•  

COVID19 Compliant - Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 2 Jul 2021

Wrangeld

20 minutes ago, Alexander Holodny said:

Hi. 
I’ve been to desert & sandy island before but few times only. For sure, stuck and self-recovered. Had fun but never went far into the desert. 
Recently I bought a brand new significantly less powerful car - montero sport 3.0. It’s stock and has all the required features. i’m joining the club to have fun safely and learn something. Thanks!

Hi Alexander, 

Thanks. The Motero sport is a perfectly good vehicle for our drives ... but of course, you've piquedeverybody's attention saying you had something significantly more powerful before this ...

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

Hi Alexander, 

Thanks. The Motero sport is a perfectly good vehicle for our drives ... but of course, you've piquedeverybody's attention saying you had something significantly more powerful before this ...

:) I had an old range rover sport 5.0 supercharged. It was a lot of fun to ride it on the sand. 

1 hour ago, Alexander Holodny said:

:) I had an old range rover sport 5.0 supercharged. It was a lot of fun to ride it on the sand. 

I think that the experience will be quite different with the Montero - if only because the ground clearance will in the end allow you to get to places that were challenging for the RR because of the ride height and the low profile tires. In any case looking forward to your arrival on Friday. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

I think that the experience will be quite different with the Montero - if only because the ground clearance will in the end allow you to get to places that were challenging for the RR because of the ride height and the low profile tires. In any case looking forward to your arrival on Friday. 

For sure it will. Thanks.

Hi @Himanshu

Great to see you signed up for the Carnity Absolute Newbie drive on Friday 2nd. We are looking forward to meeting you. 

We ask everyone that signs up here to answer a few quick questions so we can plan better for the drive and make sure that no-one is disappointed by arriving and not being allowed to drive: 

1. Do you bring any 4x4 experience with you to the drive? If so what did you already do? 
  2. Does your car have any modifications? Do any of these impact the off-road requirements of 8 - 10 inch clearance, tow hooks front & rear, 4 wheel drive
  3. What do you want to achieve in joining the club? 

Thanks in advance and looking forward to meeting you Friday. 

• Like (+1) 1

Hi @Wrangeld and to all others. 😄

Hope you all are doing well. I'm so excited to be part of this group. I recently purchased a Mitsubishi Pajero 1999 3.0 LWB Manual Trans.
It's going to be my first time to hit the dunes and I have no previous off road experiences. The vehicle is already upgraded for off-roading purpose. The suspensions have been upgraded with enough ground clearance, tow hooks both front and back. I have all the necessary accessories such as tow rope, deflator kit, compressor, flag, shovel, sand ladder type grip traction tracks, sand recovery boards, etc. 
I love driving so much and I really wanted to experience the sand terrain. By joining the club, I'm looking forward to gain more knowledge and experience to ultimately become a professional off-roader. 

I look forward to meeting you all and have a great time!
Thank you. 

• Like (+1) 1

Not a newbie, have had multiple rides with you lads and ladies, but bought a new toy so just want to ease her into it and see how it goes - heavily m,odified so it should be fine, but don't want to be a savage on the first drive and rip something off :) :) 

hi @WrangeldPleased to be part of this, I have a jeep wrangler 2018 sport 4 door stock. I don't have any such experience of dunes to be honest. This will be my first. I have tried once just like that out of blue with full tire pressures and got stuck after few minutes. 

I want to learn this art. :) Looking forward. 

4 hours ago, Cornelius Wessels said:

Not a newbie, have had multiple rides with you lads and ladies, but bought a new toy so just want to ease her into it and see how it goes - heavily m,odified so it should be fine, but don't want to be a savage on the first drive and rip something off :) :) 

Hi Cornelius

I'm happy adding you and the new beast. Hoping tomorrow will be less eventful than our first drive together. 

Post drive report

Great drive today for an Absolute Newbie. 

@Cornelius Wessels @Mohammed Azar @Himanshu @Theo Busschau @Chris Maycroft @Alexander Holodny thanks for the care and attention today during a fantastic drive from Bab Al Shams to Last Exit. All of you drove very well, gained great learning and I hope a feeling of how amazing being off road can be in your vehicle. 

Yes, we had stops - but nothing serious or too time consuming. The drive was at the right level for Absolute Newbies as by the end everyone was confident and capable and as far as I could see smiling and happy to have joined the drive. 

@Cornelius Wessels  - nice shakedown for the new ride. Was great to see you. 

@Himanshu - considering the weight in your car (!) and the disturbances that you must have had you did really well today. Next time ...maybe less guests and more focus?

@Mohammed Azar - you're already a marshals' favorite because of your ride and you did well. It will take time to learn better how to modulate the clutch and power. 

@Theo Busschau - nice first drive. Well handled (great choice of vehicle) in every respect. Really well controlled throughout. 

@Chris Maycroft  - it takes time to learn a vehicle and it was clear once you had momentum on your side things got easier. See you in 6 weeks I hope.

@Alexander Holodny - you did well in the Montero. It will take a bit of time for you to get to grips with the characteristics of the car as well. 

@Islam Soliman - an outstanding support as ever. A true pleasure to drive with you. 

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 5

Important Information

Terms of use