•  
Advertise here

Y62 Android Video Interface

Yesterday I added an exciting feature to the Y62 Infotainment system, called Video/Android Interface.

I now have access to Gaia GPS, google maps, netflix, youtube etc.. to my OEM touch screen, retaining all factory features. 

You can switch between the two systems by just pressing 3 secs on the "back button" on the car. Bellow are some videos I took.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

15 minutes ago, Tareck said:

Great addition, I was looking at something similar sometime ago

can you share the details of how and where you did this and how much does it cost please

I'll send you the details if you want on whatsapp. 0562250945 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Lorenzo Candelpergher said:

Interesting. Let me know more pls

This works perfectly on your facelift model as you have 2 screens, the upper one which i guess only shows the useless nissan map will be used for the android module (off course you can switch anytime to your original display by pressing the back button) and the lower one remain the same untouched.

The system, is running android 10, cortex A72 cpu, 4gb ddr4 ram, 32Gb eMMC. I Got a Data sim from etisalat on my same package, and connected it directly to the device using a 4g dongle.

The main reason I got it is for using google maps/waze and Gaia gps without the need of an external screen or device.

The system will connect to the cars speakers using bluetooth, as if you are connecting your phone to play music, however your phone will remain connected to the car's system directly as well for phone calls. ( In our cars you can have a phone connected to bluetooth for phone calls and another phone connected at the same time for streaming music)

Basically what the device doing here is running an android system in parallel to the cars infotaiment system using the same screen, like switching the HDMI SOURCE at your home tV.

You can see it and test it on my car if you like anytime you want.

• Like (+1) 1