•  

COVID19 Compliant - Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Escape from Lisaili - Dubai - 29 Jun 2021

Ale Vallecchi

1 minute ago, Ranjan Das said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi, work related developments, wouldn't be able to make it tomorrow. Have removed myself from the drive.

Hope to catch up soon. wish you all a great simulating drive.

Copy that @Ranjan Das. See you next time.

47 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Hi @GauravSoni. I can put you in Sweep 😅

So @GauravSoni are you IN? Thanks a lot

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts.

As you may have experienced, Lisaili offers a diversity of terrains, with a variety of difficulties. The northern border of the plateau, closest to the pylons' track, can easily go from easy to drive, with long range dunes, to challenging, with tight and low technical dunes. Once well on top of the plateau, in the direction of Lisaili proper, the track usually follows the length of the pylons, until it reaches the camel-drome, and forces an exit on the pylon track itself.

We plan to escape Lisaili's treacherous northern border, by entering close to Solar Park (next to the "Three Trees"), driving deep into the plateau, keeping  a bit further away from the northern border, and once closer to Lisaili, we'll turn east, to cross a patch of more technical dunes, until we'll reach (Inshallah) the tall and open dunes of Murqab, which we'll cross and drive around to end our itinerary. All kinds of skills will be required, including great control, to move fast across the chosen terrains, and manage our escapade.

Given the ability and experience of the convoy's drivers, I've expanded the convoy to include the waitlisted members.

Therefore, we'll drive as follows:

@Chinthaka Ruwan in Second Lead

@Lakshmi Narasimhan at #3

@Anoop Nair at #4

@Darren Brooke will be #5

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie at #6

@JeromeFJ is #7

@PaoloMaraziti at #8

@Ranjan Das will be #9, and 

@Zed will Sweep at #10

By the way, @Zed and @Chinthaka Ruwan please confirm it's OK for you to join the drive.

We'll all meet just off of the tarmac road from Qudra to Solar Park, and will select the radio channel once at the meeting point.

@Ale Vallecchi Confirm. I'll attend for the drive. Thanks. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Copy that @Ranjan Das. See you next time.

So @GauravSoni are you IN? Thanks a lot

Yes absolutely!

1 hour ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Hi @GauravSoni. I can put you in Sweep 😅

Always ready !!!

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

6 minutes ago, Anoop Nair said:

Hi Ale @Ale Vallecchisome urgent work has come up for tomorrow unable to bail out from there, so will not be able to make it for drive tomorrow. I will remove myself and hoping to see you soon on sand.🙄

Hi @Anoop Nair. Thanks for informing. See you next time.

Hi Ale @Ale Vallecchi can i join your drive today as this will be my only drive for this week. There is a situation i am not sure that i am still waiting for my promotion to fewbie level, i have completed 5 newbie(3 night drives) and 1 Absolute newbie drives. But for sure both me and car are ready for more challenges.

Important Information

Terms of use