•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Bab Al shams - Dubai- 04 June 2021

26 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Well spotted @Sunil Mathew, the further you are in the convoy, the more churned up the sand will be, so it’s a good decision to slightly go next to the used track (one or tyre widths), and to exit early if you see that the side slops is too churned up. 

Thanks Fred @Frederic for the guidance. Just to clarify further, when you say "go next to the used track" on a slope , i can see 2 choices

1.  offset my track towards the down side of the slope - here i run the risk of going over the "mound of sand" created by the cars in front, and bounce couple of times, as my tyres clear this "mini dune". Ultimately this is what i did, but i exited instead of continuing the side slope.

OR

2. Offset my track towards upside of slope - here i run the risk of fighting gravity, but is it wise to do fine corrections in steering and still move uphill ?

Could you offer your thoughts on these, if its not asking for too much :-) ?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Sunil Mathew said:

Thanks Fred @Frederic for the guidance. Just to clarify further, when you say "go next to the used track" on a slope , i can see 2 choices

1.  offset my track towards the down side of the slope - here i run the risk of going over the "mound of sand" created by the cars in front, and bounce couple of times, as my tyres clear this "mini dune". Ultimately this is what i did, but i exited instead of continuing the side slope.

OR

2. Offset my track towards upside of slope - here i run the risk of fighting gravity, but is it wise to do fine corrections in steering and still move uphill ?

Could you offer your thoughts on these, if its not asking for too much :-) ?

The second option is the best by attacking the slope with a little bit more momentum than the guy before you with the aim of going a bit higher on the slope. Also your angle of approach towards the slope can be slightly changed so you can ascent the slope from a fresher track. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Derive Report.

Thank you everyone for being on time and come to the meeting point with full of energy.

We started with short interaction, convey numbering and we hit the Bab al shams desert by 5:15min.

This was my second lead and you all made this drive amazing to me.    

@Alain Canivet-Abikhalil, you played a very important role as a second lead, you were calm and drove very good with your Wrangler. you followed me perfectly in technical area and kept safe distance in long dunes. Well done.

@Niki, You drove very well with you FJ-Cruiser and nicely followed the second lead paths. Well done… 

@Pierre de Maigret, you did great job with your FJC. Well done and and see you soon on the sand.

@Chinthaka Ruwan, I did not hear that much from you  and you were calm. you did great with your Xterra. well done and see you soon on the sand.

@Chris Wing, you did great drive with your FJC. well done.

@Frederic  Special thanks to Marsal @Frederic for such a great support and technical advice to the team. Thank you and I really appreciate your support. 

@Zixuan HuangI didn’t hear that much in the radio about you. it means you handled well your big car, Nissan Pathfinder in technical area and long dunes. Well done buddy.

@Russ  same to you, I never heard anything about you on the radio communication and you did fantastic job with your big car, Ford Raptor . Thank you and hope to see you again

@Miguel Ibarbia I am sure that you enjoyed long dunes with your Jeep Wrangler. You drove well. thank you and see you soon.

@PaoloMaraziti  You did great job with your FJC. Well done and and see you soon on the sand. 

@Sunil Mathew, I did not hear that much about you and it means you did such a great job with your Wrangler. Well done and hope to see you again  

@Janarthan, Thank you so much for your great support. You handled nicely all the supports needed in backside of Convoy. You made me to be more relax and fully focused to my lead responsibilities. Thank you again.  

Once again, thank you all and see you soon on the desert. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use