•  

COVID19 compliant - Afternoon Newbie Desert drive - Fossil Rock - Sharjah - 11 Jun 2021

sorry @Foxtrot Oscar i have to drop as i just found a damage in the front right tire after our drive  and will need to fix 

hopefully someone can join and enjoy .... many thanks for today amazing experience 

• Sad (0) 1

1 hour ago, Melenany said:

sorry @Foxtrot Oscar i have to drop as i just found a damage in the front right tire after our drive  and will need to fix 

hopefully someone can join and enjoy .... many thanks for today amazing experience 

Hope it's an easy fix

• Like (+1) 1

Thank you @Foxtrot Oscar for a wonderful evening drive. The choice of the area was superb and I must say that the convoy had enough bowls and sideys to play around and a perfect sunset view from the top of the fossil rock..👏👏 enjoyed it. We had a very strong convoy today and every one did amazing. Being the CF, I had nothing to do other than enjoying the drive. well done guys. Thanks to @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQfor the sweep and see you soon in the sand.

• Well Done (+2) 2

Drive report 

It had been 8 months since I last ventured into the magnificent dunes around Mahafiz and Fossil Rock. Which, if truth be told, is shameful on my part as these sands have absolutely everything, including heavy traffic. However, a Friday afternoon in the blazing sun is not for everyone and so it proved to be as we saw just one other convoy in the 30+km we covered. We started off at the tree shade and headed out into the sands in a timely fashion and headed down the track. I tried to pick a route that was as vegetation free as possible in order to reach our first play area.

Once we had reached our destination the convoy took it in turns to gently navigate the challenge. My jaw was on the floor as each and every member took it in their stride with barely an issue. In fact we only had one refusal but the challenge was completed at the second attempt.

And so it was to be for the entire trip, we tackled no fewer than 11 (eleven) slopes and bowls, sweeping up, down and along them with the entire convoy absolutely smashing it! It was such a beautiful sight to see so many newbie drivers in control of their vehicles and mastering the basics of offroading.

As we neared the foot of the mighty rock we encountered some congestion from a couple of kamikaze yahoos but the back of the convoy held firm and managed that situation , with @Shaaz Sha rerouting them away from any possible danger.

And one by one we climbed, with not a single refusal, to the top of the rock! Incredible! I don’t think I have ever been with a convoy that hasn’t had a least one refusal climbing to the top of Fossil Rock. I shouldn’t have been surprised given everything this brilliant convoy had demonstrated earlier in the drive.  We didn’t take the steep route down, mainly due to the presence of the yahoos, I didn’t trust then not to come flying down behind someone, but we did sweep around and made our way to the exit point.

@Glenn Waters- you handle your Montero extremely well, you had an absolutely flawless drive. Great job.

@James Thorn – The lift and wheel change has certainly helped you get the most our of your Lexus, I think you had just one refusal but smashed it at the second attempt. Really nice driving today, I’m enjoying watching you progress. Well done!

@OSKAR MALISZEWSKI – Wow! Your first Newbie and you absolutely smashed it! Looking forward to driving with you again soon.

@Saddaquat Tanvir – Just a couple of refusals that you self-recovered from with aplomb, no drama! Really nice driving well done.

@Charbel Yazbeck – My word , when I think back to the first drive I had with you and then look at you now. You’ve really started to get a hold of your car and your progress is fantastic. Keep it up, you’re driving really well.

@TT_Dubai – Tim, flawless, nuff said!

@WaYan – Great drive, in total control and always ready to steer down when needed. That is the mark of a good off-roader. Looking forward to our next drive.

Huge thanks to @Ammar Naji who once again delivered a masterclass on how to be the perfect 2nd lead. 2nd lead is an incredibly important task at Newbie level,  I can’t thank you enough, you leave enough space and allow me to check routes to ensure it is passable for all members of the convoy and follow my instructions to the letter . Great job. P.s you also had a great drive today .well done

Further thanks to the support team of @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ and @Shaaz Sha, I don’t think you've ever had such a quiet day haha, not a shovel or a rope required the entire trip and it’s not as if I didn’t challenge the convoy. Still it was great to know you were there and great re routing from @Shaaz Sha to avoid potential danger from the kamikaze two. P.S @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQwhen do I get to lead Rafay? @Abdul Rafay-S😝

Thank you to each and every one of you for communicating well, listening to and following instruction and driving so well. It was a pleasure to lead you all.  I had so much fun!

Until our next adventure
😊

fossil.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use