•  

COVID19 Compliant - Mid-week Night Fewbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock under the Waning Crescent Moon - Sharjah - 7 Jun 2021

12 hours ago, Jack Thomas said:

@Lorenzo Candelpergher that's great! I just took my truck for a check up at the garage today. So will go collect tomorrow lunchtime and we will be good to go.

@Lorenzo Candelpergher my mechanic got back to me today, the engine compression is too low for me to go off road today. So I won't be able to make it today. It will take him a couple of days to correct. My air filter was full of sand and concerned there is some in the engine, so I don't wish to risk it today.

Have a great drive and se enough all soon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 4

1 minute ago, GauravSoni said:

@Lorenzo Candelpergher just noticed that the posts location is Tawi Nazwa while in the description we are looking to start from 2nd December cafe! Please confirm! 

2nd December Cafeteria! Thanks for noticing. Will fix it now

• Like (+1) 3

Dear Desert Wanderers, 

this RSVP is now closed.

Please find below the convoy order for our drive:

image.png.92ff41dc62a480176068ed27aa17e38b.png

@Thomas Varghese, @PaoloMaraziti, @Russ, @Werno, @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil, @Shaaz Sha, @Darren Brooke, @Lakshmi Narasimhan, @Danish Mohammad, @M.Seidam, @Chaitanya D this drive is going fun and relatively easy from a technical point of view, but, being at night, with relatively unusual and more challenging visibility conditions, it will require your full and undivided concentration at every step, so make sure you come well rested and hydrated and that and you don’t have any reason for being distracted.

We will be using Carnity Channel 4 (446.08125Mhz).

Kindly notice that the meeting point was originally indicated by mistake in Tawi, but it is in fact at 2nd December Cafeteria as per the updated link (which is now correct in both drive post and drive event): https://goo.gl/maps/gki53oHcaxckD8v97   

Also be mindful of the fact that, due to the more frequent presence of scorpions and snakes at night, it is highly recommended to wear long trousers and closed shoes.

See you later, ready to go (i.e. already, deflated, flagged and briefed) by no later 7:00pm (sharp), so make sure you make it to the meeting point at least by 6:45pm.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

31 minutes ago, Russ said:

Hi @Lorenzo Candelpergher, you have the wrong car listed for me again, not sure if it makes any difference to your convoy ordering (I have a Raptor not a Pajero) Thanks and see you later!

Sorry!!! Fixed. No changes.

39 minutes ago, GauravSoni said:

@Lorenzo Candelpergher you have missed out on my convoy number! 

You are in "mistery" position. Ahahah, just kidding. I fixed the convoy list, somehow your line had been canceled by mistake.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Lorenzo Candelpergher said:

Also be mindful of the fact that, due to the more frequent presence of scorpions and snakes at night, it is highly recommended to wear long trousers and closed shoes

Thank you indeed for this important notion that might be overlooked even to the most vigilant one of us  👍 I would like to add to use the torch while outdoor from vehicle 

Edited by M.Seidam
  • Like (+1) 4

Important Information

Terms of use