•  
Advertise here

Jeep JL - Sand Stuck in the Defrost Button

After last week's drive I pressed the rear defrost button unattentively and it got stuck on the "On" position because of sand. It is causing not only to AC to not work but blowing hot air inside the cabin as the front defrost is also getting activated. I tried but failed to pry it out and took it to a off-brand service centre mentally deliberating whether I should have taken it to the service centre. The off brand person advised me to take it to the official service centre, so I did.

My Jeep has been at the service centre since Saturday morning, and they are trying to figure out some jugad or something to rectify it. As usual their first intention was to replace the entire switch panel, but they don't have any here and it will take months to order one here.

Apart from ranting, the purpose of my post is to ask what could I have done differently.

PHOTO.jpg

• WOW (+2) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

are you sure its the sand ? connect the compressor and blow some compressed air thru those gaps probably ?

If we remove those allen bolts, will you get better access to blow out the sand?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sunil Mathew said:

are you sure its the sand ? connect the compressor and blow some compressed air thru those gaps probably ?

If we remove those allen bolts, will you get better access to blow out the sand?

Yes it is sand, happened right after the drive.

I was thinking I'd take it to the car wash where they have high pressure air, which might have cleaned the sand. But foolishly took it to service centre. I have to kick myself for that may be...

Edited by Goutam
  • Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue. Service guys told me it's a warranty case, kind of jam inside. Waiting for the panel already 2 months.  In the meantime, they just disabled the whole panel, you can use your screen for everything apart from switching off the traction control (which can be done by removing the fuse)

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/7/2021 at 3:31 PM, Looper said:

Apart from ranting, the purpose of my post is to ask what could I have done differently.

Buy FJC

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

On 7/25/2021 at 3:09 PM, Gaurav said:

Buy FJC

That is not an option anymore.

FJ, no doubt is a very well made car and has better put together overall, but If I were to go and buy a new vehicle, I'd still not buy a FJ since I don't really like the way it looks like. Irrelevant to the decision but the FJ was designed as a concept in 2003 and Toyota decided to launch it in 2005. It is such an old model and they aren't even trying to refresh it. It is perhaps only available in the Middle East and nowhere else. Toyota just left it to die a slow death.

• Sad (0) 1

2 minutes ago, Looper said:

FJ, no doubt is a very well made car and has better put together overall, but If I were to go and buy a new vehicle, I'd still not buy a FJ since I don't really like the way it looks like. Irrelevant to the decision but the FJ was designed as a concept in 2003 and Toyota decided to launch it in 2005. It is such an old model and they aren't even trying to refresh it. It is perhaps only available in the Middle East and nowhere else. Toyota just left it to die a slow death.

It was a joke bhai, I know there is no replacement for brand affinity.

As all above poster covered what I could add (compressor air, outside garage etc.) so I thought of making a bit joke to dilute your frustration and disappointment.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

It was a joke bhai, I know there is no replacement for brand affinity.

As all above poster covered what I could add (compressor air, outside garage etc.) so I thought of making a bit joke to dilute your frustration and disappointment.

I know -  obviously it was a Joke. Jeeps do have their usual share of troubles and it is part of the Jeep experience, however frustrating it is. 

These days my trouble is that sand comes into the car though the gap between rear glass pan and the door. every time I open it a lot of sand falls back into the car.  

Edited by Looper
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Looper said:

You have so much in your heart against fj @Looper???? 🤣🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2