•  

COVID19 Compliant - Saturday Morning Fewbie Plus Drive - Middle Earth - Dubai - 19 Jun 2021

Islam Soliman

Thank you @Islam Soliman for a saturday Fewbie plus drive! Loved the varied nature of the drive.

Started the drive laughing out loud when Islam noted how messed up we all are in terms of reaching before the designated time in anticipation 🤣

It was incredible to experience such soft sand and to keep moving. The spot where they had dumped sand was quite crazy as you would sink almost to the knee! 

The drag race was quite a surprise and such a different feeling. Technical portions of the drive provided some very nice challenges as well! @Darren Brookethank you for the second lead and @Hisham Masaadfor your expertise always. Thank you to Gautam and the rest of the convoy as well.

I still don't know who noticed my almost flat Tire on my patrol. Probably saved me from a pop out! Thank you for that and the quick onboard inflation by @Lakshmi Narasimhan

Looking forward to the next adventure! 

• Well Done (+2) 4

Thanks @Islam Solimanfor the incredible drive. Little delayed start was well compensated with extended drive thanks to both the adrenaline rushing  3 rounds of race and the fencing around the Solar park. You have taken us through side-sloping, criss crossing, patch of very soft sand, and loved the highlight of the day the never ending technical dunes. It was not at all an easy track for leading which reflected in the number refusals you had and in particular the area where you sink in to knee level.  

Special thanks @Islam Solimanfor the ultimate choice of racing back-to-back 3 rounds, with utmost safety which was the icing on the cake. Guess this would be the first in @Carnity history.

@Darren Brooketoday you had only one struck and mostly you were recovering. I guess more the challenge thrown at you and with responsibility of second lead you exhibited the best drive. I hope you would have realized that.

@Humayun Ghiasit was pleasure driving behind you. No surprise, I was always able to follow you with safe distance and also closely.

I love technical drive and to my surprise today majority of the drive was technical and then I had no refusal or pop-out or over heating issues. My best drive till date. I missed your drive in the same track last week and I was able to compensate for that today.

@Werno when ever I watched you in the mirror you were maintaining the safe distance consistently which was amazing. Great drive.

@Goutam, @Ranjan Das, @JeromeFJ i belive you guys also did great drive as you guys were so silent.

@Gaurav Soni I hope you enjoyed the race very much after joining the drive in the very last minute of the previous day. You just had a struck in a tricky soft churned-up patch which was recovered by Hisham.

@Hisham Masaad amazing sweep making sure entire convoy stay put together and safe and thanks for the extraordinary demonstration of getting struck and self recovering in the very soft patch. 
Thanks to every one for joining today and the amazing flawless drive, patience and demonstrating collective team effort. Love to catchup with you all again soon in the “Middle of the Earth”

C4CE5976-4AA5-48B1-BD2F-27A05DD3A031.jpeg

2BA21511-3763-490B-978C-02A71B6C87D4.jpeg

9F2B2CEF-820D-47AE-9488-D685DDC9BD4B.jpeg

Edited by Lakshmi Narasimhan
edit
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

9 minutes ago, Hisham Masaad said:

Thank you @Lakshmi Narasimhanat least I could see my car, thought I was the last one 😅

No i was definitely last

unless there was a handicap based on the car's age (and apparently the driver's age - according to @Islam Soliman) then i would have been first 🤣

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Islam Soliman thank you very much for the one of  the unique drives. Despite the tough terrain and nature of the area, the cases we had, it was really enjoying. very one made his best. @Darren Brooke today I have seen the real meaning of SL, and I am sure you as well. @Lakshmi Narasimhan @Humayun Ghias @Werno @JeromeFJ @Gaurav Soni @Ranjan Das  @Goutam thank you very much for joining and for the support shown by all for all. One more thanks for @Islam Soliman for the drive. See you more times in sand

• Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Islam Soliman for the drive this morning.  It was a pleasure to return to this challenging area of soft narrow dunes. You made most of the effort with @Darren Brooke, and for us at the back, it was "only" to follow the right track, and to avoid the soft patches. Thanks for the exciting shabka run, sure we will endure again 3h of technical dune for these 3 min of adrenaline 😀.

Thanks @Hisham Masaad for the support. @Islam Soliman, I'm sure the 3rd edition of Middle Earth will be a perfect combination of the first two. But... was it really on Earth ...??

IMG_20210619_233105_518.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Important Information

Terms of use