•  

COVID19 Compliant - Evening/Night Newbie Desert Drive - Lisaili to Margham - Dubai - 25 Jun 2021

Chaitanya D

1 hour ago, Chaitanya D said:

@Lakshmi Narasimhan

@hasan hamadeh 

@GauravSoni

all of you will be added , do you confirm

Confirmed, thanks.

• Like (+1) 2

Dear Desernauts, 

As, unfortunately @Chaitanya D cannot lead this drive tomorrow evening, I will lead instead. Apologies if you had been looking forward to his unique lead style in this wonderful drive area - I will do my utmost to be an adequate replacement for him. 

So far we have a relatively short convoy, blessed with a lot of experience to support what is a group of relatively inexperienced newbie drivers. 

Here's the plan. We will leave from the Lisaili post office and make our way carefully through the wide dunes and Sabkahs that take us in the direction of Margham. We will need to cross some areas of tighter, technical dunes along the way, which can be tricky for those who have not yet mastered all the drive skills needed for criss-cross or ridge riding. 

The sand will be very, very soft because it is so late in the day. We will need to take care navigating through here, because there is not always an easy route through the dunes. 

As night falls, we will stop and rebrief on the challenges of night driving, and then continue on our way making use of the night to experience a completely different style of drive. 

Looking forward to the drive and seeing you all on Friday evening. 

• Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

@Wrangeldunfortunately my number plate us missing, I will not be able to join today. See you soon have a nice drive everybody. 

• Sad (0) 1

Very small convoy this afternoon. 

Here is the order I propose:

It's a very small group, but as I mentioned in earlier messages, this is a first newbie drive for quite a few of you, and it's a partial night drive. 

See you shortly in Lisali

• Thanks (+1) 2

Thank you @Wrangeldfor stepping in to lead this. I am sure all will have more fun as it has always been with your leads.

Sorries to all, I had to step out as I have been advised not to drive due to some medications which I am on currently.  Will be hopefully back to drive with you all soon. Frankly I am missing being on sand on fridays😔

• Sad (0) 3

8 hours ago, Clay Neddo said:

I wanted to say thank you for this drive. It was a really good learning experience.

Today I had intermittent steering wheel shake. I had to make the garage take the tire off (they had never seen this before) and see inside. Found about a kilo of sand!

20210626_154652.jpg

That's pretty common after a pop out. We do advise getting your tyres cleaned out after every pop out for this reason. 

Post Drive Report

A drive of two halves? I think it's fair to say that we had a great start to the drive with not too many stops, but after it got dark the challenges increased and we had to deal with every softening sand and some unreliable machinery. 

We ended much later than planned - but that happens (unfortunately) when things start to go wrong and concentration levels drop. Was this worse than any other drive? No way. 

It's just the case that when things start to go wrong the problems tend to multiply. 

Everyone did well for a mainly newbie drive.  Support from @Jeepie and @Gaurav Soni was welcome and needed. 

• Like (+1) 3

Very good experience. In this drive I was more confident in comparison to my absolute newbie drive. We drove more than 25 km and very less refusals. Special thanks to @Wrangeld @Jeepie for leading us to the desert. Also @Gaurav Soni helped in each of the difficult situations. Got many tips from him regarding my Pajero and my drive as well.

Looking for next week... 🚙🚙

IMG_20210625_180020.jpg

• Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use