•  

COVID19 Compliant - Afternoon Intermediate Desert Drive - 100 Drive Celebration Long Range Patrols - 10 Jul 2021

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: BAN POST

Two Way Radio Guidelines

• Every Off-roader brings his own radio, programmed to the frequencies described in below advice topic.
  • We will not share spare radios or program your radio on the drive. If you need assistance in programming the radio, post a topic on the Carnity website with your questions and we will help you out. 
  • Make sure your radio is fully charged. It will be your only way of communication while driving.
  • Before buying, please carefully read below advice so you are informed properly on which model / cost / shops...
  • No radio = No drive. It is an essential tool and you should make sure you bring it on every drive and learn/practice how to use it.

Drive Details

Level:  Intermediate Level and Above

When:  10 July 2021, Saturday.

Meeting time: 3:30 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Action Plan: After finding out this week will be my 100th drive with Carnity, I chose to celebrate this occasion with as many members as possible. Hence I was given permission to post 3 drives, one for each rank, and have fun with those who will sign up, across 3 of my favorite routes. This one will look to cover as much ground as possible, from starting time to sunset, racing through Murqab, Lisaili, Solar Park and Qudra (not sure yet in which order).

Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/2CqCzNyNdRvqTEE78

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 7:30PM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. WE WILL STARTING AND ENDING THE DRIVE AT THE SAME POINT, WHICH IS NOT CLOSE TO AN AIR LINE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMPRESSOR, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE. IF YOU ARRIVE AND HAVE NO COMPRESSOR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 Intermediates and above drivers. RSVP will close on Tuesday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR 

• Gaurav changed the title to COVID19 Compliant - Afternoon Intermediate Desert Drive - 100 Drive Celebration Long Range Patrols - 10 Jul 2021
20 hours ago, Gok Krish said:

Pls waitlist me for 2nd drive in the weekend...tks

Hello @Gok Krish, You are #1 on the WL. Thanks

19 hours ago, Ashok chaturvedi said:

Wish to what list as for 2nd Drive. Ashok 

Hello @Ashok chaturvedi, You are #2 on the WL. Thanks

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Desertnauts -  @Mario Cornejo, @Jorge Stepniak Felippe, @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ, @Craig Finlayson, @Thomas Varghese, @Melenany, @Amir Amiri, @Kalahari - Welcome to the 100th Carnity drive celebration.

While I usually provide a detailed preview of the drive, this time the briefing is simple: have fun, and enjoy together the most beautiful parts of the Sharjah and Dubai sands. As some of the most fun IM drives we did have been the "Long Range Patrol" series, I have thought it fitting for a celebration to bring on a new installment of this series.

To get us in the mood for a hot, dusty, afternoon I'd like to share with you a bit of the history of the LDRG: "For weeks, the LRDG carried out reconnaissance patrols in the heart of the Libyan desert, penetrating enemy territory through the ‘Qattara Depression’, an astonishing natural feature 150 miles long, half as broad, and 450 feet below the Mediterranean at its deepest point. It was a pin-prick on the earth’s surface but a crueler, more desolate spot would be hard to imagine, particularly in July under the midday sun."

Now, we hope to find our route more hospitable than the Qattara depression, nonetheless we'll move as fast and as silently as possible through the dunes of Murqab (and a new route at that), the Lisaili Plateau, and onward as much as the sunlight will allow us to, across Solar Park and Bab al Shams long range dunes.

The next instructions will provide the convoy order and radio channel. Until then, enjoy your week.

• Like (+1) 5

@Ale Vallecchi I truly wish I could join one of your ‘century drives’ (this one being my fav!) .. alas I will wait for the trip report to relive the experience and look forward to joining and supporting you towards 200!  Many congrats on this milestone and thank you  for supporting me and so many others on your route to 100! 
have fun all and be sure to make it a celebration! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GauravSoni said:

Please add me to waitlist @Ale Vallecchi !! Let us be part of the celebrations!! Intermediate style!! 

Hi @GauravSoni. You are #3 in the WL. Thanks

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts -  @Mario Cornejo, @Jorge Stepniak Felippe, @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ, @Craig Finlayson, @Thomas Varghese, @Melenany, @Amir Amiri, @Kalahari - Welcome to the 100th Carnity drive celebration.

While I usually provide a detailed preview of the drive, this time the briefing is simple: have fun, and enjoy together the most beautiful parts of the Sharjah and Dubai sands. As some of the most fun IM drives we did have been the "Long Range Patrol" series, I have thought it fitting for a celebration to bring on a new installment of this series.

To get us in the mood for a hot, dusty, afternoon I'd like to share with you a bit of the history of the LDRG: "For weeks, the LRDG carried out reconnaissance patrols in the heart of the Libyan desert, penetrating enemy territory through the ‘Qattara Depression’, an astonishing natural feature 150 miles long, half as broad, and 450 feet below the Mediterranean at its deepest point. It was a pin-prick on the earth’s surface but a crueler, more desolate spot would be hard to imagine, particularly in July under the midday sun."

Now, we hope to find our route more hospitable than the Qattara depression, nonetheless we'll move as fast and as silently as possible through the dunes of Murqab (and a new route at that), the Lisaili Plateau, and onward as much as the sunlight will allow us to, across Solar Park and Bab al Shams long range dunes.

The next instructions will provide the convoy order and radio channel. Until then, enjoy your week.

Not new to me. We have done the long range patrol before once and it was an out of the world experience. It was barely any refusals and stucks during that drive. 

• Like (+1) 2

Dear Desertanuts,

let's get ready for the closing of this weekend of drives.

As already posted, this will be another episode of the Long Range Patrols (also known as the Long Range Desert Group). We'll move from Murqab to Qudra, skirting, but not breaching, the Carnity no-go zone, driving through Lisaili's eastern border (on a new track crossing the previously avoided technical dunes), and from Solar Park, hopefully, to Bab al Shams. The sunset will decide how far we reach.

The Patrol's driving order will be as follows:

@Mario Cornejo

@Kalahari at #3

@Rizwan Waheed at #4

@Thomas Varghese at #5

@Craig Finlayson at #6

@MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ will be #7

@Melenany is #8

@Amir Amiri at #9, and 

@Jorge Stepniak Felippe will Sweep at #10.

Our radios will be tuned on Carnity channel #1 (446.006)

The meeting time is a "brisk" 3:30PM, to make sure the drive is as worthy as possible of a well motivated desert patrol's unit 😉. Enjoy your end of the week, and see you all on Saturday.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use