•  

COVID19 Compliant - Intermediate Desert Drive - 100KM RUN - Dubai - 3 Jul 2021

Islam Soliman

Am I the only one who’s waiting anxiously for the drive location 😂 I’ve been checking the website daily just to see

@Islam Soliman has commented” 

Hope everyone has a great start to the weekend! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

My Rear and front defrost buttons got stuck, which is causing the AC not to work plus hot air being pumped into the car. I tried my best but I was unable to do anything about it. I have vacated the drive as it would be unbearable for me to be able to drive without ac. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 3

don't drive like its your last one.

20 hours ago, Shehab Alawadhi said:

Am I the only one who’s waiting anxiously for the drive location 😂 I’ve been checking the website daily just to see

@Islam Soliman has commented” 

Hope everyone has a great start to the weekend! 

🙋🏻‍♂️

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Dear Islam.. my FJ kill switch is giving me some problem.. and interfering with the crawl control and Diff lock.. please excuse me for tomorrow drive and I shall exit.. I hope everyone enjoys the drive and be all safe as usual.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 3

1 hour ago, Ashok chaturvedi said:

Dear Islam.. my FJ kill switch is giving me some problem.. and interfering with the crawl control and Diff lock.. please excuse me for tomorrow drive and I shall exit.. I hope everyone enjoys the drive and be all safe as usual.

Is it an ABS KILL switch? If yes then you should switch it off (abs active) when you want to use your crawling system. As far as I recall, Also the diff lock must be off for crawling to work. 

• Like (+1) 4

Dear @Islam Soliman sorry I cannot join this drive as my car came back very thirsty deprived of water after @Kailas drive today and need to take her to the garage tomorrow morning. Hopefully its only a leaking radiator hose and nothing more. She really taxed me a lot today demanding water every 20 minutes and it was too tough on me making her drink so much in the hot afternoon sun. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 4

Dear @Lawrence_Chehimi @Shehab Alawadhi @Watteau @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ @Arman @Mario Cornejo @Amir Amiri @Dodi Syahdar @Abu Muhammad @Hisham Masaad

I am sorry for delaying the trip details, I noticed too many movements on the RSVP and was trying to lock the convoy positions and last minutes ins and outs kept going. I just hope that this didn't put you off and make you lose your enthusiasm as we need all of what you have in a few of hours. The usual drive details below and meeting point is updated on the origninal drive post and again here for your convenience 

Pre-drive details below:

1- weather is getting hot and we want to have an early start hoping to cover majority of the track by 8:30am before heading to the exit to inflat by 9:00am before we get roasted.

2- This requires prompt presence at the meeting point by 4:30am and be ready to move max by 4:45am (deflated, flag erected, 4H on, radio on and set, airbags/traction/abs all set....) 

3- Please ensure your radio is on, fully charged, and set to the right frequency: channel 3 (446,562.25) upon arrival to do a quick radio check

4. when you arrive, pls try to take your position (if possible) based on the below convoy order

5- briefing will be done on the radio as we start moving

6. Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/2o9n4eVgmn53R63w8

See you all on the sand 😎

image.png.37d1486da6bb9ccdb503c5a9848c26a4.png

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thank you @Islam Solimanand everybody for the drive. I had quiet a challenging day today.
The problem is my beast is not like any other light 4x4 trust me when controlling 3+tone specially when its stuck in the sand it’s a big challenge to get it out, The 35” tires when buried refuses to turn left or right, sometimes I feel as am controlling or maneuvering a ship in the desert despite how easy it might seen from outside lol 😂 but with all these in return what more can you ask than discovering an “anchor man” in the middle of desert when your beast is letting you down.....Yes spacial Thanks to @Shehab Alawadhi”The Anchor Man”. Also Thank you @Hisham Masaadand his sons for great Support. 

See you soon in the desert guys.

Edited by Abu Muhammad
  • Like (+1) 4

Important Information

Terms of use