•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Finding Bambi - Dubai - 10 Jul 2021

13 hours ago, Paul Zeitoun said:

Hi @Islam Soliman, heads up i might not be able to join you finding Bambi for medical reasons. Will be able to confirm later today

Hi @Paul Zeitoun, can you please let us know, if you will be joining the drive. Thanks

Good evening all,

Please find the convoy list for tomorrow's drive. Please note the starting time has been updated to 4:45 AM.

1. @Kailas

2. @Rawad-SL

3. @Ishraque

4.  @GauravSoni

5. @Luc Khaldoun

6. @Anoop Nair
7. @Goutam-CF

8. @Adhir Saxena

9. @Darren Brooke-SW

We will be on channel 1. See you all tomorrow.

Cheers!

• Like (+1) 1

What a great drive we had today. Warmed up a bit in the early morning without any hiccups and as the day progressed @Kailas increased the level and everyone just went with it. We saw an excellent tutorial on ridge riding and crisscrossing with step by step increase in the difficulty making sure everyone was comfortably made it to the other side. 

I had an opportunity to brush up many of the necessary off-road skills including recoveries. Thanks to you @Kailas for this wonderful drive.

@Darren Brooke, you were great in the sweep, you kept a keen eye on the convoy, and mostly it was you guiding others when they faced refusals. For the beast of a car that you drive, you are a superior driver, yes.

Good to see you @Gaurav Soni, it was some time since I drove with you. It was wonderful of you to give relevant advices to other members. Your experience in overwhelming numbers of drives shows obviously. I learn a lot from you.

@Anoop Nair  Your ridge-riding was impeccable. I had driven with you on a couple of newbie drives in Tawi Nazwa, 2nd Dec Cafe area you have definitely have come a long way since then and were able to self recover both your refusals with guidance from @Darren Brooke. A piece of advice from is to go reverse as far as you can on a level to moderately inclined plane when you face refusals. I find reverseing is easier than trying to move forward. 

@Luc Khaldoun, this is our 2nd drive together and definitely you shown you are a lot more comfortable with your car.

@Rawad & @Ishraque this was our first drive together and I had the privilege of towing you both today. You both had driven quite well today.

@Adhir Saxena this was our 2nd drive. You seemed to be in an excited state at the back.

I had my kid and his friends come along to give company. Back of my jeep is quite cramped, and makes someone new and not used to claustrophobic and sick due to the tinted glasses as well as a small bench. But unlike previous occasions we managed the issues quite well and they had good fun on this drive.

Edited by Goutam
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

We drove for around 4 hours covering 57.46 km of which  moving time was approximately 3 hours with a moving average of 83%. I did not stop the tracking app in time so the times are approximates. Gaia Maps recording for your review.

32913476_Screenshot2021-07-10at8_55_29PM.png

• Well Done (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

Important Information

Terms of use