•  

COVID19 Compliant - Absolute Newbie Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 25 Jun 2021

Ale Vallecchi

Hey @Ale Vallecchi, this is gonna be my first drive with Carnity, although I do have second hand experience in the desert as I’ve accompanied my dad and uncle @Yasas Dharmadasaand @Athula Dharmadada in the past six months, and I recall us joining around 3-4 drives with you as marshal.

I got the following gear on me:

• Deflator
• Pressure gauge
• Shovel
• First Aid Kit/Extinguisher 
• WalkIe Talkie
• Flag with suction cup
• Compressor

• Kinetic rope and soft shackel

• Front and rear tow hook points

• Skid Plate

Looking forward to the drive! 

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Damiru Dharmadasa said:

Hey @Ale Vallecchi, this is gonna be my first drive with Carnity, although I do have second hand experience in the desert as I’ve accompanied my dad and uncle @Yasas Dharmadasaand @Athula Dharmadada in the past six months, and I recall us joining around 3-4 drives with you as marshal.

• Deflator
• Pressure gauge
• Shovel
• WalkIe Talkie
• Flag with suction cup
• Compressor

• Skid Plate

Hello @Damiru Dharmadasa. Indeed your name sounded familiar. Good to see you again. Looking forward to Friday's drive. 

• Like (+1) 3

18 hours ago, Damiru Dharmadasa said:

• Deflator
• Pressure gauge
• Shovel
• WalkIe Talkie
• Flag with suction cup
• Compressor

• Skid Plate

Welcome back @Damiru Dharmadasa !

• Like (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Dear @SUNIL KUMAR, I have been informed that you have already done your Absolute Newbie drive last week with @Vanessa8580. Given this, you are able to sign up for any Newbie drive, and you don't have to repeat your Absolute Newbie. Please sign out of this drive, and sign in for a Newbie drive of your choice. Thanks a lot, and have a nice weekend.

• Like (+1) 1

@Damiru Dharmadasawelcome to the world of sand as a driver now , I know your dad and your uncle Yasas and Athula , we drove together few times , regards to them please and hope to drive with you too soon 🙏

• Like (+1) 2

Dear @Damiru Dharmadasa, @Gilbert Khalil, @Abdul Hannan, @Iliyas Bava, @hasan hamadeh, and @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ, it's time to receive more information about tomorrow's Absolute Newbie drive.

First of all, thanks for sending me the info regarding your past experiences, and available equipment. I will check the tow points when you reach the meeting point, just to make sure they are in good conditions. Those who have flags, please mount them, while I will assist you with deflating. Please, remember to come with a full tank.

Regarding the meeting point, I have chosen a spot which is a bit out of the way from the tarmac road, as in the proximity of the turn-off there are a lot of road works, and we may not have enough space. As advised, please follow the Google Map directions. Once you turn off the tarmac (after circling 360 degrees around a roundabout) you will pass through an opening in the roadworks, and head toward an opening in the fence you'll see in front of you. @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ, the other Senior in the convoy (with a yellow Wrangler), will be waiting there, to point you in the right direction. Please take that gravel road into the area, and drive for less than 3 Km before finding the meeting point. I will be already parked there: stop in a line on the side of the track, and wait to receive further instructions. Those of you with radios, please tune into Carnity Channel #1 (446.006). It would be best if you manage to have this frequency pre-programmed, or activate the dial-in function of your radio, so you may manually tune into it.

After deflating I will announce the order in which each car will be driving in the convoy.

Everything else you'll have to know we'll discuss and introduce you to, just before and during the drive. Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow morning at 5:00AM sharp. Have a nice end of the week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

9 hours ago, M.Seidam said:

@Damiru Dharmadasawelcome to the world of sand as a driver now , I know your dad and your uncle Yasas and Athula , we drove together few times , regards to them please and hope to drive with you too soon 🙏

Hey @M.Seidam, long time no see, I remember some crazy drives we went on through fossil rock and faya last year, see you soon on a drive!

Important Information

Terms of use