•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Chased by the Sun: Murqaab to Solar Park - Dubai - 11 Jun 2021

The drive after the drive was the drive. It was one of the most enjoyable drive I had till date. Thank you @Ale Vallecchi for the lead. Thank you @Yousef Alimadadi, @Anish S, @Veedooshee, @Kalahari, @Mukundan Nair & @Vanessa8580 for the fantastic drive. I have never driven with drivers executing such precision and excellence throughout the drive. The radio was silent most part and the convoy was moving with such military discipline. Like a raid party going on a mission. Never once the pace increased nor decreased. Never once the convoy stopped. Just kept on driving and driving. The convoy kept moving and moving and moving. But every good thing ends. Our drive also ended. Drove back home with the hang over of that fantastic drive. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

I have completed more than 6 months with Carnity today and one thing has always stayed - if you want to RSVP a @Ale Vallecchi drive - , you need to have fingers that move fast (faster than the change in terrain his drive offers) - and if your fingers are slow, don't worry @Ale Vallecchi in any case will make the drive better by adding a new zing to it while accommodating all interested..    So the moment I signed up I knew it's going to be fun and so it was - the structured provided challanges for all - expanding the driving skills of newbies and Fewbies while leadership and recovery skills of intermediate peers. Thanks Ale for the wonderful idea and ofcourse this can only be executed due to ever enthusiastic support from  @Carnity team and seniors

A bit on drive report for convoy 2 from the SL perspective...- on this beautiful weekend morning we started at around 5:25 with @Yousef Alimadadi in the lead and guiding spirit plus enthusiasm of @Vanessa8580 to back us up at sweep. Within first 20 min i knew my role as Second lead is going to be fun today as distance between me and convoy kept on increasing and the need for bridging the gap between @Yousef Alimadadi Challenge Everything spirit and convoy's new fewbie cautiousness was very apparent. We had multiple refusals within first one hour as the convoy struggled with  pace and eventually Pierre had his first stuck - a case which ideally could have been self recovered using Blip Blip technique however early high revs had led to too much digging in of vehicle and with heat we gave up after a bit of shoveling. @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil nicely tugged him out using the shiny red rope and terrain ensured Alain used his rope multiple times through the drive, including when he himself got crested on smallest of dune and had to be tugged out.

As the convoy rerouted out of the zone, we entered a beautiful tech area with closely placed dunes...convoy having warmed up sailed through it.. From my rear view mirror i could see both @Pierre de Maigret and  @Adhir Saxena enjoying the drive. We had a few minor refusals and some rerouting to avoid churned up sand on the way untill a soft sand slope tested Adhir leading to a stuck at softest of steep slope...it was really a sight to see him self recover out of it..we rerouted again as the area was too tricky and were back again to the adventure..

Almost half an hour before exit, Yousef landed in a tricky pocket and few secs that i took to realize that he is trying to find his way out on the other side of dune, I was already on top of the dune and sudden brake meant I was Royally crested....ensuring that mine and Yousef saga of crests isn't jinxed .😃

Overall it was an awesome drive with beautiful oryxs and camels at sight and a nice bunch of enthusiastic drivers led by a superb adrenaline junkie in Yousef and make it all fun Vanessa at lead. Terrain with tech dune some steep slopes a bit of ridge riding offered a good test for Fewbies. 

Personally the amount of time my shovel was in use through this drive is more than the cumulative sum of its usage over last 6 months..😃 Watching and guiding newbie/Fewbies friends as they moved through some tricky patches provided a feeling of DejaVu as i (and I am sure most peers) went through the same learning cycle with Carnity ..Overall everyone did well and as i could assess very well gained confidence through the course of this drive. 

I just focussed in my report on couple of drivers as from second lead position it's not fair to assess the rest...i leave it to Vanessa, Kalahari and other seniors to share their thoughts. 

Thanks all for the fun day and special thanks to Ale, Vanessa and Yousef for leading us through it. 

Edited by varunmehndiratta
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use