•  

Which Air Compressor to Buy?

Super Safari Girl

I have the same (camel) twin compressor as @Tareck I bought it at DM for around AED 240 if I remember correctly. Inflates my tires from 13PSI to 34PSI in around a minute - but it does get very hot, especially if I'm on a day drive and the compressor is in the sun. As I paid only AED 240, I won't feel very sad when it stops one day.. melts or blows up - and then would like to upgrade to something like @Anish S has. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

1 hour ago, Gregory said:

I have the same (camel) twin compressor as @Tareck I bought it at DM for around AED 240 if I remember correctly. Inflates my tires from 13PSI to 34PSI in around a minute - but it does get very hot, especially if I'm on a day drive and the compressor is in the sun. As I paid only AED 240, I won't feel very sad when it stops one day.. melts or blows up - and then would like to upgrade to something like @Anish S has. 

If your hoses and cable are long enough, try to put the compressor on your seat. There will be less risk of dust getting inside and it will run cooler as well.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Hi @Super Safari Girl, after starting out with a TJM single compressor I quickly realised that it wasn’t up to the job - took too long and cut out in summer temperatures before I had reached ideal pressure…I decided to install an on-board ARB twin compressor and together with a 4-in-1 hose system it’s a complete game changer! A process that previously took the best part of 30 minutes is now done in less than 10…not cheap but definitely worth it..

Edited by Russ
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Russ thanks for the input. ARB seems like the consensus. I’d rather invest in something once rather than get the wrong things and waste money. 

@topgear I looked up Mean Mother (love the name 🤣) because a few of you mentioned it, but it seems hard to find in Dubai. 

• Totally Agree (+2) 2

41 minutes ago, topgear said:

@Super Safari Girl just google "Mean Mother Air Compressor - High Output 160LPM dubai" and you may get some leads

There is a shop in AL Qusais it is readily available, an internet search as mentioned will give you the address and details.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 6/12/2021 at 10:37 PM, Thomas Varghese said:

@Shaaz Sha has bought a new 4 cylinder compressor which can inflate all 4 tires under a minute or two. It has double outlets for inflating and its sort of semi automatic. I don't know the brand name but as per @Frederic it has some great reviews in the internet. Cost is around 600 AED. 

Important Information

Terms of use