•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - NOT the usual "easy" Qudra drive - Dubai - 2 Jul 2021

Ale Vallecchi

8 minutes ago, Marwan Haddad said:

had to drop.. hope you guys enjoy it :) 

Car issue sorted @Marwan Haddad  ?? i remember you mentioning fuel pump issue, and loss of power during our last drive

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sunil Mathew said:

Car issue sorted @Marwan Haddad  ?? i remember you mentioning fuel pump issue, and loss of power during our last drive

I felt a good difference post changing the fuel pump, but not a game changer. the mechanic says it might be one of the gear output chips, but to be honest i am not sure.However, this is not the reason as i will ship the car to Jordan today where i will spend 5 weeks driving around the country northern mountains and southern desert (Wadi Rum). if you are planning to come along give me a buzz :) 

• WOW (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

28 minutes ago, Marwan Haddad said:

I felt a good difference post changing the fuel pump, but not a game changer. the mechanic says it might be one of the gear output chips, but to be honest i am not sure.However, this is not the reason as i will ship the car to Jordan today where i will spend 5 weeks driving around the country northern mountains and southern desert (Wadi Rum). if you are planning to come along give me a buzz :) 

Enjoy your vacation 🙂.. hope you have some good adventurous drives !!!

Lot of places to visit in my bucket list and Jordan is one of them  🙂... Will have detailed discussions once you return, ...just being keen on the experiences of fellow wranglerinos !!!

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/27/2021 at 7:29 PM, Ale Vallecchi said:

Hi @JeromeFJ. You will be #2 on the WL. Thanks a lot.

Dear @Alfred Alinazar, you will be #1 on the WL. Thanks a lot.

Hello @Alfred Alinazar. Due to a double sign-up, there is now a spot on the drive, so I can sign you up already. This means that @JeromeFJ, you are now #1 on the WL. Thanks to both.

Dear @JeromeFJ, there is a spot open for this Friday's drive. Would you like to sign-up? Thanks a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Desertnauts.

Just a quick few words about what's to come this Friday. As mentioned in the drive's post, the goal is to show that Qudra, the place usually chosen because of the possibility to enjoy its low dunes at sunset, and its lakes for picnics, our usual introductory ground to off-roading, has several surprises to offer, even for the more advanced drivers.

Most of the itinerary, surely the first part, will be the same as the one we use for the Absolute Newbie drives. The differences, here, will be the speed and the skills we'll adopt: faster, and including criss-crossing and ridge riding. With the goal of completing the AN drive in a much shorter time, what will be left of our planned 3 or so hours, will still be driven in challenging terrain, likely to the south of the bike track, close to the pylons, and possibly all the way to Solar Park, or even beyond it. 

Welcome to @Paolo Pellegrini, @Sunil Mathew, @Chinthaka Ruwan, @Tareck, @Ben84, @Chris Wing, @luis mantecon, @TT_Dubai, @Alfred Alinazar and @JeromeFJ

The convoy order will follow tomorrow, as well as the final instructions about the meeting point, and the radio channel. Have a nice evening.

• Like (+1) 6
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Dear Desertnauts

Here is tomorrow's convoy order:

@Chinthaka Ruwan will be Second Lead

@Alfred Alinazar at #3

@Paolo Pellegrini at #4

@TT_Dubai will be #5

@Tareck #6

@Hisham Masaad will be Center Forward

@Ben84 at #8

@Sunil Mathew will drive at #9

@luis mantecon with jersey #10

@JeromeFJ at #11, and

@Chris Wing will Sweep the group.

The radio will be tuned to Carnity Channel #3 (446056). 

Once you reach the meeting point, please consider it will be in the vicinity of Carnity's Absolute Newbie convoy, as well. Please identify my far (Grey FJ with purple and red flags), and line up behind it, on the same side of the road. I will direct the AN's on the other side of the road. 

Have a grea end of the week, and see you tomorrow, at 5:00AM SHARP.

• Like (+1) 6

Back home safe and sound. Thank you very much to @Ale Vallecchifor this wonderful drive in Al Qudra very well supported by @Hisham Masaad @Chris Wingand all the rest of the drivers, because today all have supported me incredibly. Thank you again, when things don’t go well you see even more you are surrounded by awesome people. See you on the dunes when my poor Jeep is in better shape 😉

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

It was a nice drive with beautiful morning view and wildlife. Also an experience for all the team. @Ale Vallecchi and @Hisham Masaad did a great great job and I have no words to express it. @Chris Wing did great as Sweep.  All the team members did great as a team. Always happy to be a part of Carnity.  

I have  some pictures of the drive and I'll upload  to the gallery soon. See you all on sand soon.  Have a happy weekend. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thank you @Ale Vallecchi for the drive this morning. It was a good idea to return to this Al Qudra area, and to enjoy the sunrise and the wildlife. The roller coasting dunes were still there, and the crests have shown that they are never easy to handle. 

Thanks @Hisham Masaad,  @Chris Wing and all for the support, @luis mantecon hope to see you back on the sand very soon.

IMG_8075.jpg

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use