•  

COVID19 Compliant - Afternoon Intermediate Desert Drive - Lisaili to Sunset (Faqa's Redone) - Dubai - 16 Jun 2021

Ale Vallecchi

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: BAN POST

Two Way Radio Guidelines

• Every Off-roader brings his own radio, programmed to the frequencies described in below advice topic.
  • We will not share spare radios or program your radio on the drive. If you need assistance in programming the radio, post a topic on the Carnity website with your questions and we will help you out. 
  • Make sure your radio is fully charged. It will be your only way of communication while driving.
  • Before buying, please carefully read below advice so you are informed properly on which model / cost / shops...
  • No radio = No drive. It is an essential tool and you should make sure you bring it on every drive and learn/practice how to use it.

Drive Details

Level:  Intermediate Level and Above

When:  16 June 2021, Wednesday.

Meeting time: 4:00 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Action Plan: Following the early exit of the Faqa drive 2 weeks ago, and the later Carnity ban from Faqa's area, we are offering a sequel in a similarly complex and interesting terrain, with this sustained paced drive, tackling a mix of technical dunes (the infamous Lisaili entry sector) and a majority of long range, tall dunes, starting from the Cameldrome, first heading toward the Margham sector, then back toward Solar Park and beyond, as far as the daylight will allow us. 

Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/V1SQwxnUEXJLGh4X6

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 7:30PM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. WE WILL STARTING AND ENDING THE DRIVE AT THE SAME POINT, WHICH IS NOT CLOSE TO AN AIR LINE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMPRESSOR, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE. IF YOU ARRIVE AND HAVE NO COMPRESSOR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 Intermediates and above drivers. RSVP will close on Tuesday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR 

• Like (+1) 1

Dear @Tero Vallas, @Thomas Varghese, @GauravSoni, @Hisham Masaad, @Amir Amiri, @Rob H, @Abu Muhammad, as promised, I have reposted the drive to make up for the one we had to exit at Faqa two weeks ago. I had to pick a different area, due to Carnity's ban on Faqa's drives, yet I believe the itinerary I picked can provide similar challenges (perhaps more) than the one we had to interrupt. Please let me know if I should add you to the drive, as I had promised I would, or if you wish to do it (or not) yourselves. Thanks a lot.

• Gaurav changed the title to COVID19 Compliant - Afternoon Intermediate Desert Drive - Lisaili to Sunset (Faqa's Redone) - Dubai - 16 Jun 2021

Dear @Ale Vallecchi

i added my self but I didn’t know about the make up promise . Please feel free to adjust accordingly. 😉

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, M.Seidam said:

Dear @Ale Vallecchi

i added my self but I didn’t know about the make up promise . Please feel free to adjust accordingly. 😉

No worries @M.Seidam. The drive is open. Thanks for joining. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Dear Desertnauts.

A few updates about tomorrow's afternoon drive.

Please note that the time has been moved from my last PM drive. We will now meet a little later, at 4:00PM sharp. The sooner we start, the more time we have for the drive, which will not be a night drive.

The meeting point will be just past the Mosque, on the other side of one of the racing tracks at Lisaili. We'll move along the pylon track as long as it will be necessary to pass the camel track to their left, which runs for quite a bit. As soon as the camel track ends, we'll leave the pylon track, and enter a small but "busy" technical area, aiming for the long range dunes. We'll pick the radio channel as soon as we'll all reach the meeting point, looking for one with as few interferences as possible.

First the drive will explore the parts of Lisaili closer to Margham, roaming in a south-easterly direction, then we'll turn to the west, to drive along the plateu's cordons, for most of its length. Before reaching Solar Park, we'll hang again toward the south-east, one more time, to look at some more long range, wide dunes. If all goes well, we'll look to prolonging the drive in the Qudra area, until the sun sets. In essence, given the level of the drive's members, we'll mix a well practiced track with a couple of exploration stints.

Tomorrow's convoy order will be as follows:

@Kalahari in Second Lead,

@siddharth maheshwari at #3

@M.Seidam at #4

@Gok Krish at #5

@Islam Soliman will drive at Center Forward

@Thomas Varghese at #7

@GauravSoni at #8

@Rob H will be #9

@Ahab Shamaa is #10, and 

@Shaaz Sha will Sweep the convoy.

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow afternoon. Have a nice evening.

• Like (+1) 5

Dear @Ale Vallecchi good evening. My apologies for the last minute cancellation  due work commitment . I have to travel to Abu Dhabi tomorrow and shall be late . 

I still hope my place can be taken by someone in waitlist. 

Good luck all!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, siddharth maheshwari said:

Dear @Ale Vallecchi good evening. My apologies for the last minute cancellation  due work commitment . I have to travel to Abu Dhabi tomorrow and shall be late . 

I still hope my place can be taken by someone in waitlist. 

Good luck all!

Hi @siddharth maheshwari. Thanks for advising. See you next time. 

• Like (+1) 1

Hi @Ale Vallecchi with heavy heart I will have withdraw from the drive today. 😔Car was today for a routine check and we indentified a leaking steering box… won’t be until tomorrow that I can get my car! 
It’s always better to identify the problem while it’s in garage then in the middle of the dunes! 

• Sad (0) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use