•  

COVID19 Compliant - Evening/Night Twilight Newbie Desert Drive: Lisaili - Al Qudra - 18 Jun 2021

Wrangeld

On 6/12/2021 at 4:03 PM, Wrangeld said:

Hi, This will be my first Off-Road trip. can someone share me the google coordinates of our Starting point.

17 minutes ago, Yogesh Kumar said:

Hi, This will be my first Off-Road trip. can someone share me the google coordinates of our Starting point.

Hi Yogesh, 

If this is your first trip with Carnity, you need to make that an absolute newbie. This is the link for that drive. 

ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 18 June 2021 - Events Calendar - Carnity.com

Please can you remove your RSVP for this drive and sign in with @vanessa8580

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Anand Nataraj said:

Hi @Wrangeld! Could you please add me under manage tab for this drive.

Will do. 

Dear DesertnautsUAE, 

Normally I would by now have posted quite a few comments about what to expect on this drive, but it's just been one of those weeks where time slipped away and I did not find the time to explain the plan for Friday. 

As advertised, this drive is for the people that do not want to get up at the crack of dawn and don't want to be driving into the middle of the night. Well that was my plan until it transpired I am supporting a morning drive as well!

Anyhow, what's the idea? It's a newbie drive - so nothing extreme. Starting anywhere in Lisaili does mean that there will be a little bit of technical complexity at the start of the drive. That's unavoidable. As most people that know me know I love the technical dunes, so in fact the challenge for me will be that I am having to keep the convoy out of the most challenging areas, while still giving everyone a taste for these dunes. 

We will then get the chance to enjoy some amazing wide, relatively high and swooping dunes all the way into the Al Qudra area. Depending on how the convoy is performing and the time we might try to detour round the side of Qudra (where most people camp) and make our way to Last Exit - but let's not set up any expectations yet. 

The drive will take in sunset and we will be driving at night. So be prepared for the completely different experience of night driving. I warn you that the experience can be disconcerting the first time out (and the second and third), made all the more challenging because the sand is very very soft late in the evening because it spent the whole day baking under the sun. It's also hot. We will start in temperatures around 45C and it probably will not go much below 40C the whole drive. 

Below is my proposed convoy as things stand at 3pm on Thursday - but who knows what will happen until we leave on Friday!

@Christopher Assal @rajeshkumar rathod @Abdul Rafay-S @Lakshmi Narasimhan @Mohamed Samaco @Anand Nataraj @Glenn Waters @arjumand @Gaurav Soni @shu yang @Haris Javed @Janarthan

image.png.91d3f2a3a965dd5c3cd17420622b6a2c.png

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Very excited and can’t wait! Looking forward to driving with you all and maybe visiting spicy market as I had my eye on it a few times now and as a chef was very curious 😂👨🏽‍🍳

See your all in the sand , just curious are we meeting directly in front of the Fort @Wrangeld unless I made an error I didn’t see a pin location.

Thanks

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Christopher Assal said:

Very excited and can’t wait! Looking forward to driving with you all and maybe visiting spicy market as I had my eye on it a few times now and as a chef was very curious 😂👨🏽‍🍳

See your all in the sand , just curious are we meeting directly in front of the Fort @Wrangeld unless I made an error I didn’t see a pin location.

Thanks

I added a location. In front of Lisali fort :-)

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use