•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Finding Bambi - Dubai - 10 Jul 2021

1 hour ago, Goutam said:

What a great drive we had today. Warmed up a bit in the early morning without any hiccups and as the day progressed @Kailas increased the level and everyone just went with it. We saw an excellent tutorial on ridge riding and crisscrossing with step by step increase in the difficulty making sure everyone was comfortably made it to the other side. 

I had an opportunity to brush up many of the necessary off-road skills including recoveries. Thanks to you @Kailas for this wonderful drive.

@Darren Brooke, you were great in the sweep, you kept a keen eye on the convoy, and mostly it was you guiding others when they faced refusals. For the beast of a car that you drive, you are a superior driver, yes.

Good to see you @Gaurav Soni, it was some time since I drove with you. It was wonderful of you to give relevant advices to other members. Your experience in overwhelming numbers of drives shows obviously. I learn a lot from you.

@Anoop Nair  Your ridge-riding was impeccable. I had driven with you on a couple of newbie drives in Tawi Nazwa, 2nd Dec Cafe area you have definitely have come a long way since then and were able to self recover both your refusals with guidance from @Darren Brooke. A piece of advice from is to go reverse as far as you can on a level to moderately inclined plane when you face refusals. I find reverseing is easier than trying to move forward. 

@Luc Khaldoun, this is our 2nd drive together and definitely you shown you are a lot more comfortable with your car.

@Rawad & @Ishraque this was our first drive together and I had the privilege of towing you both today. You both had driven quite well today.

@Adhir Saxena this was our 2nd drive. You seemed to be in an excited state at the back.

I had my kid and his friends come along to give company. Back of my jeep is quite cramped, and makes someone new and not used to claustrophobic and sick due to the tinted glasses as well as a small bench. But unlike previous occasions we managed the issues quite well and they had good fun on this drive.

Thank you @Goutam for the kind words and advise. You are absolutely right about reversing for self recovery, I tend to try the forward first due to the lack of visibility towards the back, but going forward will try to do forward or reverse depending on the incline. 

the drive was a delight today as we covered all the essential elements such as ridge riding, criss-crossing etc. Thanks @Kailasfor your cool demeaner and patience to show us the ropes. thanks @Darren Brooke for his clear instructions and willingness to come and explain if something goes wrong. Thanks @Gaurav Soni its always a pleasure driving with you and presence of this many seniors in this short convoy has given us a lot of confidence. @Rawad @Ishraque @Luc Khaldoun @Adhir Saxena most of you, we have been together in many drives in recent past and its always a pleasure to have you as company. Hoping to see you soon in the desert...Cheers

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Good afternoon all,

First of all, thank you all for reaching on time. Without any delay we were able to start the drive. I was blessed to have @Goutam, @GauravSoni & @Darren Brooke in the drive. Having them, I never had to worry about refusals & stucks and it carefully executed by them. I could relax and take care only on the lead part.

As we had new fewbies  @Ishraque & @Luc Khaldoun , we began the drive at a newbie level. As we kept moving, I began increasing the level of difficulty. At one point we even entered a slightly technical area and came out without any issue. We had very littlie refusals and stucks.

Then it was time to get hands on ridge riding and criss crossing. We began by finding a nice dune and practicing one by one. Every one comfortably did these exercise. Then we did the same exercise on the move. The convoy did not have any difficulty. At this point I was confident to step up the level, and from there we tackled all the ridges and criss crossed where ever we got a chance until the finish point. 

@Goutam, thanks for the nice writeup, saves me from putting up the stats.

@Rawad you were a fantastic SL, your response time was really good. I could cross some difficult dunes knowing you would exit or re route if anything goes wrong. Well done mate.

@Ishraque it good to see you adapt quickly to JKU from ford expedition. 

@Luc Khaldoun good to see you handling the beast without any issue. I'm sure you were never shy on gas.

Again to @Ishraque& @Luc Khaldoun, you both drove like experienced fewbies. Well done.

@Anoop Nair, its my first time driving with you. Managing a manual vehicle is not very easy, you did well. 

@Adhir Saxena, With the number of drives I had put you in the back. I am sure you would have faced some challenges like churned sand. But you had no issues at all. Well done mate.

@Darren Brooke thanks for your support on sweeping. Hope your vehicle is alright.

Cheers. See you all soon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use