•  

COVID19 Compliant - Night Intermediate Desert Drive - Lisaili - Dubai - 4 Jun 2021

Chaitanya D

Thank you Guys for thr thrilling drive, the first part was challenging for everybody, I got stuck on almost a flat area😂😂not sure if that was because the brake fluid sensor that I disingaged which switched off most of the systems in the car, TSC, ABS, VDC, BLSD, BCI 😂 basically it turned my dashboard into a Christmas tree, maybe the 4Wheel wasn't working in its full power. After the stuck I put it the connector back and continued the drive with no issues but the sand wasn't as soft, so I can never tell if that connector was the reason.

The weird vibration and noise apparently comming from sand sitting on the pulleys. Even today when I had a look, some pulleys where still full of sand.

EDAACBE0-2891-4C4A-8B1B-5140DFE51925.jpeg

• Like (+1) 6

Superb report @Chaitanya D made me feel suspense while reading it  and knowing your style and the Bunch you had I knew I missed those baby dunes , you know how I love them , and all the action in the dark .  Well done every one 👍✌️.... redo another round and you all  get super cookies 🍪 home made 🤣😄

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Lawrence_Chehimi said:

Thank you Guys for thr thrilling drive, the first part was challenging for everybody, I got stuck on almost a flat area😂😂not sure if that was because the brake fluid sensor that I disingaged which switched off most of the systems in the car, TSC, ABS, VDC, BLSD, BCI 😂 basically it turned my dashboard into a Christmas tree, maybe the 4Wheel wasn't working in its full power. After the stuck I put it the connector back and continued the drive with no issues but the sand wasn't as soft, so I can never tell if that connector was the reason.

The weird vibration and noise apparently comming from sand sitting on the pulleys. Even today when I had a look, some pulleys where still full of sand.

EDAACBE0-2891-4C4A-8B1B-5140DFE51925.jpeg

Did you try to remove it with a air gun or the nozzle of the compressor blowing sand and check. Looks quite unusual to see this and indeed the vibration was a bit strange .

• Like (+1) 3

47 minutes ago, Chaitanya D said:

Did you try to remove it with a air gun or the nozzle of the compressor blowing sand and check. Looks quite unusual to see this and indeed the vibration was a bit strange .

Yes I took it to the petrol station and air blew all the engine bay.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, M.Seidam said:

Superb report @Chaitanya D made me feel suspense while reading it  and knowing your style and the Bunch you had I knew I missed those baby dunes , you know how I love them , and all the action in the dark .  Well done every one 👍✌️.... redo another round and you all  get super cookies 🍪 home made 🤣😄

Dear @M.Seidam you missed it.

It was great fun drive. Thank you @Chaitanya D for much needed adrenaline rush drive throught beautiful dunes. hope you will organize another similar drive soon.... 🔜🙏

Will upload some dashcam clips soon. 

Edited by Rizwanm2
  • Like (+1) 5

Hi guys, had fun filled ,adrenaline gushing, thrilling roller coasters after initial hitch. Thank you @Chaitanya D.

Car is at Trading, as usual they are lousy, they will report after 2to3 days then let's see what happens, I just put there thinking ,they would cover in warranty. 

My sincere gratitude and all words are not enough to thanks @Gok Krish, @Gaurav Soni, @Thomas Varghese, for staying back till wee hours. Love you guys.

Big thanks , even he dropped me to home,@Chaitanya D appreciated .

Carnity 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗.

Edited by Pacific
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chaitanya D said:

Trip report  - what a thrilling night drive:

Coming back the very next day from a near flawless night NB drive who managed the first technical bit with few refusals only , I wanted to challenge the experienced members going into the baby dunes entering a bit more early to test the skills we have learned. And that's when the desert Gods decided to bring us , and especially me down to earth!!

The small 400 to 500 m stretch of tight dunes felt likea million Kms - we had multiple refusals , stucks in super soft sand patches and some stucks in impossible pockets including one of mine as I slipped into a pocket needing the more  experienced member @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ to pull me as it was a one try situation and he did it perfectly .

We had cars getting stuck on plane dunes, cars getting stuck on baby crests, cars sinking in sand as soon as they stop and some cars making weird noises as if they said "we don't want to drive on these dunes"🤣🤣. The sand was extremely soft and we spent a considerable amount of time recovering all the cars but all did well with good coordination for multiple shoveling, tugging and then we were on to the long dunes. A breath of fresh air as if we were just born babies crying aloud to gasp that oxygen for our cars airboxes to expand!!

Once on to the long dunes what happened next was pure thrill. Long climbs , super long side slopes,  ridge rides following the leap of faith, super sharp criss crosses  at fantastic pace let everyone's hearts racing. You will not believe even though we drove like this for just over 2 hrs , all the hard work we had initially was almost forgotten. Vow it was pure thrill doing those !!

Impressive how everyone pushed their cars playing with the tiptronics climbing those ridges and cross crossings. At one place we did non stop criss cross on sharp ridges which was thrilling. Well handled by all. We squeeze the max out of these long dunes and then headed towards the sabkhas separating from Murqab. Sand in these smaller dunes was softer and we had more refusals , again bringing us back to mother earth. Managed quickly with some tugs and then we played quite some time more in the longer dunes and some nice bowls there. 

Unfortunately I landed in a smallish pocket which was hardly visible coming off the ridge. Pulling needed a double rope and the car tugging got stuck with the rope tight. Thanks @Rob H for the sequential 2nd pull from other tow hook to remove the tension on the rope .  We drove back to exit quickly from there taking the dirt tracks , slightly late but all in all a good thrilling drive in the dark.

@Pacific did well managing the 2nd lead positions. Thank you. You need to control your gas in soft sands as you will dig in quickly if you don't control that. Sorry to see that bend on your front end after you took a bump , causing your car to lean to right which was more evident on tarmac. I hope it is an easy fix .

@Gok Krish glad to see you after a long time. Impressive how you have improved and managed even when I pushed it . Hardly any issues,  some refusals which is always part of the learning. Well done.

@Lawrence_Chehimi managed his patrol y62 well on this fast paced drive in the dark. I suppose your car doesn't like the technical stuff throwing some weird noises. 🤣🤣. I hope it hasn't come back and all is well. Great driving that monster 

@Thomas Varghese has some huge experience coming into this drive which was great to see. However you still need to get that control further to manage that fishtailing on faster and steeper climbs. It is a very thin line , which will come with practice and you will improve on that for sure. We will improve with every drive, I improve every drive leading and supporting learning something new  and hence I am sure you will learn it too quickly. Thank you for spotting the issue with @Pacific car  diligently.

@GauravSoni did well in all areas and always good to see you having a very helpful attitude. Minor refusals and  stuck  in some softer patches on slowing down , but well driven . Thanks for staying back while we waited for the recovery truck along with @Gok Krish . 

@Rizwanm2 managed the challenge well even though slightly at the back which meant you will be driving on slightly churned tracks. Impressive to see you hardly had any issues, well done.

@MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ with copilot son Rafay helped immensely in all the time we needed help. Tugging me twice from pockets in tricky areas . Well driven and great to have your company on any drive.  Thank you 

@Rob H sweeped us all with his supercharged Tundra. Impressive as always and why I say this is even in tighter baby dunes where many had issues having refusals and stucks you just eased through in that monster. Of course well driven on the longer dunes which as fantastic to see. Well done and thank you.

It was a first for me - a full 4 hr thrilling intermediate fast paced drive at night. We drove close to slightly longer than 2 hrs without any issues and we spent close to 2hrs managing the recoveries. For the 2 hrs we drove we clocked close to 50 Km at a fantastic pace doing all the maneuvers as planned in the dark. The 2 hrs we spent managing recoveries definitely kept us grounded🤣🤣. We will learn from all these and come back soon to have some fun and thrill in the dark albeit with lesser issues hopefully.

Enjoy your week at work and see you all some time soon. 

Cheers 

Thank you @Chaitanya D for a very impressive drive report. I appreciate about your comments on me fishtailing and will definitely try to improve on that area. To be truthful when I was negotiating that climb I had put in more power initially so that the X will climb and nothing was felt inside the car except the bumps. I was surprised you had announced over the radio to me to being careful that I fishtailed a lot but I know you must have seen it and had got concerned. Maybe I was not fully alert and attentive. Thank you for pointing it out. The drive was superb in terms of challenges and speed. Looking forward for future drives with you. 

• Like (+1) 4

Few clips from drive. it was continues drive but my dashcam saves only 3 min clips. Enjoy.. :) 

Part 1

Part 2 

Part 3 

Part 4

Edited by Rizwanm2
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 5

27 minutes ago, Rizwanm2 said:

Few clips from drive. it was continues drive but my dashcam saves only 3 min clips. Enjoy.. :) 

Part 1

Part 2 

Part 3 

Part 4

Amazing night drive 👍

• Like (+1) 4

42 minutes ago, Rizwanm2 said:

Part 1

Part 2 

Part 3 

Part 4

Nice videos, feeling bad now. I have the same camera forgot to connect last night drive 😅

• Like (+1) 4

Important Information

Terms of use