•  

When every second matters: 4in1 inflation/deflation kit and Apex-like precision deflating valves

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

We really need to make u stuck super bad in 45 degrees soon.

Not just @Watteau; Now I have 4 names already targeted 🤣🤣

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

9 minutes ago, Islam Soliman said:

Not just @Watteau; Now I have 4 names already targeted 🤣🤣

assume you are referring to the following @Islam Soliman? 🍻

#1 @Ahab Shamaa

#2 @Watteau

#3 @Hisham Masaad

#4 @Lorenzo Candelpergher for starting this

Waitlist #1 @Frederic 

• Haha (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Niki said:

assume you are referring to the following @Islam Soliman? 🍻

#1 @Ahab Shamaa

#2 @Watteau

#3 @Hisham Masaad

#4 @Lorenzo Candelpergher for starting this

Waitlist #1 @Frederic 

Hahaha @Lorenzo Candelpergher is actually on WL as he is not yet joined your club.. so now you know who is #4 🤣🤣

as for @Frederic I know he is a sun lover like me

• Haha (+1) 4

Hello my dear fellow Carnitians; interesting thread you started@Lorenzo Candelpergher😁

@Niki  @Hisham Masaad , you guys have as big an appetite as I do for upgrades. I just had to steer you in the right direction 😂

@Watteau, you have a great system on your car and I’m more impressed that you did the work yourself 💪🏻

Back to the topic at hand, as far as the deflation goes and in my opinion, the Apex valves are the best thing out there since sliced bread 😀 They truly work very well, and are the fastest solution I’ve seen on the market. It literally takes about a minute to deflate all 4 tires from 40 PSI to 8-9 PSI. Once you’ve used them for a while, you can kind of gauge when to stop deflating at the right PSI. 
As for inflation, I believe Hisham’s solution is the most convenient out of all the Carnity people I know.  Attach 4 small hoses to each tire and voila! I’ve seen however a similar system to Hisham’s, where the inflation/deflation system (4 small hoses, each to a tire) is attached to an ARB double piston air compressor, where inflation/deflation happens from the convenience of the car, using an iPhone! It is brilliant, because by the time we finished the drive and reached the inflation point, the gentleman had already inflated all 4 tires (while driving). He then removed his flag and off he went. Didn't step out of the car for the inflation; only to remove his flag!

One last word, I found that the tank doesn’t speed things up much on the ARB system. Instead, I opted to install two in-line ARB compressors in the car and managed to cut my inflation time by half 😀 Something to think about @Hisham Masaad and @Niki 😈

• Like (+1) 4
  • WOW (+2) 3

Gadget envy! 😆

This is my humble system:

1. Deflate: (a) JT Brooks deflators, (b) sunblock lotion if afternoon drive 😅

2. Calibrate after deflate and during drive: ARB low air pressure gauge (analog)

3. Inflate: (a) on board twin-piston ARB compressor, (b) 4L ARB tank, (c) Power Tank Inflator (picture attached, works well and is reasonably precise), (d) sunblock lotion if morning drive ☀️

I concur though with @Ahab Shamaa in that the 4L tank does not really speed inflating up, but what to do, it's installed already 🙄

Wish list, but will not acquire because space in SWB patrol is limited, a CO2 tank (Power Tank or Smittybilt) and APEX deflators.

Apart from an occasion when I was shamefully late to a drive, I try to be as early as possible to have sufficient time to deflate the tires and flag-up.  Heat is indeed an issue, difficult to get used to, but is okay.

20210521_092227.jpg

• Like (+1) 7

2 hours ago, Ahab Shamaa said:

Hello my dear fellow Carnitians; interesting thread you started@Lorenzo Candelpergher😁

@Niki  @Hisham Masaad , you guys have as big an appetite as I do for upgrades. I just had to steer you in the right direction 😂

@Watteau, you have a great system on your car and I’m more impressed that you did the work yourself 💪🏻

Back to the topic at hand, as far as the deflation goes and in my opinion, the Apex valves are the best thing out there since sliced bread 😀 They truly work very well, and are the fastest solution I’ve seen on the market. It literally takes about a minute to deflate all 4 tires from 40 PSI to 8-9 PSI. Once you’ve used them for a while, you can kind of gauge when to stop deflating at the right PSI. 
As for inflation, I believe Hisham’s solution is the most convenient out of all the Carnity people I know.  Attach 4 small hoses to each tire and voila! I’ve seen however a similar system to Hisham’s, where the inflation/deflation system (4 small hoses, each to a tire) is attached to an ARB double piston air compressor, where inflation/deflation happens from the convenience of the car, using an iPhone! It is brilliant, because by the time we finished the drive and reached the inflation point, the gentleman had already inflated all 4 tires (while driving). He then removed his flag and off he went. Didn't step out of the car for the inflation; only to remove his flag!

One last word, I found that the tank doesn’t speed things up much on the ARB system. Instead, I opted to install two in-line ARB compressors in the car and managed to cut my inflation time by half 😀 Something to think about @Hisham Masaad and @Niki 😈

This is so lame @Ahab Shamaa .. all of this and still I have to step out of the car to take the flag… very inconvenient 🤪

• Haha (+1) 7

I'm sure next time these extra-convenient guys get stuck, they will simply walk out with hands up surrender mode.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

21 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

I'm sure next time these extra-convenient guys get stuck, they will simply walk out with hands up surrender mode.

I believe these conveniences are to compensate after recoveries during hot summer!!!

5 hours ago, Ahab Shamaa said:

Again!!!!!!! Stop it @Ahab Shamaa🥴🥴

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Hi all, some really useful suggestions here and find myself in exactly the same position trying to save time inflating (a single compressor on 4 Raptor tyres is not fun!)…can anyone suggest a supplier here that can supply and install systems based on what we require, and not just what suits them to sell?

PS - Love the idea of using the phone to control what is going on!

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use