•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Tawi Nazwa - Sharjah - 25 Jun 2021

Anish S

Thank you @Anish S @Brette @Chris Wing @jodha singh shekhawat and the fellow convoy members for the excellent drive this morning. The route was magnificent and the drive was flawless. Enjoyed it thoroughly , looking forward to more drives. 

• Like (+1) 3

@Brette @Chris Wing @Rjducos @Marwan Haddad @Sunil Mathew @Zixuan Huang - Charlie @Nithin Vaidir @Arshad Roojee @darren thompson @Chinthaka Ruwan @jodha singh shekhawat

Today, we started the drive from Tawi Nazwa via Pink Rock to Big Red. It was nice to see everybody ready on time to begin the trip. Early morning, required some warm up so we did some small side sloping prior hitting bigger dunes and nice bowls where we got to do criss crossings and some short ridge riding. 

Unfortunately, for the safety of the driver and the car, we had to exit @Zixuan Huang - Charlie due to technical issue with his car. We did perform some basic troubleshooting which did not work. 

After exiting Charlie safely on the tarmac, we headed back to the dunes with the rest of the convoy where we tried the play areas on the side of pink rock before climbing the bigger dunes towards big red. One of my favorite terrain that requires full focus and concentration to drive through, where even a second of distraction or hesitation can cause stuck or refusal. After driving non stop for a while, i realised that we all needed a break so that we can refresh to continue the journey better.

Seeing that there was not much refusal and stuck, progressively i made the drive more challenging and still all the drivers cope very well. We only had few refusals which was managed swiftly and a stuck where @darren thompson's Truck was crested. Within minutes recoveries were done and we were always on the move.

I would like to thank all of you for joining the drive and making it wonderful. I was privileged to have @Brette as my support, @Chris Wing as a flawless second lead and @jodha singh shekhawat as the sweep keeping the convoy together.

Screenshot_20210625-231518_2.png.2bb67bb489e6467e71aff64ffa3d2c8f.pngScreenshot_20210625-231526_2.png.d255d10e9fdf444baf3b1e61e7c86eb0.png

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Thanks @Anish S for another great drive, fantastic route and really enjoyed getting to play on some the big dunes we encountered throughout the drive. 

thanks @Brette @Chris Wing and @jodha singh shekhawat for all the support during the drive as well as everyone else on the drive. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Anish S @Brette @jodha singh shekhawat Thanks a lot for the drive, was awesome. First time I was second lead in a fewbie drive and really enjoyed it! Worked hard to match Anish's speed but was so much fun. See you all soon!

@Zixuan Huang - CharlieHope the call is fixed and see you soon on a next drive!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 2

2 minutes ago, Chris Wing said:

@Anish S @Brette @jodha singh shekhawat Thanks a lot for the drive, was awesome. First time I was second lead in a fewbie drive and really enjoyed it! Worked hard to match Anish's speed but was so much fun. See you all soon!

@Zixuan Huang - CharlieHope the call is fixed and see you soon on a next drive!

Good job Chris, we’ll done 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Was a great drive @Anish S, with the support of @jodha singh shekhawat and @Brette, and our 2L @Chris Wing

This was my second time in Big Red, and i gained confidence in tackling the area. The last time i drove here was with @Islam Soliman and i had my share of refusals, and also had an element of fear within me , seeing the high dunes and soft sand, I remember Islam, having to re-route through another approach as i could not get over a ridge after multiple attempts. Thankfully, i was able to experiment with the tiptronic this time with more confidence and timing of shifts

Hope Charlie @Zixuan Huang - Charlie fixes his car soon and joins us back next week.

Another point worth mentioning as a feedback  - i was able to witness and observe , challenging self recoveries by @Brette, not once , but 2 times when he was stuck in a soft sand pocket and at a very awkward angle in one instance. It was absolutely a visual treat seeing the techniques - and with the JGC without a proper diff lock, i presume?? I was so intently watching , that i forgot to take a video which would have been a good reference for posterity!!!  On one instance, everyone was sure that some shovelling is required and i saw Anish and Jodha already out with their shovels moving towards Brettes car, but before they could reach, he was out  :-) 

Relive link  - https://www.relive.cc/view/v1vjDR5eoJ6

not many photos, as hands were on the wheel for most of the time !!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use