•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Khatam - Sharjah - 18 Jun 2021

Brette

No Rope Newbie Drive😉

Just another enjoyable drive and cheers to our excellent newbie convoy today👍. The fact that the rope was not taken out today goes a long way to say how great you guys were today. 

Khatam is the area where we started our drive today and as it is, the soft sand did give some challenges which were the cause of some minor refusals, but overall was superbly handled by our newbie convoy today. We then headed to our first play area and everybody practiced those sides really nicely ,under the meticulous supervision of our Lead @Brette.

It was indeed a great route that we were taken through by our fantastic lead which required the team to do some good maneuvering and get the proper momentum to go through the soft patches. I hope everybody had quite some fun at the different play areas. 

At the Faya area, it was really great to see how everybody wanted to practice the sideys and perfect their climb more and more and all the enthusiasm and improvement were already being noticed on the later attempts of the Faya climb.

@Ammar Naji great second lead, well implemented the instructions given by the lead and impressive climb at the Faya area.

@Clay Neddo, @Simon Ducos and @Roy Armale, very well done for your first newbie drives.

@Paolo Pellegrini this is our third drive in a row together and buddy, you are just doing great👍 (Looks like you really getting hold of the Pajero☺️)

@Alfred Alinazar you did very well today, keep it up.

@Abdul Rafay-S, @Yawa, @Sunil Mathew, all our yellow jeep wrangler boys, very well done specially with the even more churned up sand at the back, you guys did a nice job.

@Luc Khaldoun, I think every drive you getting to know your car better and it is really showing on your seaman style of driving..(am also getting to learn a few things about how your car works😃).

@James Thorn I did not hear from you which is indeed a good sign that you did great on the drive.

And finally thanks very much to our flawless sweep @M.Seidam, it is always a pleasure to be driving with you. Great teamwork 🙌.

Have a great weekend...see you all soon in the sand...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Thanks a lot for the drive lead @Brette and for the great advice throughout @M.Seidam.

@Veedooshee thank you for the report, but mostly for the support when I was stuck the many times and for everyone's patience while it happened!

Learned a lot on this drive, including what "not" to do on etiquette from our uninvited guests on the ride, as well as a lot about my car and the clutch/power situation at lower speeds. @Brette can you remind me who are the manual (stick shift) wrangler drivers so that I mention them in the thread we talked about relating to the gearing and 4Hi Vs Low for the hill climbs?

@Clay Neddo good to see you again, @Paolo Pellegrini thanks for the patience being behind me, and @Simon Ducos I'll send you a few videos I got of you since I was chasing you.

Best,

Roy

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

As usual some pictures here. There is one panoramic not bad 

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/811-newbie-khatam-sharjah-18-jun-2021

Thank you @Brettefor the drive, the pace was not fast but some tracks not totally straighforward and some steep downhill hence a lot of fun. Great how you allowed us to play on the big dunes. @Veedooshee having you watching me so close me this time, really pushed me to do my  best to not only not getting stuck but also to drive nicely and smooth. Thank you for your constant coaching and yes I starting to love and respect my car more and more. Thank you Dr @M.Seidam for your impressive driving skills and your reassuring presence

Nice to meet new drivers and see more familiar faces.

AD MAIORA

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

40 minutes ago, Paolo Pellegrini said:

As usual some pictures here. There is one panoramic not bad 

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/811-newbie-khatam-sharjah-18-jun-2021

Thank you @Brettefor the drive, the pace was not fast but some tracks not totally straighforward and some steep downhill hence a lot of fun. Great how you allowed us to play on the big dunes. @Veedooshee having you watching me so close me this time, really pushed me to do my  best to not only not getting stuck but also to drive nicely and smooth. Thank you for your constant coaching and yes I starting to love and respect my car more and more. Thank you Dr @M.Seidam for your impressive driving skills and your reassuring presence

Nice to meet new drivers and see more familiar faces.

AD MAIORA

☺️👍

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Veedooshee said:

No Rope Newbie Drive😉

Just another enjoyable drive and cheers to our excellent newbie convoy today👍. The fact that the rope was not taken out today goes a long way to say how great you guys were today. 

Khatam is the area where we started our drive today and as it is, the soft sand did give some challenges which were the cause of some minor refusals, but overall was superbly handled by our newbie convoy today. We then headed to our first play area and everybody practiced those sides really nicely ,under the meticulous supervision of our Lead @Brette.

It was indeed a great route that we were taken through by our fantastic lead which required the team to do some good maneuvering and get the proper momentum to go through the soft patches. I hope everybody had quite some fun at the different play areas. 

At the Faya area, it was really great to see how everybody wanted to practice the sideys and perfect their climb more and more and all the enthusiasm and improvement were already being noticed on the later attempts of the Faya climb.

@Ammar Naji great second lead, well implemented the instructions given by the lead and impressive climb at the Faya area.

@Clay Neddo, @Simon Ducos and @Roy Armale, very well done for your first newbie drives.

@Paolo Pellegrini this is our third drive in a row together and buddy, you are just doing great👍 (Looks like you really getting hold of the Pajero☺️)

@Alfred Alinazar you did very well today, keep it up.

@Abdul Rafay-S, @Yawa, @Sunil Mathew, all our yellow jeep wrangler boys, very well done specially with the even more churned up sand at the back, you guys did a nice job.

@Luc Khaldoun, I think every drive you getting to know your car better and it is really showing on your seaman style of driving..(am also getting to learn a few things about how your car works😃).

@James Thorn I did not hear from you which is indeed a good sign that you did great on the drive.

And finally thanks very much to our flawless sweep @M.Seidam, it is always a pleasure to be driving with you. Great teamwork 🙌.

Have a great weekend...see you all soon in the sand...

Thank you @Veedoosheefor the excellent trip report. Well done.

Khatam has some nice small dunes that have patches of really soft sand in between them and negotiating that has turned out to be a bit tricky for newbies in the past but the convoy today did really well with just a few refusals. We headed first towards the Maliha play area where we did a few low sideys mainly for the first time drivers to practice a bit. Once we moved out from the play area, we found ourselves surrounded by very bushy terrain where we had to keep the pace really slow and negotiate some steep descents to get back towards the tracks. Truly impressed with the way everyone handled that area, especially @Luc Khaldoun and @James Thorn since both of you drive beasts. 

Once on the flat, we back tracked a bit to get around all the vegetation and then headed to Camel Rock and then to Faya where we spent the last 45 minutes and everyone got to practice a few sideys or climbs depending on how many drives they have already done. 

Thank you @Ammar Najifor being the perfect 2nd lead , @Veedooshee and Doc, @M.Seidam for the exceptional support and everyone else for being a great convoy. Well done everyone and look forward to driving with all of you again. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

It was another interesting drive today. Thanks @Brette for leading the team. It was my first time to climb the high dune today. Might need to try another 10 times more next time to get better 😀

@Veedooshee, thanks for the wonderful report and encouraging me to try the high dune. May need to learn more about the Pajero trick from you later.

Dr. @M.Seidam, nice to have you watching and sweeping us from the back today.

Have a nice weekend to you all. See you again on the next drives

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Dear friends 

@Brette, @Veedooshee , @Ammar Naji

@Clay Neddo, @Roy Armale , @Simon Ducos , @Paolo Pellegrini, @Alfred Alinazar, @Abdul Rafay-S , @Yawa, @Sunil Mathew, @Luc Khaldoun and @James Thorn

yesterday’s drive by all means , at least for me , was the best treat to start such a beautiful day with and it was.actually yesterday I just turned 🎂... ( still young , but not younger 🤣

I believe the various earlier feedbacks and comments has said it all and not sure if there is something more to add. 

If it wouldn’t be for the last minute two drop out , I would say this could be the largest convoy ever I drove with . Adding to that we had a variety of vehicles in size , power and colors as well 😉from the lightest 3.5/3.6 SWB/LWB  to the heaviest 5.7L LWB beasts having the later directly driving in front of me. Giving the ‘smart’ root selected by our lead and the diversity of difficulty all along from Khetem to Feya 

0BA14255-20E1-472C-ABCC-64BA2A6A753C.jpeg.be9df7307dc35cd362d5e5d2599a11f2.jpeg

I would say and especially the back cars they have managed it to perfection for this drive . In many times I had to reposition my self to have a better visual to what is coming and honestly I was impressed . One point I would like to say that it’s always the driver who harness the power no matter how huge is it. Slowly slowly you will get better and better as you know your car capabilities more and more. 

Thank you @Brette for the amazing ride and lead as well as the patient teacher inside of you. Always pleasure driving with you 

@Veedooshee truly you were the perfect playmaker , the pleasure is all mine driving with you in team Carnity . Well done and your report was super 👍🙏

@Ammar Najii drove with you several times , thanks for being a perfect second lead and bringing your Expedition to top of feya was a treat to watch 😉

All the other Fellow Drivers each by his name thank you for coming to share the passion and for me it was really my birthday gift 🎁 yesterday 🙏

Have a great weak till next time 

cheers 

P.S : pictures in Gallery and relive post above in the drive post already posted . Enjoy 😉 

Mohamed 

Edited by M.Seidam
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks a lot @Brette for leading such an amazing drive, I liked the pace and the technicality of it. Moreover, the time spent in the play areas was also amazing, I got to experiment a bit with my car.

@Veedooshee@M.Seidam, Really nice to have you guys as support, your level of experience, provision of instructions in a calm manner and handling of stucks is what really got us through the day. Thank You!

Happy Birthday Dr. @M.Seidam, Hope your special day went really well. 
Please be kind enough to accept this random picture of a camel on your car as a gift 🎁 😂😂😂.

9AE16C82-7361-4B77-939B-681E8E7B2367.jpeg.184934c1e0157a4d4071a7c1497e5bea.jpeg

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use