•  
Advertise here

Kill Switches for ABS and Airbag

Christopher Assal

12 hours ago, Serafino said:

In my first ever ride with other group I was advised to remove the fuse.
This was the most wrong thing I ever did. For sure my car got stuck. And since there is no fuse, the computer lost some information about what is going on.
It ended up no traction. And lost the 4 wheel. So it was only 2 wheel working. With even an alarm saying 4wheel service. So the car was saying bad words to me.

I drive a JKU2015, and i always pull out the J6 fuse, to disable ABS and TC. (Pull out and re-install fuse only when engine if off and key is out of the keyhole)

Completed 15 drives with Carnity and no issues at all.

Not sure, about JL, maybe due to different electronics.

Lot of JL owners in the group, tagging some of them @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil, @varunmehndiratta, @Goutam

11 minutes ago, Sunil Mathew said:

I drive a JKU2015, and i always pull out the J6 fuse, to disable ABS and TC. (Pull out and re-install fuse only when engine if off and key is out of the keyhole)

Completed 15 drives with Carnity and no issues at all.

Not sure, about JL, maybe due to different electronics.

Lot of JL owners in the group, tagging some of them @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil, @varunmehndiratta, @Goutam

TC in JL has a switch works good for ESC, TC off...for ABS i have never disconnected, i know @Ilyaremoves the fuse for that...can share his thoughts 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Luc Khaldoun said:

Thank you Lawrence, this is very helpful. 

It did cost AED 500 to install. Obviously, given the end result, 500 too much. 

It is indeed too much, if not mistaken he Connected it to the brake fluid container not to the fuse box?

5 hours ago, Sunil Mathew said:

Pull out and re-install fuse only when engine if off and key is out of the keyhole)

This is the trick that every one is forgetting maybe do it or simply unaware of it and what I always try to point it out . 👍

12 hours ago, M.Seidam said:

Finally in either way the sequence how to operate it is extremely important. 
car off , keys out from ignition , fuse pull out or kill switch on , key in , ignition, switch on and the reverse sequence in the reverse order . If happens and you plug the fuse in or you press the kill switch off while the ignition is on then here where comes the mess and disorder

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use