•  

COVID19 Compliant - Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 11 Jun 2021

Chaitanya D

Join us to explore Al Qudra Desert to find what's beyond Qudra lakes

And learn the art of offroading in a versatile playground for your first off-road adventure.

You will learn to self-drive your vehicle from experts having decades of off-roading experience in the UAE. This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridges to practice your off-road skills slowly but surely.

1954118890_ANdrive4june2021sm.jpg.00fc946608942e1bc321ce408734ee8b.jpg

Drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicles having

• 8-10 inches of ground clearance and (MANDATORY)
  • Front and rear tow hooks (MANDATORY)

What you'll learn:

• Introduction to off-roading.
  • Desert driving basics and etiquette.
  • Desert driving tips, techniques, myth and best practices.
  • Off-road and safety gear familiarization and recovery procedures.
  • Vehicle orientation, risk analysis, deflation and outdoor safety advice.

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience?
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets.

Why should I join?

• We will teach you how to self-drive off-road safely and learn the best offroad driving and recovery techniques.
  • If you have already driven in sand before then you can learn more from experts having decades of offroading experience in the UAE.
  • This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridge to test your off-road control.

Can my vehicle do this ?

• This drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicle having 8-10 inches of ground clearance and front and rear tow hooks. If in doubt please first announce your questions on the drive thread so we can advise you further.
  • Any stock 4x4/4WD are most welcome, you don't need any vehicle modifications.

Can I bring passengers ?

• Yes of course, but if you are absolute new to offroading it is better to drive alone first to avoid any distractions.

Learn More About: Carnity Off-road Club

Join button.jpg

STRICTLY: For ABSOLUTE NEWBIE who are driving for the first time with Carnity.

MUST READ AND CLICK TOTALLY AGREE ON THE BELOW COVID19 PRECAUTIONS TOPIC

Join button.jpg

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Drive Details

Level:  Only for "ABSOLUTE NEWBIES" or first timer with Carnity Off-Road Club

When:  11 June 2021, Friday.

Meeting time: 05:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting  Point: https://goo.gl/maps/ts6DHLks7YaSzo8L6

GPS Coordinate: 24°49'07.9"N   55°15'19.5"E

Type of Car: Any 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Tire deflator, pressure gauge and compressor, Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 09:00 AM

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 new members only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 5PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers or members who are not on the RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please cancel you RSVP if you cannot make it, so your spot can be taken by others.

Join button.jpg

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW EVENT IN THE EVENT CALENDAR  

• Like (+1) 2

• Gaurav changed the title to COVID19 Compliant - Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 11 Jun 2021
On 6/5/2021 at 2:36 PM, Chaitanya D said:

Join us to explore Al Qudra Desert to find what's beyond Qudra lakes

And learn the art of offroading in a versatile playground for your first off-road adventure.

You will learn to self-drive your vehicle from experts having decades of off-roading experience in the UAE. This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridges to practice your off-road skills slowly but surely.

1954118890_ANdrive4june2021sm.jpg.00fc946608942e1bc321ce408734ee8b.jpg

Drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicles having

• 8-10 inches of ground clearance and (MANDATORY)
  • Front and rear tow hooks (MANDATORY)

What you'll learn:

• Introduction to off-roading.
  • Desert driving basics and etiquette.
  • Desert driving tips, techniques, myth and best practices.
  • Off-road and safety gear familiarization and recovery procedures.
  • Vehicle orientation, risk analysis, deflation and outdoor safety advice.

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience?
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets.

Why should I join?

• We will teach you how to self-drive off-road safely and learn the best offroad driving and recovery techniques.
  • If you have already driven in sand before then you can learn more from experts having decades of offroading experience in the UAE.
  • This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridge to test your off-road control.

Can my vehicle do this ?

• This drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicle having 8-10 inches of ground clearance and front and rear tow hooks. If in doubt please first announce your questions on the drive thread so we can advise you further.
  • Any stock 4x4/4WD are most welcome, you don't need any vehicle modifications.

Can I bring passengers ?

• Yes of course, but if you are absolute new to offroading it is better to drive alone first to avoid any distractions.

Learn More About: Carnity Off-road Club

Join button.jpg

STRICTLY: For ABSOLUTE NEWBIE who are driving for the first time with Carnity.

MUST READ AND CLICK TOTALLY AGREE ON THE BELOW COVID19 PRECAUTIONS TOPIC

Join button.jpg

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Drive Details

Level:  Only for "ABSOLUTE NEWBIES" or first timer with Carnity Off-Road Club

When:  11 June 2021, Friday.

Meeting time: 05:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting  Point: https://goo.gl/maps/ts6DHLks7YaSzo8L6

GPS Coordinate: 24°49'07.9"N   55°15'19.5"E

Type of Car: Any 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Tire deflator, pressure gauge and compressor, Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 09:00 AM

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 new members only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 5PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers or members who are not on the RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please cancel you RSVP if you cannot make it, so your spot can be taken by others.

Join button.jpg

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW EVENT IN THE EVENT CALENDAR  

Here you go @hasan hamadeh, welcome to @Carnity group, and the first Absolute Newbie drive. i can see you full of enthusiasm and love for driving in the desert. However, all will happen in a safe manner. I am confident you will love off road drive, and you will be mastering it, much more than ever. Look forward to see you growing with @Carnity

• Like (+1) 2

@Naveen Raj I see you have already done your first Absolute Newbie drive with @Frederic in Sweihan.

This drive is exclusively for members driving for first time with Carnity. Please remove your RSVP and join other Newbie drives planned this weekend. Drive RSVP opens at 7 pm sunday, I hope you are enrolled in the whatsapp notification group. If not join here as below

Carnity Drive Notification - Discussions - Carnity.com

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Chaitanya D said:

@Naveen Raj I see you have already done your first Absolute Newbie drive with @Frederic in Sweihan.

This drive is exclusively for members driving for first time with Carnity. Please remove your RSVP and join other Newbie drives planned this weekend. Drive RSVP opens at 7 pm sunday, I hope you are enrolled in the whatsapp notification group. If not join here as below

4 minutes ago, Chaitanya D said:

@Chaitanya Dthanks for sending me the WhatsApp link, I think i joined this drive by mistake.

• Like (+1) 2

Welcome to Carnity Off-Road Club  dear friends

@hasan hamadeh @arjumand @Haris Javed @Clay Neddo 

@sachin suvarna @Simon Ducos @Roy Armale @Marwan Haddad

@Vikas Bhatia @Roy Dsouza

In preparation for this drive, it is important that you inform us if:

• you have any prior off-road experience
  • your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets in good working condition.

Before the drive, you will need to have viewed the introductory video (link above) and to have gone through the COVID19 precautions and agreed by clicking on the "totally agree" emoji at the bottom of the text in the following link : 

Please also make sure you are equipped with a tire deflator and a tire pressure gauge (sometimes they are all in one tool). You will need these. If you have an off-road flag as well that would be great. In case you do not have a flag mount on your car, you may look for a flag with suction cups, which can be easily placed on one of the rear windows. If you have your own air compressor, please bring it along. All these items should be available at any ACE or Speedex store, as well as at Dragon Mart.    More information below

Essential Off-Road Gear - Off-road - Carnity.com

A radio is preferable to have, if not we will provide you with a spare radio - this is only for the first absolute newbie drive. You might as well get one if you wish - Baofeng UV5R from dragon mart online is bang for the bucks you pay. More information on programming the channels below

Carnity Two-Way Radio Frequencies - Off-road - Carnity.com

Regarding the area of the drive, we will access the desert from a less used entry point, along the road going from Qudra Parking (where you can use the ADNOC gas station to fill up your tank), toward the Bab al Shams Resort. Follow carefully the Google Maps directions: once you turn off the tarmac road (after circling a roundabout next to a mosque), you will cross an opening through roadworks being done along the bike track. Once arrived at the meeting point, we'll conduct a final inspection of your cars (sufficient clearance and accessible tow points are a must). Following a technical briefing, we'll be ready to enter the dunes, and start your off-roading adventure. This area is rarely used by other clubs, and the sand is much cleaner and smoother, so this is an ideal ground to move your first steps in the desert.

For further questions, please contact me on this thread by tagging me as @Chaitanya D. We will have @Lorenzo Candelpergher along with me helping/guiding you on your first adventure in the sands.

In the meantime, have a great week!

• Well Done (+2) 1

Dear Friends 

@hasan hamadeh @arjumand @Haris Javed @Clay Neddo 

@sachin suvarna @Simon Ducos 

Please respond to the above post, we need this information for planning this drive accordingly.

Most important being  that you inform us if:

• you have any prior off-road experience
  • your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets in good working condition.

Thanks

• Like (+1) 2

Hi Everyone

I've been off-road into the wadis and a couple of times into the desert, but please don't consider "experience" since I was with other beginners and might need to unlearn a lot of it.

Saw the video, Totally Agreed to the COVID post, have clearance, recovery points, deflator, compressor, off road flag, and radio.

See you there.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use