•  
Advertise here

Completely deactivate Traction Control from 2015 F150: how?

6 hours ago, Shehab Alawadhi said:

Hey @Ivan Pironi so f150 has 3 types of traction control, I’ll post a chart explains the 3 types of traction control.

1 press the button and it turns off traction control. 
2 hold for 5 seconds turns off ESC 

3 hold for 5 seconds while in 4L turns off RSC 

Now for the engine cutting power is mostly because if you drive on D the car automatically upshifts so you don’t overhead your gearbox, then will again downshift if you are still pressing the gas pedal. (Now you have to make sure you actually pressed the traction control button until you get a message saying ESC disabled. If it says traction control disabled it means it’s not fully disabled)

To over come this simply drop your gear into 1st and stay there, since it’s a big car and the higher you want to climb the more difficult it is it will be on the car, unless you have enough momentum before the dune to glide upwards. Further more if you are in sport mode it helps keep the gears lowers if you aren’t bothered driving manual. 

The f150 owners manual doesn’t say anything about traction control or anything on how to remove it. You can install a kill switch in your car but your warranty will void. However I've never had the problem of losing power (only when I’m in D and doing long climbs or long side slopes. I use my tiptronic when I want to do long climbs and long slopes.) I thought about wanting to add a kill switch but after doing some research I found that I don’t need to. Loss of power isn’t a problem of mine anymore. (Unless I mess up and get lazy and not use my tiptronic 😂

Hope that helped. If we meet up one day on a drive I’ll explain face to face! 
Have a great day!

P.S. 

If you turn off your car and turn it back on check that traction control is off. Your problem might have also been that your car was off and you switched it off and forgot to check if traction control was off, happened to me 😂

7C516FE5-93C5-4E41-81B5-CB9E35CFEBE1.jpeg

Thanks for that explanation. I've been wondering about this in the F150 for a while because there are others, like Ivan with the same problem. Really helpful 

• Like (+1) 1

I had these same issues earlier with my Yukon.. my easiest straight forward solution is kill the 🧠, while deflating I take out 4 fuses for ESC/TRC, ABS, and airbags. 

of course what @Shehab Alawadhi explained will still be required on high steep climbs through soft sand but my advise is to shift down to lower gear before your car loses power because if you wait for it then most probably it’s too late. So by time you will know the limits of your car in similar situations and manually take it down to a lower gear at the right moment before it it shifts up and u lose power.

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/1/2021 at 1:35 PM, Shehab Alawadhi said:

You can do either one it doesn’t matter. Whatever you prefer. I don’t use the M button because it means I have to constantly be shifting gears. I use the 1 and 2 so I stay in D most of the time, (D and on sports mode, try it next you you drive and it’s much different.) I only use the 1st and 2nd gear when I really need to. 

With the f150 it’s a very powerful car so power isn’t an issue it’s just knowing from where to start giving gas so you can gain momentum.

image.jpeg.f122b32032c67ff1642d4c011ea3d33c.jpeg

Thank you so much! this made my Friday ride smoot and rich of "power" :)

no more power issue!!!!

• Well Done (+2) 2

• 5 months later...

@Shehab Alawadhi, it's a bit of long shot by trying to revive this post if I may please :-). I am in a similar situation and I don't want to lose power when it's needed the most. I have some questions regarding triptronic:

1. When you say triptronic, do you mean from the Menu-->Offroad? 

2. Could you please explain how you use the triptronic effectively? 

Thanks,

K

• 4 months later...
On 11/7/2021 at 4:10 PM, Karthik Raptor said:

1. When you say triptronic, do you mean from the Menu-->Offroad? 

2. Could you please explain how you use the triptronic effectively? 

hello,

the tiptronic, is the setting/position of the gear/gearstick in order to use the gear "in manual" mode... I do believe that tiptronic is a generic terms for this setting. 

I assume that to use effectively the tiptronic, it means to ensure "you" are i charge of gear and not the electronics... so, if you want to down-shift, you so do... same if you want to up-shift... 

for me it works like that: 

1) I press and hold 10 second the "ABS Anti-skid" deactivation in order to ensure that all is deactivated

2) I put my gear to M

3) with the tiptronic ( shift in the gear that I want/need accordingly to the terrain...

keep in mind that for big climb you most likely need to keep shifting the gears....

I hope this helps...