•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Al Fayah - Abu Dhabi - 09 Jul 2021

Frederic

On 7/4/2021 at 7:14 PM, Mario Cornejo said:

@Frederic can you please waitlist me, 2nd drive.  Thank you.

🙋‍♂️ ...no space for waitlisted drivers? :) PCR test done last night just in case

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Just to build suspense for tomorrow about the potentially-hostile desert of Al Faya Abu Dhabi... 👇🏻😊

https://www.gulftoday.ae/en/news/2020/07/06/missing-62-year-old-emirati-rescued-from-abu-dhabi-desert

853C15E6-4074-48E4-A20C-825CF45E1A4D.png.b70ddc57ef27e26d9730874e0162537d.png

• WOW (+2) 3

44 minutes ago, Mario Cornejo said:

🙋‍♂️ ...no space for waitlisted drivers? :) PCR test done last night just in case

How could I forget ! 
Sorry my friend I will add you to the drive now !

• Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

3 hours ago, Rizwanm2 said:

sorry @Frederic Change in weekend plans for me. ☹️  see you next time. 

@M.Seidam bro enjoy the drive and get some nice pics. im sure it will be an epic drive. 

Enjoy the weekend dear @Rizwanm2 expect some snaps from me and also I will through stones on your behalf in the black hole 🕳🤣

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Thank you @Frederic, @M.Seidamand the rest of the convoy for an exciting drive today.

My first drive in AD was well worth it. Was tricky crossing the pipeline in the beginning. Whoever built that was successful in deterring vehicles from crossing over. A few scrapes and dings but managed across. Was helpful for the folks that were rerouted by Fred. 

I found the drive interesting especially in terms of the technical parts as well as the speedway through which Fred had us do a few laps. 

Curious te see how this area would be characterised. 

Pleasure to meet some of you the first time. Looking forward to more drives! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

My first drive in Abu Dhabi @Frederic and what an amazing areas it offers for off roading!  I am really keen to return and hope to visit some of the legendary areas people talk about like Sweihan, Liwa, Bu Tais and others. 

Thank you for having us in the drive and take us to explore the Al Fayah area, the colour of the sand, technical and tall dunes resembled to many of us the Al Qudra desert and surrounding areas. 

@M.Seidam thank you for supporting the convoy, and rest of fellow drivers, it was a real pleasure to meet some of you for the first time!

I managed to take just a few pictures and have posted them in the gallery.

Bye for now and hope to see you in future drives!

Edited by Mario Cornejo
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Abu Dhabi Al Fayah Trip 

leaving my home early morning heading to explore an area not driven in by Carnity    before by it self was quite exciting to me regardless the level of the drive. It turned out later that every thing can be doable when you have a bunch of enthusiastic experienced fellow drivers lead by an ambitious legend to explore new land. 

actually it was too , like some others , first time driving in the sand of Abudhabi and truly was not disappointing at all . 

the area where our lead took us felt so familiar to many of us in terms of the sand color and consistency as well as the type of dunes encountered. “ Al Qudra 2 “ 😎. Probably we looped a quite not small section but if the weather was allowing maybe in the coming winter we can make a day drive from Al Fayah up to Swehan and even further. image.jpeg.7146c9595a2b13dd7d6c729c16a01992.jpeg

Obviously every one was on time and I didn’t realize that the fenced gate opens by an imaginary remote control 🤣 that was in Frederic’s pocket 😊

The start needed small reroute to over come a long pipeline hidden under ground then we vanished inside to explore what was upcoming . As this level was Fewbie plus so whenever was possible we drove , we sloped , we rode ridges and crissed cross and did the “ ROUND & ROUND “ loop 👌

The beginning of the drive started with the rope twice to uncrest two vehicles and ended with the jack to fix a pop out . Apart from that couple refusals in super soft sand all self recovered with or without instructions in no time .

I really enjoyed the day and if the climate was better I wouldn’t have minded to do more . It was great pleasure meeting few new fellow drivers as well as catching up with the others I drove with them from quite a while. 

@Frederic thank you for leading this fantastic convoy . And it was a pleasure driving with you as far as I remember last time was my 4th NB drive in pink rock last year 😊

@Xavier Treasurer @Humayun Ghias @Mus_hus78 @Gaurav Soni @Mario Cornejo @Lakshmi Narasimhan @Zed @Farouq Owdeh

Thank you all for coming and sharing this lovely day 🙏

Cheers 👍🙏

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use