•  

When every second matters: 4in1 inflation/deflation kit and Apex-like precision deflating valves

1 minute ago, Lorenzo Candelpergher said:

It will work. The TPMS sensor is removed from the stock valves and connected to the Apex ones. 

@Ahab Shamaa may be able to advise for FJ as he was told to remove them!  @Hisham Masaad also has them on his FJ so may be able to also advise … This then brings you to the famed TPMS hack to stop the flashing light on our dash when we have no TPMS. 

Edited by Niki

6 minutes ago, PaoloMaraziti said:

Anybody got issues with APEX valves and TPMS ? 

I am going install them but my current TPMS is attached to the old valves, so it won’t work anymore (used only to trigger a low pressure warning light on the dashboard)

I have a FJ Cruiser 

Hi Paolo, I recently installed the APEX valves on my Raptor and the TPMS worked fine...HOWEVER...despite buying the XL valves I have found out the hard way that they do not fit the rims of my truck so have reverted back to OEM...so I have a set of barely used APEX valves going now!!

• Sad (0) 2

5 minutes ago, Russ said:

Hi Paolo, I recently installed the APEX valves on my Raptor and the TPMS worked fine...HOWEVER...despite buying the XL valves I have found out the hard way that they do not fit the rims of my truck so have reverted back to OEM...so I have a set of barely used APEX valves going now!!

@Watteau pls see @Russ experience with apex valves above!  … :( 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, PaoloMaraziti said:

Anybody got issues with APEX valves and TPMS ? 

I am going install them but my current TPMS is attached to the old valves, so it won’t work anymore (used only to trigger a low pressure warning light on the dashboard)

I have a FJ Cruiser 

Why not considering an after market TPMS system that gives the pressure and temperature readings for each tyre. I believe they come easy on the pocket

I have a built in system in my Y62 and it saved me from some popouts since I can see a tyre dropping irregularly, so you take the action and inflate before the worse happens 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Russ said:

@Niki, @Watteauand I already in touch on this subject off-line so he is fully aware of my (expensive) troubles!

Sorry you went through this trouble @Russ.  If my wheels would fit the XL Apex I would have taken them from you to lessen the AED loss.  

Just now, RooRzOn said:

Why not considering an after market TPMS system that gives the pressure and temperature readings for each tyre. I believe they come easy on the pocket

I have a built in system in my Y62 and it saved me from some popouts since I can see a tyre dropping irregularly, so you take the action and inflate before the worse happens 

@RooRzOn can you share the brand you used.  I heard that after market ones give annoying warning when we are at Offroad pressure as they assumed we are too low.  If it’s not that annoying in real world experience I will def reconsider after market TPMS

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Niki said:

can you share the brand you used.  I heard that after market ones give annoying warning when we are at Offroad pressure as they assumed we are too low.  If it’s not that annoying in real world experience I will def reconsider after market TPMS

I have an OEM system that comes with the Y62 but I've seen these on youtube and I assume that they are programmable to your preferred pressure and that you can also turn the inside car piece off so you can only use it for offroading. But again this is just from watching youtube so I will try to post the link here

9 minutes ago, Niki said:

can you share the brand you used.  I heard that after market ones give annoying warning when we are at Offroad pressure as they assumed we are too low.  If it’s not that annoying in real world experience I will def reconsider after market TPMS

Hope someone will have an idea where to get such a system in the local market

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PaoloMaraziti said:

actually I’d not mind to move to a TPMS with a wireless actual pressure reader in the process … but I could t find any with good critics, any feedback

@PaoloMaraziti Amazon US has a list of their best selling third party TPMS systems .. and many with good reviews (volume and scores).  Most deliver to UAE either via the .ae store or direct from US. 

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Automotive-Aftermarket-Tire-Pressure-Monitoring-Systems-TPMS/zgbs/automotive/2201765011

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use