•  

COVID19 compliant - Afternoon Newbie Desert drive - Mahafiz to Fossil Rock - Sharjah - 25 Jun 2021

Foxtrot Oscar

Thank you @Foxtrot Oscar !! Epic afternoon and very appreciative of support and encouragement! 

Great drive to all! See you all soon on the sand! 

🇦🇺 

• Well Done (+2) 3

10 hours ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

Drive Report

Well aren’t you lot all kinds of fabulous!

The convoy was the epitome of a Newbie Drive, with so many members experiencing only their first or second drive at Newbie level , the casual observer would have thought this was a Fewbie convoy!

I said we would tackle play area after play area and that’s exactly what we did. We climbed and side sloped our way to Fossil Rock , yes we had a couple of refusals along the way but by goodness this convoy lapped up everything I threw at them, and I definitely raised the bar and took quite a few members out of their comfort zone.

@Faraz Mohammad – 10/10 for perseverance! You kept going trying to get the most out of your Pajero , and with some good advice from Vanessa you managed to side slope along the dunes towards the end of the drive. However, even before then you paid attention and controlled your car when you were losing momentum,. Well done.

@Super Safari Girl – I know I pushed you, but you should be very pleased with your driving today. You had total control over that car of yours and had a brilliant drive, Are you sure it was only your second drive?
😉

@Savio Fernandes– You handled all the challenges really well today and also had a nice stuck . All part of the learning experience . Well done!

@Simon Ducos – great to see you let off the leash and out there on your own! You had an impeccable drive and were always in total control of your vehicle. Great drive!

@Jason Grima – a flawless drive from you , it was great to see you handle your car with finesse and not just power, and on your 2nd drive too. Well done!

@Paolo Pellegrini – Flawless ! Bravo

@Charbel– Flawless and in a new car too! Loving watching your journey!

@Alfred Alinazar – Flawless and with the wherewithal to know when to steer down without me having to reach for the walkie talkie! Loved it!

@Farook Veettil – My star of the day, amazing to see your progress over the course of one drive, you started off shakily, and a little afraid of the accelerator and then you were on it! Even when you had a refusal you proved that you had learned from the previous one and took control on your own! Keep it up!

@Anoop Nair– Flawless ! Man and machine as one! Well done!

@Abdul Rafay-S – We waited a looooooooong time for that my friend and you didn’t disappoint! Smashed it! Finesse, control, power….see you at the next level and I will get you stuck !  😈Mwahahahaha

@Pierre de Maigret – Flawless  - a super chilled day for you in the soaring heat. Great drive.

Many thanks to my support team today , @Ammar Naji continues to not only be an excellent 2nd lead but tackle all challenges with aplomb and even gave me the chance to get a rope out haha. @Veedooshee always on hand to offer advice and anchoring the middle of the convoy and of course @Vanessa8580 for sweeping up at the back and guiding cars who had refusals.

Finally thanks again to all of you,  for listening to and following instructions, driving so well and maintaining convoy discipline. You made it fun and safe for us all

Fossil Rock? Smashed it!

Until our next adventure  😎

fossil1.jpg

Thanks @Foxtrot Oscar@Vanessa8580@Veedoosheethe drive was real fun with a lot a play areas. I was very hesitant about afternoon drives at first but seems that now developed a liking for it. Thanks to you the convoy really did well especially towards the second half of the drive as everyone gained confidence. Kudos to all... Looking forward to another one soon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

10 hours ago, Super Safari Girl said:

@Foxtrot Oscarmy car made me look more capable than I am 😂 But it was mostly your excellent leadership. I really enjoyed myself and felt very safe. And thank you @Veedooshee for your tips and help with the air compressor.  

Not at all, a car is only as good as the person driving it. Well done 👏 

• Like (+1) 1

Thank you @Foxtrot Oscar for the leading. The scenery was wonderful, the selection of dunes to test our cars was excellent as they allow different trajectories for the different levels and the conclusion was just perfect. Lots of positive energy and encouragement in these drives. It is great to be in the convoy again with @Veedooshee (my role model giving we have the same "underpowered" pajero :-) ) and @Vanessa8580 (Italy-Belgium could be one of the next matches in Euro 2020)

Afternoon drive not bad at all..... looking forward to do it again and again!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

15 hours ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

see you at the next level and I will get you stuck

hahaha, I will be waiting 😈😈

About the drive. I loved the pace and technicality of it. We got to play in several play areas, which was really thrilling. Me going Baja 1000 over some of the bumps had my dad looking at me weird 👀. Overall, @Foxtrot Oscar lead another amazing & thrilling drive, I mean, should I really be surprised??

@Veedooshee@Vanessa8580 Thanks for actively helping with all the stucks/refusals, you guys are the reason we were able to keep moving, and were able to reach our goal (Fossil Rock). Thank You.

See you all in the Fewbies!! (Hopefully 👀👀🤞)

• Well Done (+2) 3

@Foxtrot Oscar: I love the view and the play area today. Thanks for leading us on the amazing drive.

@Vanessa8580, @Veedooshee: Nice to have you both on the drive as usual. By seeing how you climb the dune, encourage me that I don't really need a beast to climb the dunes.

See you later on the next drives ! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use