•  

COVID19 Compliant - Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - 100 Drives Celebration: Fun in Murqab and Lisaili - 9 Jul 2021

15 minutes ago, darren thompson said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi I can’t see myself on the convoy list though attending the drive as a confirmed rsvp

I think you’ve added@Darren Brooke by mistake though his definately the better Darren 😉

YESSSSSS !!! 🤓 Yes I made a mistake. So Sorry. Of course you are in. Thanks for noticing this. 😊

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

50 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts

A few last minute info about tomorrow afternoon's drive. Meeting time will be 4:00 PM, but I hope we can manage to all arrive a few minutes before, so we can leave as soon as possible. The day will grow cooler soon, so we should not worry too much about the heat of the mid-afternoon.

The goal is to cross the tall Murqab's dunes in a north-westerly direction, aiming toward Lisaili, and before reaching it, to cross a couple of sabkhas, with long, low dunes, from where we will actually enter the Lisaili Plateau, in the direction of Solar Park. The added element of complexity of this drive will be the crossing of a relatively technical area, between Murqab and Lisaili, which we usually avoided by crossing it on the so called "Highway to Solar Park" sand track. Not this time.

As always on a new route, patience will be required. Other than this, we are looking to drive as far as we can, sunlight permitting. 

The convoy order will be the following:

@Chinthaka Ruwan in Second Lead

@Ammar Naji will be #3

@Charbel #4

@Anoop Nair will take #5

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie at #6

@Darren Brooke will anchor the convoy at Center Forward

@Abdul Rafay-S at #8

@Pierre de Maigret will be #9

@Adhir Saxena will drive as #10

@Ali Abas (if you still wish to join the drive, please confirm) at #11, and 

@Chris Wing will Sweep the convoy.

Our Carnity radio channel will be # 2 (446.031).  

See you all tomorrow afternoon. Enjoy the end of the week.

@Ali Abas, I will add you to the convoy list (see my latest post), if you confirm you wish yo join the drive. Thanks

Cool! Excited about this one, can’t wait to test out my new skid plate😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

33 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

YESSSSSS !!! 🤓 Yes I made a mistake. So Sorry. Of course you are in. Thanks for noticing this. 😊

I too got confused once

1 hour ago, Kalahari said:

Hi @Ale VallecchiI think you added me to the wrong drive 😂 I think I signed up for Saturday's drive?

Hi @Kalahari. You are right. Sorry, I posted the briefing on the wrong page. Sorry for this. 🙃

• Like (+1) 1

@Ale Vallecchi thanks for an enjoyable drive yesterday, was great to test myself in some technical stuff and get the raptor through some tight terrain as well as enjoy some of the bigger faster slopes. 

also enjoyed my first run out as CF and getting stuck in to helping others through the drive. 

thanks @Chris Wing @Chinthaka for the support throughout the drive

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use