•  

Roll cage safety

Gaurav

Roll cage safety for off-roaders  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Is this roll cage safe for off-roading?

Doesnt seem to be welded to the frame and therfore it will cause more damage in case of a roll over since the metal bars will be free to move and distroy everything comes their way

• Like (+1) 1

Would have to go for unsafe, would need to be padded and also need to know the what the roll cage is anchored too. 

Seen a few roll cages in the oilfield that have been extended in front of the front seats and taken through the dashboard onto a structural member of the chassis. A few companies have it as a standard that no vehicle is allowed in the field without a full roll cage that protects A, B and C pillars 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

56 minutes ago, JamesThorn said:

Seen a few roll cages in the oilfield

Sorry off-topic , Seems we work in the same field, which company you work for? I work for NOV

• Like (+1) 1

Yes, Nascar mandates this Windshield "A" bar called the Earnhardt bar.

In desert offroad scenario, if a car was to nosedive into our windshield, this Windshield "A" bar would protect the driver to a degree.

1998 Dave Blaney's survival of a wall-crash was attributed to the Earnhardt bar:

• Like (+1) 1

Roll Cage is not allowed for passenger cars, unless with prior permissions in Dubai/UAE.

Tourist companies which have roll cages in their land cruisers are done after permission for modifications from RTA.

As far as I knew , RTA doesn't pass cars with unauthorised roll cage modifications at yearly tests.

Please correct me if wrong😊

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use