•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Chased by the Sun: Murqaab to Solar Park - Dubai - 11 Jun 2021

Good morning @Adhir Saxena. I have seen that you have signed up for both this drive and @Islam Soliman's drive on Saturday morning. As you may know, according to Club's policy, until Wednesday morning members are only allowed to sign up for 1 drive (second drives will be permitted from Wednesday, to allow all  members to find a slot). Can you please choose either drive as your preferred first drive, so that we can confirm you, and waitlist you for the second choice? You will then be able to access the second drive of your choice from this Wednesday. 

Thanks a lot for letting us know.

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Adhir Saxena said:

@Ale Vallecchi -apologies for that. I will sign out and WL myself on islam’s drive

Copy that @Adhir Saxena. Looking forward to seeing you on Friday.

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Desertnauts.

To update you on the upcoming drive, this Friday morning, I wish to share with you why this is one of my favorite itineraries. It will cover quite an extensive area, with different features, presenting diverse and (potentially) incremental challenges.

Murqaab is a borderline location, where the sand turns from the red hues, typical of Badayer/Tazi Nazwa, toward the white blinding tones of Qudra's dunes, becoming progressively lighter in color as we move in a East-West direction (being chased by the sun). The vegetation will also go from quite abundant, near the start, to almost absent toward the middle of the drive (on Lisaili's plateau), then denser, again, getting closer to Solar Park. There may be encounters with camels, almost throughout the drive, often grazing freely, but occasionally walking in a caravan, while being taken out to pasture.

The drive can be technically challenging, offering a degree of dune's types, ranging from tall and open, to tall but closed (lined up in canyons that we'll have to drive along), as well as low and technical (packed together in unorganized clusters) or long and more easily ridable.

Given the abundance of Fewbie and Intermediate members having joined the drive, and with the great support provided by our Seniors managing the drive with me, I am playing with the idea of organizing the convoy in an unconventional way: either alternating each higher rank driver with a Newbie (making it almost a 1-on-1 tutoring drive), or creating small convoys within the convoy, each group of cars led by a Senior member, and 3 to 5 junior drivers following the more experienced off-roader. Of course we will all drive together, but we'll surely find a way of making the drive interesting and educational.

At this point, I welcome @Paolo Pellegrini, @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil, @Pierre de Maigret, @varunmehndiratta, @Adhir Saxena, @Naim Aoun, @Gregory, @Alfred Alinazar, @Abdul Rafay-S, @Joseph Sebastian, @Luc Khaldoun, @Richard Franks, @Veedooshee, @Mukundan Nair and @Yousef Alimadadi to the drive. 

Looking forward to seeing you on Friday, I'll share more news by Thursday evening. Have a great week.

1 hour ago, shu yang said:

Kindly waitlist me 

Hello @shu yang. You will be #3 on the WL. Thanks a lot.

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, Richard Franks said:

@Ale Vallecchi

with great regret I must withdraw due to unforeseen work commitments. Sounds like a great drive and I hope you all enjoy. I will change my RSVP

Hi @Richard Franks. Thanks for informing me. See you next time.

57 minutes ago, Ivan Pironi said:

@Ale Vallecchi Am I in now? :) 

Yes @Ivan Pironi, you are now in the drive. See you on Friday.

Important Information

Terms of use