•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Lisaili - Dubai - 2 July 2021

Jeepie

Looking forward to the drive tomorrow morning...

I've just fitted Yoko Geolandar G015's and tomorrow will be my first drive using these tyres. Am keen to see how they perform especially after hearing majority positive reviews... Does anyone in this drive ride on these (or similar all terrain) tyres, and can suggest an optimum pressure? Of course there'll be trial and error. Previously, 13PSI worked well for me - that was on regular (road) tyres. So looking for input and opinions... thanks 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Gregory said:

I've just fitted Yoko Geolandar G015's and tomorrow will be my first drive using these tyres. Am keen to see how they perform especially after hearing majority positive reviews... Does anyone in this drive ride on these (or similar all terrain) tyres, and can suggest an optimum pressure? Of course there'll be trial and error. Previously, 13PSI worked well for me - that was on regular (road) tyres. So looking for input and opinions... thanks 

@GregoryI drive with Cooper A/T and normally run around 11 and seems to work though I have bead lockers so less likelihood of any pop outs so the rims are something you should also consider.

• Thanks (+1) 1

@Gregory When I got the Geolanders(285/70R17) for my swb Wrangler, initially for the first 2 drives I kept them relatively higher (12 Psi for 1st, then 11 Psi for 2nd) due to New tires having to adjust into rims or something. This tire pressure worked marvelously for most part, but I did had some traction issues (esp soft sand & Hill climbs). After which, through trial n error and Marshal’s advice, I found my sweet spot (9 Psi Rear, 10 Psi Front), now I dont face any traction issues.

So I say, keep it at 12 for your 1st drive and then reduce further if you feel some traction issues. 10 Psi happens to be the sweet spot for G015’s though.

*Warning: Lower Psi = Higher risk of pop outs

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Jeepie Expert Jeep Wrangler SWB green 1
Abdul Rafay-S Fewbie Jeep Wrangler SWB SL
Yawa Fewbie Jeep Wrangler SWB 3
Anoop Nair Fewbie Jeep Wrangler LWB 4
Gregory Fewbie Mitsubishi Pajero LWB 5
Mohamed Seidam Advance Nissan Xterra CF
Matthew Ticehurst Fewbie Jeep Wrangler JK 7
Will Seivewright Fewbie Ford Raptor 150 8
Russ Fewbie Ford 150 Raptor 9
Ranjan Das Fewbie Jeep Wrangler 2 d white SW

This will be the convoy for tomorrow, we are using radio channel 2

@Yawa @Abdul Rafay-S @Gregory @Matt.T @Russ @M.Seidam @Ranjan Das @Will Seivewright @Anoop Nair

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gregory said:

Hi Gregory, I drive with Geolander G0 15 in the front and Dunlopp in the back and deflate to 9,5 on all of them. But better to start at 12 or 11 and deflate further when you need to.

• Like (+1) 1

@Yawa @Abdul Rafay-S @Gregory @Matt.T @Russ @M.Seidam @Ranjan Das @Will Seivewright @Anoop Nair  I hope you enjoyed this drive as much as I did. Different types of terrain; very soft in places, but everyone did quite well.  Little  bit of ridge riding, crisss crossing and lots of bowls with sidesloping and hopefully some fun. There were some old tracks but I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't too bad. We also did a few technical and quite bumpy areas. A couple of refusals and re-attemps, A bit of shoveling but we didn't need a rope or a winch. The jack had to come out for a pop-out of Yawa, but that was really swiftly dealt with by Mohamed and Ranjan. Great support from both of you. And Abdul did a perfect job as second lead. I am proud of us!😃

Some pictures posted in the gallery. 

Hope to see you again soon

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use