•  

COVID19 Compliant - Afternoon Intermediate Desert Drive - Lisaili to Sunset (Faqa's Redone) - Dubai - 16 Jun 2021

Ale Vallecchi

1 minute ago, GauravSoni said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi with heavy heart I will have withdraw from the drive today. 😔Car was today for a routine check and we indentified a leaking steering box… won’t be until tomorrow that I can get my car! 
It’s always better to identify the problem while it’s in garage then in the middle of the dunes! 

Hi @GauravSoni. Copy that. Glad you caught it ontime. See you soon.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, GauravSoni said:

It’s always better to identify the problem while it’s in garage then in the middle of the dunes! 

Very true, safety first, you can catch up with another drive always!!!!

Edited by Lakshmi Narasimhan
Edit
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Great drive this afternoon through heat and soft sand . Thank you@Ale Vallecchi for the lovely track. Mix of every thing. For me it had been for a while since I stretched my legs 😄. @Kalaharilong time since we drove together I guess last time was in Qudra. The pop out today was fast in happening and in fixing. 😉 . I guess the only stuck today was mine in soft patch thanks @Gok Krishfor the gentle tug , I don’t remember when was the last time someone tugged me out 🤣 . @Islam Soliman you have been always the expert in all the drives I did with you , glad that you were with us today 🙏.  @Thomas Varghese I don’t know but from now on wards whenever I see you in any drive I will keep whispering to my X cool down and please don’t hit the 100 degrees🤣 today i didn’t want to look at the dashboard 😎.. thanks for the pictures in advance 🙏.  @Rob H probably we didn’t get the chance to catch up this time but definitely I caught the beast roaring from the back cheers bro👍 . @Ahab Shamaa your presence add a special charisma to the drive. Loved catching up after quite a while bless you brother. @Shaz Shah this is the second time in a raw we meet again what a pleasure . Thanks for watching our back today. Flawless .

the summer still blowing its heat in doses please take care drive safe and hope to see you all again soon. I enjoyed being among you fine people 🙏

cheers ✌️

BF15F629-8B49-45ED-B7EE-9ECB957CB94F.jpeg

6E3EAF3F-33FE-4AFC-B2B3-7B5349C9DF27.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Thank you @Ale Vallecchi for a nice and peaceful drive. Though it was hot ,the selection of the terrain was superb and didn't create much of an issue for the cars. we had a powerful convoy and everyone did amazing. thanks to @Islam Soliman and @M.Seidam for your efforts in fixing the pop out. Thanks to @Kalahari, @Gok Krish, @Thomas Varghese, @Rob H, @Ahab Shamaa for the drive and see you soon. 

IMG_20210616_180434~2.jpg

IMG_20210616_180526~2.jpg

IMG_20210616_180539~2.jpg

IMG_20210616_180542~2.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Lisaili to Sunset - Drive Report

"Let the beauty of what you love be what you do" - Rumi

When a bunch of guys from all walks of life show up in the middle of a torrid afternoon, and start toiling around their cars, getting them ready for the task ahead, each person burning not only from the scorching sun, but mostly with the desire to set off on the sandy track, clearly they are letting the beauty of what they love become what they do. The love for the desert is reflected in the enthusiasm with which every person throws away his everyday lifestyle, to simply become a passionate off-roader, each unique with his own combination of car and driving style, yet united within the convoy by the thrill of a fast paced desert drive.

Truly, his drive turned out much more exciting that I had made it out to be. What was meant to be a loosely defined itinerary across Lisaili, toward Solar Park and Qudra, actually became an exploration drive entirely dedicated to Lisaili, diverging from previous tracks in 3 different areas, to explore the width, more then the length, of this plateau. 

After the usual approach along the pylon track, we went into the long range dunes, first heading toward Margham, to reach an area of sabkhas, alternated with low, very long dunes. From here we returned toward the center of Lisaili's plateau, remaining on top of its tall dunes, staying away from the strings of farms close to the pylon road (which function, usually, as middle points between the start and Solar Park): this middle section of Lisaili offers a beautifully landscaped technical area, centered around a large number of Ghaf trees, constituting almost a desert garden. Finally, after a short drive toward the pylon track limiting Lisaili's northern edge, the convoy re-routed to the west, looking (and finding) a set of tall dune canyons and sand bowls, with the sun starting to set below their high crests. Three magnificent detours, that gave all of us the opportunity to see another face of Lisaili. 

A truly enjoyable ride, with stretches driven at fast speed (up to 33 Km/h), mixed with a slower pace over the central technical area, for an overall brisk 25 Km/h moving average speed, needed to cover 72.3 Km, in 2:52 hours of driving time

Great support by @Kalahari, finally returning to the sand with gusto, @Islam Soliman giving security to the convoy at CF, and @Shaaz Sha, sweeping it to safety. Cool driving by @M.Seidam, @Gok Krish, @Thomas Varghese, @Rob H amd @Ahab Shamaa. Virtually no refusals, only 1 stuck and 1 pop-out, in the final stretch, speak loudly for the ability of the whole convoy to move in unison, with almost perfect coordination.

Thanks to all for joining to make this a very fun and enjoyable drive. See you soon out there.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

7 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Lisaili to Sunset - Drive Report

"Let the beauty of what you love be what you do" - Rumi

When a bunch of guys from all walks of life show up in the middle of a torrid afternoon, and start toiling around their cars, getting them ready for the task ahead, each person burning not only from the scorching sun, but mostly with the desire to set off on the sandy track, clearly they are letting the beauty of what they love become what they do. The love for the desert is reflected in the enthusiasm with which every person throws away his everyday lifestyle, to simply become a passionate off-roader, each unique with his own combination of car and driving style, yet united within the convoy by the thrill of a fast paced desert drive.

Truly, his drive turned out much more exciting that I had made it out to be. What was meant to be a loosely defined itinerary across Lisaili, toward Solar Park and Qudra, actually became an exploration drive entirely dedicated to Lisaili, diverging from previous tracks in 3 different areas, to explore the width, more then the length, of this plateau. 

After the usual approach along the pylon track, we went into the long range dunes, first heading toward Margham, to reach an area of sabkhas, alternated with low, very long dunes. From here we returned toward the center of Lisaili's plateau, remaining on top of its tall dunes, staying away from the strings of farms close to the pylon road (which function, usually, as middle points between the start and Solar Park): this middle section of Lisaili offers a beautifully landscaped technical area, centered around a large number of Ghaf trees, constituting almost a desert garden. Finally, after a short drive toward the pylon track limiting Lisaili's northern edge, the convoy re-routed to the west, looking (and finding) a set of tall dune canyons and sand bowls, with the sun starting to set below their high crests. Three magnificent detours, that gave all of us the opportunity to see another face of Lisaili. 

A truly enjoyable ride, with stretches driven at fast speed (up to 33 Km/h), mixed with a slower pace over the central technical area, for an overall brisk 25 Km/h moving average speed, needed to cover 72.3 Km, in 2:52 hours of driving time

Great support by @Kalahari, finally returning to the sand with gusto, @Islam Soliman giving security to the convoy at CF, and @Shaaz Sha, sweeping it to safety. Cool driving by @M.Seidam, @Gok Krish, @Thomas Varghese, @Rob H amd @Ahab Shamaa. Virtually no refusals, only 1 stuck and 1 pop-out, in the final stretch, speak loudly for the ability of the whole convoy to move in unison, with almost perfect coordination.

Thanks to all for joining to make this a very fun and enjoyable drive. See you soon out there.

@Ale Vallecchi when a convoy having drivers of almost same skills its fun to explore the desert. Enjoyed the drive very much especially when me & @Shaaz Sha altered our fan clutch for the harsh environment of the desert and could enjoy the drive with cabin completely closed with a super cool AC and no intrusion of sand winds inside. It was a test drive for us which worked out perfectly as there was minimal refusals and stucks. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use