•  

COVID19 Compliant - Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Murquab - Dubai - 03 Jul 2021

Anish S

Thank you so much @Anish S for this wonderful day/night drive It was good technical dunes choose by you. Everyone drive very well.  Part of our learning some refusals and stuck was there all these was recovered very quickly. 

Also thanks to @Chris Wing and @Fredericfor your support and guidance. 

Appreciate the patience of every member during refusals/stuck.

Stay Safe, See you next time  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you very much @Anish S and @Frederic for the beautiful drive of yesterday. Really enjoyable and quite technical, presenting all necessary challenges. A very nice pace and a stunning sun set. No better way to en-up the week-end!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hello @Chris Wing @Ammar Naji @Pierre de Maigret @Arshad Roojee @Sunil Mathew @Nihal17 @Zed & @Frederic

I hope you got some good rest after the long and challenging drive. I would like to thank everyone for joining and coming early for the drive. We started the drive from Murquab at a slow pace to warm up and to avoid vegetation before reaching the play area nearby. After which, we crossed a technical area in order to enjoy the dunes in Lisaili area and  all of you coped with all the challenges thrown to you.

The first half of the drive went smoothly and observing all drivers performing well, I decided to increase the pace and the hurdles. We got the opportunity for some more crisscrossing and few easy ridge riding where all of us  got a feel of riding on the ridge. Towards the last hour of the drive, we got most of the refusal and stuck leading to an extension to a night drive until we could exit in Qudra.

Overall, It was a very good mixture of different nature of terrain and challenges. We encountered from small tight dunes to tall long wide range dunes as well. We got few refusals and stuck from which we get to learn by self recovering, observing and also helping. All refusal and stuck are unique, which always give us the chance to take something new back as our experience.  It was so nice to see how  Ammar was surfing through the desert with his massive car, keep it up.

I am very impressed by the team spirit that all of you showed to help in managing different recoveries and especially when at one point there was 2 refusals at the same time to recover. All of you were proactively getting your shovels, offer for help and took turns to shovel .  It was great to see Zed showing interest in learning and performing rope recovery which he had the opportunity to practise and it was executed perfectly.

Last but not least, big thanks to Frederic for his exceptional support and for always being inspiring. Thank you Chris for being a great second lead and your assistance with recoveries.

Take care, See you all in some other drive, Stay Safe.

Screenshot_20210705-223552_2.png.18f6045ff06d5a85e28e35add4f36168.pngScreenshot_20210705-223605_2.png.139026e31594b2ebc3bef4201db4d89f.png

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Anish S , @Chris Wing & @Frederic for leading the drive, it was well worth it coming from Abu Dhabi 🙂. Glad to help anytime, the rated recovery points and the towing power of Land Cruiser should be put to use whenever the right opportunity appears 😅  Looking forward to driving with you guys again on Saturday afternoons (pending wife's approval 😂)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks Anish. I truly enjoyed every bit of the afternoon drive. I appreciate your efforts to push me outside my comfort zone to learn new techniques such as ridge riding. Also, I got to experience night driving for the second time!

Excellent track/location selection from your end as well.

@Frederic it was good seeing you again and thanks for the tips and patience.

See you soon on the sand.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use