•  
Advertise here

Air Filter Tights/Stocking/Shower Cap Trick :)

Zed

Well we know we're supposed to knock gently the air filter after _EVERY_ drive to shake off the sand, but any trick to prolong that Procrastination helps to extend that mundant task to 3-5 drives later on 😅 . So what do you guys do to cover your air filter from sucking up too much sand? A filter for the air filter you may say! Today I'm gonna test if covering up the air filter with lady's tights/stocking will degrade the performance vs filtering much sand worth-it-or-not discussion. Joining @Anish S's Fewbie drive and let's see if this hack will survive the drive and keep much sand out or not 😁

See pics below if i'm talking gibberish to you 😹

Photo 1: air filter "naked", this much sand for a newbie drive:

D706EE6F-CAD6-4A68-BAE7-B9041D874A61.jpeg.7c56427f510a686792a53b1d2c4c8523.jpeg

Photo 2: let's put some filter for the air filter 😁 , using lady's stocking but a showe cap will also do i guess...

9B153D75-5FB0-40BB-B2E4-07E589C96B80.jpeg.ecd4c73e0b70f3247d0b85ff7eefa619.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

Hello Zed, i hope you are testing this first on normal roads, probably with some stints of hard acceleration ?

As the suction picks up at high revs , it should not collapse, or come off its securing end and roll up in the middle ?

just some loud thinking.

2 minutes ago, Sunil Mathew said:

Hello Zed, i hope you are testing this first on normal roads, probably with some stints of hard acceleration ?

As the suction picks up at high revs , it should not collapse, or come off its securing end and roll up in the middle ?

just some loud thinking.

Yups i'll be driving from Abu Dhabi to Dubai for 2 hours @ 140 km/h so that's already some testing before coming to the desert 😁

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

3485612A-E574-4E81-9A58-365288D4B1F4.jpeg.73031427b201543ec3c332e8679a21fb.jpegJust make sure your stockings don’t come falling off and ending up in the face of the one sweeping the convoy !

• Haha (+1) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

17 minutes ago, sertac said:

I suggest you to use original filter of your car instead of this aftermarket one. These are more prone to suck sand in to the Engine. 

Unfortunately this came with the package when i was doing custom headers & exhaust... but i still have the original air filter housing... will try it out for a year before going back to stock 😂

Edited by Zed

6 minutes ago, Frederic said:

3485612A-E574-4E81-9A58-365288D4B1F4.jpeg.73031427b201543ec3c332e8679a21fb.jpegJust make sure your stockings don’t come falling off and ending up in the face of the one sweeping the convoy !

@Frederic i'll be gentle today, especially since your car was subjected to additional 2 hours of Abu Dhabi heat while loaning to @Gaurav bhai, hope he told you how that story went 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

My advise, don't use stocking cover please. These YT hacks and stunts are most dangerous stuff you will ever do.

It starts with 1 fake claim of X additional HP with free flow filter and to achieve that "unknown" "unsaid" "non-tested" fictional gain owner tend to do 100 wrong moves.

Totally agree with @sertac to switch to original stock dry paper filter, and clean after 4-5 drives easy (as u asked above), as factory filter box has enough space underneath to hold 100 - 200 grams of sand, even half a kg (I guess).

Many have busted their engine (incl. me) for these fictitious gains, that will only come when you also put chip + 100 other mods + 200 star aligned in one line.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

My advise, don't use stocking cover please. These YT hacks and stunts are most dangerous stuff you will ever do.

It starts with 1 fake claim of X additional HP with free flow filter and to achieve that "unknown" "unsaid" "non-tested" fictional gain owner tend to do 100 wrong moves.

Totally agree with @sertac to switch to original stock dry paper filter, and clean after 4-5 drives easy (as u asked above), as factory filter box has enough space underneath to hold 100 - 200 grams of sand, even half a kg (I guess).

Many have busted their engine (incl. me) for these fictitious gains, that will only come when you also put chip + 100 other mods + 200 star aligned in one line.

thanks, always good advice bhai 👍🏻

• Like (+1) 1