•  

COVID19 compliant - Fewbie Night Drive - Murquab - Dubai - 3 Jun 2021

Drive Report

The air was cool, the night sky was clear, and the opportunity to drive with the windows down at this time of year was very welcome. We started off on the track, as I didn’t want to disturb residents with a  12 strong convoy who lit up the night sky with an array of off-road lights. We reached the sand and started off gently, finding both our night vision and desert wheels as we meandered through Murquab’s dunes.  It was a nice gentle way to become acclimatised. At one point we came across so many gazelles , more than I have ever seen, it was a beautiful sight.

As the drive progressed so did the level and we had the opportunity to side slope and cross over some dunes. We had one or two refusals as we did so , but nothing major. We played around the areas some more and then at the top of the dune just before the sabka we decided to turn off the engines, and lights to gaze at the night stars stretching out before us. It truly was wonderful.

We took the SZR through the small technical patch that led us to the north of Solar Park. Here we found some lovely low-level dunes that allowed us to get on top and do a little ridge riding and crossing. The technical challenge increased ever so slightly as some tight maneuvers were executed with the convoy coping admirably. As the dunes increased in size, we continued to side slope and cross them. Again, we had a couple of refusals and I think just one crest. That said, the convoy was doing exceptionally well considering, for many , this was their first night drive.

As the clock struck midnight and with everyone driving well we had a choice to make, keep going or know when we’ve had enough of a good thing. I decided that , as always with these things, one final push may have been a push too far. We made our way out of the dunes and headed across the Sabka to the tracks and finally the tarmac.

It was a nice , chilled , fun drive and that was made possible by the convoy. @Chris Meir , @Nithin Vaidir and @Richard Franks you all  coped really well with some technical aspects, with just a couple of refusals and I think one stuck, well done. Likewise the guys further back, @Ehab  @luis mantecon, @Anand Nataraj  and @Danish Mohammad  just a couple of easy refusals nothing major.
I might have said yalla, did I say yalla? Haha I pushed you, I know I did, thank you , you really did cope admirably.  

Many thanks to my support team, @Pacific at 2nd lead who did a great job, @GauravSoni as my CF who was always on hand to assist with refusals and stucks.  Likewise  @Abdul Rahman AKhad the pleasure of helping GS get unstuck , well done and of course @Tbonefor assisting the convoy at the back and keeping us all moving. Great work guys.

Once again thank you all  for accompanying me on this night adventure, for listening to instructions, communicating clearly and driving so well!  I had so much fun!

Until our next adventure 😎

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Thanks a lot @Foxtrot Oscarand the rest of the supporting team @Pacific @Gaurav Soni @Abdulrahmanand @Tbonefor an amazing experience driving at night!! I loved it!! Thanks also to the rest of the convoy, you did great guys. See you on the dunes ! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

51 minutes ago, luis mantecon said:

Thanks a lot @Foxtrot Oscarand the rest of the supporting team @Pacific @Gaurav Soni @Abdulrahmanand @Tbonefor an amazing experience driving at night!! I loved it!! Thanks also to the rest of the convoy, you did great guys. See you on the dunes ! 

All had  great drive....

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Foxtrot Oscarfor this wonderful Thursday night drive and letting us to have nice family weekend. Love the route choose by you with big and small dunes, The last two hours was really amazing Loved It 🥰

Few refusals and stuck are as a part of fun with learning which was very well handle by our excellent team  @Pacific @Gaurav Soni @Abdul Rahman AK & @Tbone appreciate your support and help.

Thanks to every member in Convoy for your patience.

Stay Safe !!! Insha'Allah See you in next drive 🙂

• Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use