•  

COVID19 Compliant - Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - 100 Drives Celebration: Fun in Murqab and Lisaili - 9 Jul 2021

8 minutes ago, TT_Dubai said:

Hi @Ale VallecchiI have some family coming from AD on Friday so I have put myself in your morning drive and removed myself from this afternoon drive. Many thanks and congrats on the Centurion!

Thanks @TT_Dubai. See you soon.

On 7/4/2021 at 7:08 PM, Adhir Saxena said:

@Ale Vallecchi- can you please waitlist me? First drive for the week

Hello @Adhir Saxena. You can add yourself to the drive if you wish to confirm. One spot became available. Thanks a lot. 

On 7/4/2021 at 7:08 PM, Adhir Saxena said:

@Ale Vallecchi- can you please waitlist me? First drive for the week

6 minutes ago, Ali Abas said:

@Ale VallecchiI congratulate you on your 100th drive. 

I saw a free spot in the drive and I added my self

But now I see that there are some people on the wait list, Is there any chance for me as my first dive? 

Hi @Ali Abas. I will put you on the WL, and will sort it out by tomorrow. Thanks 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/6/2021 at 7:05 PM, Ale Vallecchi said:

The waitlist at the moment is the following:

@Rjducos#1

@Lakshmi Narasimhan #2

@Ali Abas#3

Thanks

Hi @Ale VallecchiI see Ali Abas is waiting for his first drive, so priority goes to him, kindly remove me from WL.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Dear Desertnauts

A few last minute info about tomorrow afternoon's drive. Meeting time will be 4:00 PM, but I hope we can manage to all arrive a few minutes before, so we can leave as soon as possible. The day will grow cooler soon, so we should not worry too much about the heat of the mid-afternoon.

The goal is to cross the tall Murqab's dunes in a north-westerly direction, aiming toward Lisaili, and before reaching it, to cross a couple of sabkhas, with long, low dunes, from where we will actually enter the Lisaili Plateau, in the direction of Solar Park. The added element of complexity of this drive will be the crossing of a relatively technical area, between Murqab and Lisaili, which we usually avoided by crossing it on the so called "Highway to Solar Park" sand track. Not this time.

As always on a new route, patience will be required. Other than this, we are looking to drive as far as we can, sunlight permitting. 

The convoy order will be the following:

@Chinthaka Ruwan in Second Lead

@Ammar Naji will be #3

@Charbel #4

@Anoop Nair will take #5

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie at #6

@darren thompson will anchor the convoy at Center Forward

@Abdul Rafay-S at #8

@Pierre de Maigret will be #9

@Adhir Saxena will drive as #10

@Ali Abas (if you still wish to join the drive, please confirm) at #11, and 

@Chris Wing will Sweep the convoy.

Our Carnity radio channel will be # 2 (446.031).  

See you all tomorrow afternoon. Enjoy the end of the week.

On 7/6/2021 at 6:51 PM, Ali Abas said:

@Ale VallecchiI congratulate you on your 100th drive. 

I saw a free spot in the drive and I added my self

But now I see that there are some people on the wait list, Is there any chance for me as my first dive? 

@Ali Abas, I will add you to the convoy list (see my latest post), if you confirm you wish yo join the drive. Thanks

• Like (+1) 4

Hi @Ale Vallecchi I can’t see myself on the convoy list though attending the drive as a confirmed rsvp

I think you’ve added@Darren Brooke by mistake though his definately the better Darren 😉

Edited by darren thompson

Important Information

Terms of use