•  

What to do in case of any roll over or any damage to the car?

Abdul Hannan

20 minutes ago, Sam K said:

Hi @Zed

Your response is very helpful, I am doing some research on insurance coverage. What insurance provider did you have? 

Sam

hi @Sam K , i had RSA at the time, wonderful and got the White Y62 back to showroom brand new (agency repair). But the year after, they wanna charge me a hefty premium, so I ran away to another insurance since I'm not using the Y62 for another roll-over exercise 😂 

On 5/3/2022 at 4:48 PM, Sam K said:

@Zed 😆 

I honestly wasn’t sure that the insurance would cover a roll-over. What should I look for in the policy, I have Oman Insurance? It does say off road cover, but what fine text should I look for.

Thanks a lot.

Sam

@Zed i have the same question. while looking for insurance do we need to add something related to accidents in desert?

On 5/3/2022 at 4:48 PM, Sam K said:

@Zed 😆 

I honestly wasn’t sure that the insurance would cover a roll-over. What should I look for in the policy, I have Oman Insurance? It does say off road cover, but what fine text should I look for.

Thanks a lot.

Sam

hi @Sam K & @ShereenMK, just make sure there is NO FINE PRINT regarding offroad insurance. I've read insane small footprint like "covers offroad but only if accident happens 500m from nearest highway" 😂 

Also know this rule: Read what is your Insured Car Value in the Policy. Usually it drops 10% each year. The reason RSA paid for my full agency repair was because Nissan gave a quote of 60,000dhs to RSA (this is my guess tho, Nissan won't confirm the repair cost). If RSA rejects and will apply Total Loss, they will have to pay me more than 100,000dhs (it was 2019 Y62 so the value was still high). Either way, I get a fully-repaired car or 100K dhs to buy new car 😅

@ShereenMK our LC100 is old,

probably Insured Value is around 15,000dhs, so if it breaks, Insurance will apply Total Loss and pay us 15,000dhs, so make sure your Total Loss Policy is clear on the payout procedure... else you'll have a broken car that you have to fix yourself 😄

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use