•  

COVID19 compliant - Afternoon newbie Desert drive - Mahafiz to Fossil Rock - Sharjah - 2 Jul 2021

Foxtrot Oscar

Drive Brief

Hone your off-road skills in Sharjah's majestic red sands under the shadow of the mighty Fossil Rock. There's a reason this area is so popular with off-roaders, it offers everything and is a perfect training ground to hone and develop your off-road skills. We will meet in the shade of the Mahafiz trees and make our way towards the rock, whilst doing so we will encounter lots of challenges and hopefully even get to practice some climbs and side sloping. 

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: BAN POST

Two Way Radio Guidelines

• Every Offroader brings his own radio, programmed to the frequencies described in below advice topic.
  • We will not share spare radios or program your radio on the drive. If you need assistance in programming the radio, post a topic on the Carnity website with your questions and we will help you out. 
  • Make sure your radio is fully charged. It will be your only way of communication while driving.
  • Before buying, please carefully read below advice so you are informed properly on which model / cost / shops...
  • No radio = No drive. It is an essential tool and you should make sure you bring it on every drive and learn/practice how to use it.

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and Above (All Levels)

When: 2 July 2021, Friday.

Meeting time: 4 pm (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Mahafiz Tree Shade - https://goo.gl/maps/Tj9WXKFDYB43KpWZ9

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm, willingness to learn and your own compressor for tyre inflation.

Approximate finish time: 8pm

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR EVENT

• Gaurav changed the title to COVID19 compliant - Afternoon newbie Desert drive - Mahafiz to Fossil Rock - Sharjah - 2 Jul 2021

Good afternoon fellow adventurers,

Tomorrow afternoon's drive will see us venture into the deep red sands of Mahafiz where we shall scout around and find play area after play area after play area as we make our way to Fossil Rock. It promises so much! But what we do and where we get to all depends on the convoy so , we shall see.

The forecast is predicting a cool 39degsC and as we make our way through the sands it will continue to drop  That said, it is imperative that you keep an eye on your dials and bring plenty of fluids to sustain you.

We shall use Carnity Channel 2 (two) 446.031

My proposed convoy is as follows:

Position

Driver

Car

Rank

Lead

@Foxtrot Oscar

Black Xterra

Marshal

2nd Lead

@rajeshkumar rathod

Xterra

Fewbie

3rd

@SUNIL KUMAR

White Prado

4th

@arjumand

Y61

5th

@Super Safari Girl

Safri

6th

@Farook Veettil

White LC

7th

@Clay Neddo

White Pajero LWB

CF

@Kailas

Red Wrangler

Expert

8th

@Naim Aoun

Grey Wrangler

9th

@Marky B

Black Wrangler 2dr

10th

@Faraz Mohammad

Black Pajero SWB

11th

@Ishraque

Black Wrangler 4dr

12th

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie

White pathfinder

Fewbie

Sweep

@Melenany

F150

IM

fossil.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SUNIL KUMAR said:

@Foxtrot Oscar  Noted , eager to join all of you tomorrow.

@Foxtrot Oscar can i bring my friend with me , is it allowed ? 

Absolutely you can bring your friends and family after your first absolute newbie drive, as far as you comply with NCEMA regulation for Covid precautions. 

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

6 hours ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

13th

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie

White Y62

Fewbie

Hi Angela @Foxtrot Oscar , I am driving white pathfinder instead of y62 (I'd love to own one 🤤)

See you tomorrow~

Edited by Zixuan Huang - Charlie
  • Like (+1) 1

Drive Report

My oh my , newbies you really earned your stripes today. What a fantastic convoy! The drive did what it said on the tin, we tackled side slopes, we went down really steep dunes, we climbed Fossil Rock and we even went down the rock's mega steep descent,  all without a hint drama! 

@SUNIL KUMAR you started off tentatively but had built your confidence by the end of the drive and handled the final 3 challenges incredibly well. Well done for persevering and thanks to @Melenanyfor his words of encouragement. Keep it up. 

@arjumandWow, a flawless drive from you. You handled all the challenges really well. Smashed it! Bravo

@Super Safari GirlYou continue to develop your offroad skills and the finesse with which you handle that powerful car is very telling of your skills as a driver. Even a small refusal had you self recover (with guidance) which adds to your offroad driving skills bank. Smashed it girl! Well done

@Farook Veettil Oh my days , what a difference from last week. I am absolutely loving being part of your off road driving journey. Still a little gas shy at times on some challenges, but you got yourself out of trouble impeccably. I love to see it!  Great job today 

@Naim AounPower, finesse, flawless. Impeccable drive. Bravo

@Faraz MohammadWell look at you go! Loving watching you progress and seeing you get a real feel for your car and how it can handle challenges in the sand. Smashed it! 

@IshraqueFlawless! When the challenge asked for power you gave the right amount ,  applied a touch of finesse and drove your car very very well. Bravo.

@Zixuan Huang - CharlieAn easy day at the office for you Charlie, well done. 

Many many thanks to my support team today @Kailas who was on hand to handle the couple of small refusals we had, A quiet day was needed after your early morning Abu Dhabi drive, Thank you for making the huge effort to support the drive and I'm pleased the convoy performed so well so that you had a quiet time of it. @Melenanywho swept everything at the back, kept me informed re the convoy and offered words of encouragement to drivers. Special mention to @rajeshkumar rathodwho was my second lead. I know it was your first time in this role and you did a great job, changing the track when I asked and keeping a good distance to allow me to make changes when I needed to. Fantastic job , well done. Oh and you had a great drive too haha. 

Finally a massive thank you to the convoy for listening to and following instructions, for driving so well and for allowing me to take you out of your comfort zone! Chilling but thrilling, that's how I like a Newbie drive ;) 

Fossil Rock? ✔️ 

Until our next adventure 😎

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thank you @Foxtrot Oscarfor the drive today, I miss the slopes so much! trust me I have not done this much of side sloping since the last drive with you.

I think everyone drove very well today, only very few refusals/stucks, and they were all self recovered under the instruction from senior members, and the drive was really chilling, thank you @Kailas @Melenany

BTW I have take 100+ of pictures and videos that my phone got overheated (not my car🙃), will do the upload tomorrow to the gallery 

Edited by Zixuan Huang - Charlie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use