•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Bab Al shams - Dubai- 04 June 2021

@Yousef Alimadadi what a super ride you led today!  The track you planned has made me appreciate Quadra so much more!  I didn’t know it could be that much fun!

You really did give us a full 7 course meal:

technical, ridge riding, fast paced sidies, ropes, shovel, a pop out and the rare ‘push’ down the dune technique :) 

Great lead and super support from @Frederic and @Janarthan (I truly appreciate the knowledge you both shared during the recoveries). Special mention to @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil who was superb as SL!! 

super pics in the gallery !! Thanks for those that took these and have uploaded. 

what a great convoy today.. this group plus these drives are why I love fewbies … #foreverFewbie 🤩

Ps. @Frederic I cannot look at my soft shackles the same way again 😳 (for the others I won’t share the comparisons made as it may ruin your dinner 😣)

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

1 hour ago, Niki said:

@Yousef Alimadadi what a super ride you led today!  The track you planned has made me appreciate Quadra so much more!  I didn’t know it could be that much fun!

You really did give us a full 7 course meal:

technical, ridge riding, fast paced sidies, ropes, shovel, a pop out and the rare ‘push’ down the dune technique :) 

Great lead and super support from @Frederic and @Janarthan (I truly appreciate the knowledge you both shared during the recoveries). Special mention to @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil who was superb as SL!! 

super pics in the gallery !! Thanks for those that took these and have uploaded. 

what a great convoy today.. this group plus these drives are why I love fewbies … #foreverFewbie 🤩

Ps. @Frederic I cannot look at my soft shackles the same way again 😳 (for the others I won’t share the comparisons made as it may ruin your dinner 😣)

We gotta walk the walk if we decide to talk the talk: 

CF0C47A8-487E-4DAA-AE6F-22F8C971AA1A.jpeg.cd4bbcd9f1b2d26ce4889eaa39b9fd1c.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Yousef Alimadadi Chapeau ! as we say in French :) 

I agree with @Niki the track you took did show us another facette of Al Qudra dunes and you managed to take us through a variety of challenges and techniques. I really enjoyed being your SL and glad I could help on different occasions.

@Frederic @Janarthan thank you for your support and the knowledge. 

And overall it was beautiful to see everyone riding in the convoy while we were looping around the big dunes !

See you all very soon.

• Like (+1) 6

Guys really enjoyed that drive, especially the mid section where the pace increased, I echo that I have a new found appreciation of Qudra now!

Thanks @Yousef Alimadadi, @Frederic (Most notably for the 5am Ibiza beats and assistance with my dodgy valve haha) and @Janarthan, and finally getting to meet @Niki.

See you soon.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Guys really enjoyed that drive, especially the mid section where the pace increased, I echo that I have a new found appreciation of Qudra now!

Thanks @Yousef Alimadadi, @Frederic (Most notably for the 5am Ibiza beats and assistance with my dodgy valve haha) and @Janarthan, and finally getting to meet @Niki.

See you soon.

20210604_083715.jpg

• Like (+1) 3

Thank you @Yousef Alimadadi, @Frederic and @Janarthan for the wonderful lead, support and choice of terrain

Got a chance to understand first hand that driving at #12 in a 13 car convoy comes with its challenges

1. Churned up sand 

2. Bumpy tracks - i believe due to some car/cars in the convoy having intermittent wheel locks due to sharp steering + differential action? I kept seeing these closely spaced bumps on one wheel track, normally the outer wheel - i think

3. The mound of sand on the lower side of a dune slope, created by cars in front, on long sideys - which i struggled to navigate and choose my lines correctly.

probably @Janarthan can comment, as i could not sustain a couple of sideys for the full distance, and exited early.

It was a new learning experience and a strong upward nudge to my off-road learning curve.

My Nav app says, we covered 62 Km in almost 4 hrs..good going to all fellow drivers.

Couldnt witness much of the action  - stucks/recoveries/pop out etc - all were happening somewhere "far" at the front :-) 

For my fewbie debut ride, i had my fill, so Looking forward and coming back for more!!

Relive links

https://www.relive.cc/view/vevYXYQgWyq/explore

https://www.relive.cc/view/vevYXYQgWyq

Edited by Sunil Mathew
relive links added
  • Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Sunil Mathew said:

Thank you @Yousef Alimadadi, @Frederic and @Janarthan for the wonderful lead, support and choice of terrain

Got a chance to understand first hand that driving at #12 in a 13 car convoy comes with its challenges

1. Churned up sand 

2. Bumpy tracks - i believe due to some car/cars in the convoy having intermittent wheel locks due to sharp steering + differential action? I kept seeing these closely spaced bumps on one wheel track, normally the outer wheel - i think

3. The mound of sand on the lower side of a dune slope, created by cars in front, on long sideys - which i struggled to navigate and choose my lines correctly.

probably @Janarthan can comment, as i could not sustain a couple of sideys for the full distance, and exited early.

It was a new learning experience and a strong upward nudge to my off-road learning curve.

My Nav app says, we covered 62 Km in almost 4 hrs..good going to all fellow drivers.

Couldnt witness much of the action  - stucks/recoveries/pop out etc - all were happening somewhere "far" at the front :-) 

For my fewbie debut ride, i had my fill, so Looking forward and coming back for more!!

Relive links

https://www.relive.cc/view/vevYXYQgWyq/explore

https://www.relive.cc/view/vevYXYQgWyq

Well spotted @Sunil Mathew, the further you are in the convoy, the more churned up the sand will be, so it’s a good decision to slightly go next to the used track (one or tyre widths), and to exit early if you see that the side slops is too churned up. 

• Like (+1) 5

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use