•  

COVID19 Compliant - Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Escape from Lisaili - Dubai - 29 Jun 2021

Ale Vallecchi

21 minutes ago, shu yang said:

Hi Ale @Ale Vallecchi can i join your drive today as this will be my only drive for this week. There is a situation i am not sure that i am still waiting for my promotion to fewbie level, i have completed 5 newbie(3 night drives) and 1 Absolute newbie drives. But for sure both me and car are ready for more challenges.

Hello @shu yang. Unfortunately your promotion's application has not yet run its full course. You would hear back very soon from @Gaurav, but being the drive itself this afternoon, I am unable to sign you up. I am sure you'll understand. I am looking forward to having you in my next drive. 

@Ale Vallecchi Thanks for another great drive. Wonderful terrain. Everyone did great.  Thanks @Lakshmi Narasimhan and  @GauravSoni for your advices. Its always  happy to see all the familiar faces on the sand again. See you all form next drive. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

thanks again @Ale Vallecchi for lead @GauravSoni for sweep. Thanks both for accomodating an exit, looking back I think it was perfect timing:

1. If my son wasn't sea-sick, I wouldn't have stopped. Stopping made me realize I had a flat tyre (this morning PSI still intact meaning no soft puncture - hey I guess Method's BeadGrip works well and prevented me a pop-out 😂  cc @Mus_hus78 for more fire to fuel 🔥)

2. If I didn't ask to exit, this might continue to be a Night Drive 😂😂

Thank you Everyone too, you all did great as we come home on time ☺️

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Ale Vallecchi really fun drive with some great ridge riding and criss crossing and then a bit of tecky stuff thrown in for good measure

Love these mid week drives - just breaks the week up 😃

Well done @Chinthaka Ruwanat 2nd lead and as always reassuring to have @Gaurav Soniat sweep

Cant finish this post without mention of my first pop out - having seen a few being fixed before it was good to be able to do this one for myself. Thanks to everyone who assisted and expert guidance from @Ale Vallecchiand @Gaurav Soni. Will keep and extra PSI or 2 in the tyres going forward 💪

See you all in the sand soon 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Darren Brooke said:

@Ale Vallecchi really fun drive with some great ridge riding and criss crossing and then a bit of tecky stuff thrown in for good measure

Love these mid week drives - just breaks the week up 😃

Well done @Chinthaka Ruwanat 2nd lead and as always reassuring to have @Gaurav Soniat sweep

Cant finish this post without mention of my first pop out - having seen a few being fixed before it was good to be able to do this one for myself. Thanks to everyone who assisted and expert guidance from @Ale Vallecchiand @Gaurav Soni. Will keep and extra PSI or 2 in the tyres going forward 💪

See you all in the sand soon 

And so, it happens :)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thank you @Ale Vallecchi for the drive yesterday. The perfect afternoon escape in the middle of the week ! These double sided soft crests were tricky, but excellent opportunity to exercise balance and momentum. And the timing was perfect, with the arrival at the Murqab mosque in the evening light!

@PaoloMaraziti, thank you for the footage, that little grey FJ looks like a toy car having a lot of fun 😄😂 !!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Escape from Lisaili - Midweek Drive Report

"From the moment you entered this world of existence, a ladder was put in front of you so you could escape" - Rumi

Dear Desertanuts,

Escaping was the plan: first of all, from the routine of our weekdays, and once given that opportunity, escaping from one of the most diverse desert areas in Dubai, through its technical areas, via its furthest reaches, across a mix of technical dunes, long range cordons, and sabkhas, all the way to Murqab's mosque. The plan was to reach it at sunset, and so we did. 

This itinerary was almost entirely an exploration drive, and indeed it "flowed" a little less smoothly than more practiced tracks. Entering the area from the Three Trees side, we went in towards Solar Park, instead of in Lisaili's direction. Then turned north-east, to reach an area with lots of trees, well away from the pylon track (closer to the "chimney" area of Solar Park's new phases), from there we aimed back in toward Lisaili, but turned east again, upon running into an area of large sabkhas and low dunes, which was the gateway to reaching Murqab's tall, bushy, long range dunes and bowls. Most of the terrain was quite technical, with the added challenge of having to ride and cross ridges made soft and shifty by the strong wind, which had created an accumulation of fine sand forming a "step" on the hard-face of the dunes. This was an unusual situation, which I found myself facing for the first time, and which clearly was "designed" to make our escape a little more difficult.

The convoy behaved extremely well, responding to each different environment with minimal refusals, and with just the need to stop three times, for a pop-out repair, and for a couple of tugs.

Thanks to @Chinthaka Ruwan for a clean Second Lead, to @GauravSoni for a very reassuring Sweep, and a very well deserved thanks to the rest of the convoy - @Lakshmi Narasimhan, @Zixuan Huang - Charlie, @JeromeFJ, @PaoloMaraziti, @Darren Brooke, and @Zed. Great driving, and ability to adapt to the different terrains.

See you soon out there. Enjoy the rest of your week.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Escape from Lisaili - Midweek Drive Report

"From the moment you entered this world of existence, a ladder was put in front of you so you could escape" - Rumi

Dear Desertanuts,

Escaping was the plan: first of all, from the routine of our weekdays, and once given that opportunity, escaping from one of the most diverse desert areas in Dubai, through its technical areas, via its furthest reaches, across a mix of technical dunes, long range cordons, and sabkhas, all the way to Murqab's mosque. The plan was to reach it at sunset, and so we did. 

This itinerary was almost entirely an exploration drive, and indeed it "flowed" a little less smoothly than more practiced tracks. Entering the area from the Three Trees side, we went in towards Solar Park, instead of in Lisaili's direction. Then turned north-east, to reach an area with lots of trees, well away from the pylon track (closer to the "chimney" area of Solar Park's new phases), from there we aimed back in toward Lisaili, but turned east again, upon running into an area of large sabkhas and low dunes, which was the gateway to reaching Murqab's tall, bushy, long range dunes and bowls. Most of the terrain was quite technical, with the added challenge of having to ride and cross ridges made soft and shifty by the strong wind, which had created an accumulation of fine sand forming a "step" on the hard-face of the dunes. This was an unusual situation, which I found myself facing for the first time, and which clearly was "designed" to make our escape a little more difficult.

The convoy behaved extremely well, responding to each different environment with minimal refusals, and with just the need to stop three times, for a pop-out repair, and for a couple of tugs.

Thanks to @Chinthaka Ruwan for a clean Second Lead, to @GauravSoni for a very reassuring Sweep, and a very well deserved thanks to the rest of the convoy - @Lakshmi Narasimhan, @Zixuan Huang - Charlie, @JeromeFJ, @PaoloMaraziti, @Darren Brooke, and @Zed. Great driving, and ability to adapt to the different terrains.

See you soon out there. Enjoy the rest of your week.

@Ale Vallecchiyour drive brief, pre brief, drive directions, post drive report are equally eye catching like your leading the drive on sand. I love all your exploratory drive theam, planning, execution and exit. As usual it was wonderful and refreshing mid week drive. It is assured that your mid week drives defeats the heat of the sun and is full of fun, thrill and learning. Thanks to the entire convoy for being part of the fun drive.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use