress figuring out which one is current. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I think i have the DashCam Pro, the GPS is useless on that and the ADAS is more nuisance than of any use. I do not use it.

Not sure but Pro Plus+ seems to be able to record GPS telemetrics, which would be useable later to add waypoints etc or to overlay on the videos even.

tablesssss.png

• Thanks (+1) 1

@Goutam massive thanks again… you just saved me a trip!  That’s the store I was planning to visit.  

Will stick with Amazon as it’s also easier to return if any issues!  

noce to see your advice helping many more in my position also! 

4 minutes ago, Niki said:

@Goutam massive thanks again… you just saved me a trip!  That’s the store I was planning to visit.  

Will stick with Amazon as it’s also easier to return if any issues!  

noce to see your advice helping many more in my position also! 

Sharing is caring my friend. I am glad could help, with mostly useless knowledge I have for most of my friends in the real world.

70mai Smart Dash Cam Pro Plus Sets A500S 5MP Resolution/Free Wifi / 24-hours Parking Monitor / 140 Degree Wide View Angle/Dual Video Recording https://www.amazon.ae/dp/B07Y6VDF46/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_R76D5YZH97VG08EJFCHP

this is the device one should get. Along with the hardware kit if needed.

I had my second device set up on the back of my car to record the rear view, and on the Jeep it gets continuous power to that outlets, and it would make the device too hot. And it would continuously record even. But i think pro version was not built for continuous power to begin with.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1