•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Shuwaib - Sharjah - 18 Jun 2021

Srikumar

Drive RSVP has closed

Convoy No. 1 : Lead - Srikumar (Carnity Radio Channel 3)

1. Srikumar

2. Rizwanm2

3. Gok Krish

4. Goutam

5. Javier Lucero

6. Kailas

7. Rob H

8. Hisham

Convoy No. 2 : Lead - Islam (Carnity Radio Channel 4)

1. Islam

2. Mario Cornejo

3. varunmehndiratta

4. Dodi

5. Marks Sorial

6. Abu Muhammad

7. Nabil

See you all tomorrow morning at 4:45 AM sharp. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Gents sorry I will have to drop from the drive, was expecting to get my bumper fixed today but the parts (rear skid plate)aren't ready yet.

My bumper looks terrible.

E2B0C197-D1D3-4F9B-B8D4-80980C380502.jpeg

• Sad (0) 3

Convoy 1 : Trip Report

After our quick morning greetings, at the break of dawn, Convoy 1 and 2 departed towards the huge bowls and dunes that Shuwaib has to offer.

As we started scaling the first set of dunes, we heard the message on the radio that Rob's beast had a nose dive in one of the pockets. The impact seemed to have disturbed all the sensors along with a bit of bumper damage. After resetting the computer the sensors seemed to have been working properly as he was driving for next hour or so at a brisk pace through all the bowls and hills.

As we reached approx the half way mark to Iftar Bowl, we reached a massive bowl which was begging to be ridden on. With the fantastic set of drivers and cars I took the adventurous route of exiting the bowl by crisscrossing on the top of the dune on to the other side. As all the cars were making it through, it brought a smile to my face till we saw Rob's car getting stuck on the slip face. It took a while for us to realise that his car had stalled and after a few moments of stalling the side airbags were deployed. It was the first time I have seen the side airbags getting deployed in a Japanese car. Probably the fact that it was a US Spec car could explain the cause. It again showed that regardless of the brand or origin of the car, it's best that the side airbags are always deactivated especially on higher level drives.

With the seat belt tensioner also gone it was felt best that we exited Rob. It was a day where things didn't go exactly as per plan.

As the weather was still bearable, the entire convoy felt that we could spend another hour in the desert. So we reentered at Super Bowl and we spent the next hour of one of the most intense fast paced drives that I have been a part of. As I kept pushing the pace, climbing higher the convoy responded beautifully in perfect sync.

Among the chaos of multiple convoys in that area we found an opening that provided a smooth momentum to the top of both Super Bowl and later Iftar Bowl. It felt like all the other convoys had come to a standstill while our convoy was making an attempt.

Brilliant driving by everyone @Rizwanm2 @Gok Krish @Goutam @Rob H @Hisham Masaad @Kailas Thank you for participating in this drive which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Hope to catch up with you guys soon on another fast paced IM drive. Till then take care.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

There is no doubt @Srikumarthe drive was the most exciting one since joining @Carnity(as explained by abdelghani my son) we have enjoyed the area And the pace, as well as the level of convoy , where all showed their capabilites. Thank you again and all joined. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use