•  

COVID19 Compliant - Fewbie Morning Desert Drive - 2500RPM Qudra - Dubai - 25 Jun 2021

Wrangeld

11 minutes ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Thanks @Wrangeld for the innovative drive...i was contemplating throughout the week about how you are going to go about this drive (as seems to be case with most friends here on forum). Must share that i am really amazed how you managed to find the track through which actually one could drive through without exceeding 2500 rpm... Despite being at end of the convoy facing completely churned up sand i to the major part of drive was in the planned range. And mostly where I exceeded i knew that i missed the most suitable line... thanks a lot for the experience. Idea of 2wd was really next level. 

Apart from initial series of refusals and stucks mostly convoy did well. We surely had our share of crests however was expected while everyone trying to limit the revs. 

@Tareck and @Christopher Assal you both were awesome today made my life as sweep super easy. Apart from one crest at the end both of you managed your Patrols super nicely through the churned up sand. Tareck i believe you must have realized (re-realized) today that your vehicle has tremendous power. At certain places i felt you could have sailed through with less revs as well. Again you were really good, just that today's theme was specific so felt at certain areas that you were putting in more gas then required..All an all a great outing for both of you. 

In general the whole convoy did well. For rest of the drivers i am sure other Seniors can comment better as from sweep couldn't have done a fair assessment of all. 

thanks again. 

Thanks @varunmehndiratta for the support today, i totally agree with you I was putting some more power as at 2500rpm it wasn't working well for the car at some points always sliding on the sides maybe because it's heavy.

Thank you @Wrangeld for today's drive it was a new and different experience

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Tareck said:

Thanks @varunmehndiratta for the support today, i totally agree with you I was putting some more power as at 2500rpm it wasn't working well for the car at some points always sliding on the sides maybe because it's heavy.

Thank you @Wrangeld for today's drive it was a new and different experience

Hi Tareck give it some more drives and try similar drive again you will see the diff....as Richard had mentioned it's the line you take that makes a huge diff plus confidence in car.....plus ofcourse using the existing momentum down the hill to climb the hill... Try some drives driving behind leads and more experienced drivers, the smoothness with which they sail through the dunes is a treat to watch... I hv made same statements you made and i know how with every drive it has improved.. And continuing to work on it 👍👍 perhaps try a newbie drive sometime soon and you will see how easy it will feel vis-a-vis how it was when you started. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Post Drive Report

As I said at the end of the drive, I enjoyed it - which is usually a good sign. I am not sure how many stuck to the rev limit, but I think that I did except for the moment that I got the car into quicksand and tried to get out (thanks for all the help by the way). 

What did I learn from today? 

2500RPM is adequate for just about everything you would like to do on a recreational drive. I did not feel like we missed out on too much by my choosing a line that was more sympathetic to the predicament that I placed us in!

2 wheel driving inflated is a complete wheeze and lots of fun but difficult to sustain for the whole drive if we have a long convoy. It's something I would like to try again, maybe with a smaller group, just to see how far we can get. I think it can improve our skills the more we do it. 

Sand conditions are so unpredictable it's probably not worth planning for anything! The sand was super super soft today. More than usual and that made for additional difficulty in the limited revs. On a cold slightly damp morning in the winter, this drive would have been a breeze. 

Everyone did really well, especially in the technical section that we passed through ironically with the least number of stops. Please pat yourselves on the back (either literally or metaphorically). This was a good Fewbie drive, about the right level for fewbies and where most did well was in starting to ridge ride and criss cross easily. As is often the case, once you start to cross cross you forget how to get over the crest of dune going straight. 

Special thanks for the help from @Watteau (impeccable as always), @Janarthan @varunmehndiratta @Anand Nataraj and @Gaurav Soni. I'm singling you out because your experience and helping on the drive is really helpful to me as a lead and I do not under estimate the contribution you made. 

See you soon in the sand.  

• Like (+1) 7
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Fantastic drive today , so thank you all. Was great and for the most part we didn’t exceed the limit. On couple of occasions due to the churned up sand and not picking a smoother less churned line to the edge of it I did exceed the limit, for fear of a refusal. Also a couple of the flats in the cycle track area I couldn’t help but push the gas a little to catch up with the convoy 😂. Always fun putting the foot down on flats . @Wrangeldyour drives are always a pleasure, appreciate them and the support from the experienced team members. @Janarthanthe shoveling master class was much appreciated and see the ease of doing it your way rather then my previous back breaking method . @Tarecki always keep my eye on those behind me and you drive well keeping safe distances and I wasn’t concerned in anyway and was a pleasure watching the patrol ploughing through the churned up sand. Also thanks to @varunmehndirattaits always great to get feed back from senior members on how we drive really appreciate it. I’m also glad I finally know what the Burj Khalifa is!!  wondered what you guys were talking about 😂

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PaoloMaraziti said:

As expected great drive, although 2000 rpm would have been a more challenging threshold, I think I broke the ceiling once to climb a steep hill only. I did enjoy a lot the initial 2WD experiment and indeed the lines choice of @Wrangeld

Thanks Richard for your leadership and thank you to the whole supporting team: @Gaurav Soni, @Watteau , @Janarthan , @Anand Natarajand @varunmehndiratta. Plus a big thumb up to the whole convoy , I really enjoyed driving with you nd hope to repeat soon. 

Here a little souvenir of the morning (check the gazelle at 1:45 ! :D) and the stats I recorded

image.png.8bac0dd5bc80d7789ead33e254352350.png

Peter Gabriel ! Brilliant !

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

6 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Peter Gabriel ! Brilliant !

2WD, wow!

1 hour ago, PaoloMaraziti said:

As expected great drive, although 2000 rpm would have been a more challenging threshold, I think I broke the ceiling once to climb a steep hill only. I did enjoy a lot the initial 2WD experiment and indeed the lines choice of @Wrangeld

Thanks Richard for your leadership and thank you to the whole supporting team: @Gaurav Soni, @Watteau , @Janarthan , @Anand Natarajand @varunmehndiratta. Plus a big thumb up to the whole convoy , I really enjoyed driving with you nd hope to repeat soon. 

Here a little souvenir of the morning (check the gazelle at 1:45 ! :D) and the stats I recorded

Hi @PaoloMarazitiGreat video. Quick question: How did you get past Youtube upload and posting challenge for this background music? they try and delete the music if it is copyrighted....

On 6/25/2021 at 7:14 PM, PaoloMaraziti said:

Nice video @PaoloMaraziti!!!

Important Information

Terms of use